shape
carat
color
clarity

Songs you either didn''t get the lyrics to, or others didn''t......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What is a song that you messed up the lyrics to... and thought they were something else????

For example... during Bridget Jones #2, the ladies were singing "Like a version..." and bridget corrected them and said, "no the song is like a virGIN...."

Have you ever sung a song and COMPLETELY botched the lyrics and had to be corrected by someone else?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one that came to mind is the Clash, Rock the Casbah!!! I am so bad at making up my own lyrics; I never know what half the songs are saying so I make them up; life is better that way. hehe
3.gif
Hubby always, says , "noooooo, it's . . . "

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh man. I had to reply to this thread!

For the longest time I thought the Eric Clapton song Layla actually said, "Hey love, ba dah dum, you got me on my knees. Hey love." And I seriously wondered why I was having such a hard time finding the name of the song on Google.

My best friend always thought "She''s a brick house" actually said "She''s got breasts, OW!" which I think is the funniest misheard lyric ever.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA Those are AWESOME!!!!!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I had a friend that used to sing "Rock the Cash Bar" though I think he knew what the words really were...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was a kid, I always thought Stevie Nick''s, "just like the White Winged Dove," was "just like a One Winged Bird." I still sing it that way!
2.gif

stevienicks.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My mom used to always sing...
"You’re gonna have to face it you’re a dickhead in love as opposed to addicted to love"

"Or every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you

As opposed to everytime you go away you take a piece of me with you"

and some others... I''ll have to think about it... she is ALWAYS messing up songs and it is just the cutest thing really, cause she like BELTS em out LOUD and WRONG... it is soo adorable. I love my mommy.
9.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll never forget when we were playing Cranium - My best friend had to guess a humdinger - well, I hummed the song "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith - i hummed the chorus, obviously, "sweeeeeeet emooooootionnnn" -

in a matter of seconds, my best friend yells "WHEEL OF MOTION!" We looked at her like, "huh!?!" - she goes, "you know! Wheeeeeel of Mooooooootion" - seriously.

I still laugh at that and everytime I hear the song, i think of that moment!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I both heard the song, "Mad" on the radio. Maybe you have to hear it to know how much it sounds like what we both heard...but we both heard the same thing. And it sounded ridiculous! We looked at each other and asked if those could possibly be the lyrics!!!

Later, when she got home, she looked up the lyrics on the computer. We were stunned to find out what the "real" lyrics were, because we would never in a thousand years have guessed them from what we had heard! The real lyrics are below. We had been hearing, "Some time it's gonna rain...and I don't want to go to Maine".

The "real" lyrics (if you can believe it) turned out to be, "Some times it's gonna rain...and I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me."

You figure!!!

"Mad" Music Video on YouTube

Deborah
34.gif

"Mad"

"I know some times it's gonna rain,
But baby can we make up now
cause' I can't sleep through the pain (can't sleep through the pain)
girl I don't want to go to bed, mad at you
and I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me
no I don't want to go to bed mad at you
and I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me (oh noo)"

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly believed that the lyrics to Fatboy Slim''s "The Rockafeller Skank" were "Right about now, the funk so rubber" (they''re actually "right about now, the funk soul brother").

I was trying to tell my husband what song was stuck in my head, and I sang those lyrics to him... he couldn''t stop laughing for at least 5 minutes. Then he made me attempt to explain the logic behind the phrase "funk so rubber." I came up with a bunch of BS about funky soul music having a bounce to it, like rubber, etc. etc....

...needless to say, I have yet to live it down.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, another one that we BOTH messed up (and heard the same thing) is "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas.

Listen to that song and just TRY to tell me that it doesn''t sound like they''re saying "we the glass master class in your pajama!" Just TRY!

(The actual lyrics are "we the blast masters blastin'' up the jamma.")

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have to add a comment to my above post, before I run off to the kids'' bus stop, that Stevie Nicks has the coolest voice ever! Definetly the best female singer of all time!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh! My sister and I were famous for this when we were little.

We used to sing "living on a square" for Bon Jovi''s "living on a prayer"

We would also sing "Cause I''m Shaving" in Garth Brook''s song "Cause I''m Shameless"

Hmmm...I''m sure I will think of more later

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
One of my best friends used to mess up lyrics all the time as a kid, and her whole family won''t let her live it down. There was one song where the line went, "And a little ''bout love," and she thought they said, "And a little bathtub." LOL every time I hear it I just want to die laughing, picturing her all little, singing the song wrong.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Alanis Morsette''s song, "You Oughta Know" used to have me singing, "This is the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me," instead of "This is the cross I bear," LOL

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Corbin Blue''s Push it to the limit played at my gym... and I swore he was saying "bull sh!t bull sh!t"
he''s from hs musical...

