carat
color
clarity

Sonia B bands - reset ideas

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers :wavey:

I bought the baguette round band and this other band all rounds (below) from Sonia B years ago. I remember comments about how delicate the baguette round bands are and honestly probably wore each band less than a handful of times before I outgrew the size 8.

I am posting a pic with the IDJ sapphire diamond baguette round band in the middle so you can get an idea of how delicate these bands are. What would you do to make them structurally more sound?

I have seen pics of baguette round bands where two prongs were between the diamonds as opposed to the 1 shared prong. Would that help?

What if I channel set these rings? Are the diamonds so tiny that channel setting would prevent enough light from reaching the diamonds and making them sparkle?

What would you do?

_2907.jpeg

knoxgirl

Rough_Rock
I have two of these that I purchased pre-loved, one was a Sonia B., the other a David Klass re-creation. The DK re-creation was much sturdier than the Sonia B. In fact, I ordered a band directly from Sonia B. that was so flimsy that a stone fell out during transit. If you like the design, maybe ask David if he can re-do it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
knoxgirl said:
I have two of these that I purchased pre-loved, one was a Sonia B., the other a David Klass re-creation. The DK re-creation was much sturdier than the Sonia B. In fact, I ordered a band directly from Sonia B. that was so flimsy that a stone fell out during transit. If you like the design, maybe ask David if he can re-do it.
Can you take some pics of David Klass's version for me? Profile and top down? I'd like to see how he sets it that makes it more structurally sound.

knoxgirl

Rough_Rock
I doubt that I can get decent pics. Maybe David has pics he can share. I can tell you that David's metal work was more substantial without looking heavier or clunkier and the stones were set more straight. The ring looked the same but felt more solid.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Check out his fb site. He has photos there. You can also search ps there are a few of them here, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results