shape
carat
color
clarity

Soon to be Aquamarine Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
35.gif

I got a call last night from my mother who said she has purchased a pair of aquamarines at H.Stern for me !!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
36.gif

I had jokingly said please buy me a Santa Maria aquamarine ... these aren''t santa maria ones but hey I''m so happy
9.gif
(She is in Rio right now and there is no way I can get her to spend time taking pictures of them, so I (and you all!) will have to wait until I see her to get my hands on those two lovelies! ... She bought them thinking I could make earrings out of them so I imagine they can''t be TOO big... She described them as "squarish - rectangular" I''m guessing that means a squarish emerald cut?

The question I have is... Can I buy pre-made earring settings online, if so, where? I see they don''t have any from LOGR, Whiteflash only sells them with the purchase of diamonds and I really don''t know how much it would be to go custom for a simple basket setting.

I know I have no pictures so this isn''t going to be a popular thread
3.gif
, but any help would be appreciated!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any jeweler can help you with basic settings from a company like stuller.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Make sure your Mom visits both the H.Stern museum and the Amsterdam Sauer gem collection (they are both in Ipanema, about a block apart). Amsterdam Sauer''s collection is absolutely jaw dropping, while H. Stern is more focused on the jewelry process, from mining to design to finished piece.

Another tip is to go to Junia Machado''s atelier in Santa Tereza (which is worth a visit in any case). Junia has some very interesting designs.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet of your mom! I can''t wait to see them (I''m sure you can''t either!) - how exciting
36.gif
36.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 6:59:51 AM
Author: neatfreak
Any jeweler can help you with basic settings from a company like stuller.

Hi Neatfreak,

I live in the UK and am under the impression they don''t sell stuller here...maybe LD can chime in on that one
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet Mom! I second the Stuller settings--your jeweler should be able to set them for not too much. Can''t wait to see!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all, it is sweet of her!

Date: 2/13/2009 8:43:26 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Make sure your Mom visits both the H.Stern museum and the Amsterdam Sauer gem collection (they are both in Ipanema, about a block apart). Amsterdam Sauer's collection is absolutely jaw dropping, while H. Stern is more focused on the jewelry process, from mining to design to finished piece.

Another tip is to go to Junia Machado's atelier in Santa Tereza (which is worth a visit in any case). Junia has some very interesting designs.

That's a good idea! She's from Rio though so I would imagine she's been there but I'll tell her anyway =) I'm gonna make sure I go to those museums next time I'm there because I've never been
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Let me know when you visit Rio and I´ll see if I can go up to meet you - we can hit the museums together!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if the UK doesn''t have any Stuller (US company) settings, it must have a similar company that sells simple stock settings in large quantites. Your local jewellers should know who they are and be able to order them (simple baskets) for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results