"Push it, push it
To the limit, limit
''Cause we''re in it to win it
In it to win it
Oh yeah"

Date: 2/19/2009 7:00:31 PM
Author: princesss
Alanis Morsette''s song, ''You Oughta Know'' used to have me singing, ''This is the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me,'' instead of ''This is the cross I bear,'' LOL

DITTO.
19.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:27:15 PM
Author: swedish bean
Date: 2/19/2009 7:00:31 PM

Author: princesss

Alanis Morsette''s song, ''You Oughta Know'' used to have me singing, ''This is the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me,'' instead of ''This is the cross I bear,'' LOL

DITTO.
19.gif
I know a lot of people who did this one!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
For a really long time I thought Eric Clapton''s "Cocaine" was called "Okay" hahahah. I laughed pretty hard when I figured it out.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Eiffel65''s song "Blue". The chorus is

"I''m blue Da ba dee, da ba di Da ba dee, da ba di..."

To my ears it sounds forever as

"I''m blue, I''m in need of a guy, I''m in need of a guy..."

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:49:31 PM
Author: choro72
Eiffel65''s song ''Blue''. The chorus is

''I''m blue Da ba dee, da ba di Da ba dee, da ba di...''

To my ears it sounds forever as

''I''m blue, I''m in need of a guy, I''m in need of a guy...''

Haha!!! I thought it was either that or "If I was green I would die"

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes - Dire Straits "money for nothing"

We had a hits of the 80''s album we used to rock out to when we were little - I always thought (and sung) the hook to that song as "Money for Nothing and CHIPS for free!" instead of Chicks for free...
20.gif

Hey, I was a kid - I wanted CHIPS!!

I''m sure there are more, but that one always sticks out for me..
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The Pussycat Dolls

real lyrics : I want see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have have groupies

I thought they said : I want to see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have boobies
23.gif

And Britney Spears new song If You Seek Amy...now, say it out loud and think about it....I didn''t pick up on it at first either, but now I do.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:10:26 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
The Pussycat Dolls

I thought they said : I want to see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have boobies
23.gif

And Britney Spears new song If You Seek Amy...now, say it out loud and think about it....I didn''t pick up on it at first either, but now I do.
HAHAHAH... took me like 15 times hearing the song to know it was groupies and not boobies....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:15:44 PM
Author: tlh

The Pussycat Dolls

23.gif

HAHAHAH... took me like 15 times hearing the song to know it was groupies and not boobies....
Me too! And I thought that line was such a disgrace! Actually I think PCD are pretty disgraceful in general..
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:05:29 PM
Author: arjunajane
Yes - Dire Straits 'money for nothing'

We had a hits of the 80's album we used to rock out to when we were little - I always thought (and sung) the hook to that song as 'Money for Nothing and CHIPS for free!' instead of Chicks for free...
20.gif

I'm sure there are more, but that one always sticks out for me..
9.gif
OMG,
lol.gif
I thought it was CHECKS for free since they were talking about money. doh!!!
6.gif
Now I know! ha!
face20.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:44:26 PM

Date: 2/19/2009 10:15:44 PM
Author: tlh

The Pussycat Dolls

23.gif

Me too! And I thought that line was such a disgrace! Actually I think PCD are pretty disgraceful in general..
14.gif
I really like them...and they are opening for BS in April...I am sooo excited!!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know I've messed up many songs over the years, but can't remember any of them right now. In the meantime, this thread is cracking me up!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''ve messed up lyrics to multiple songs, but two of the funniest stories are from other people.

One girl I knew thought the words to "I wanna rock and roll at night and party every day." Were "I wanna rock and roll all night and part of every day."

My sister heard that 98Degrees song "I Do (Cherish You)" and there''s a part where they sing "your hand brushes mine" and she thought they were saying "your hairbrush is mine."

Oh, and I thought they WERE singing "I wanna have boobies" in that Pussycat Dolls song. Learn something new everyday....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:05:29 PM
Yes - Dire Straits ''money for nothing''

We had a hits of the 80''s album we used to rock out to when we were little - I always thought (and sung) the hook to that song as ''Money for Nothing and CHIPS for free!'' instead of Chicks for free...
20.gif

I''m sure there are more, but that one always sticks out for me..
9.gif

ha ha ha ha ha AJ, you have me rolling with this. ha ha ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results