shape
carat
color
clarity

Songs you either didn''t get the lyrics to, or others didn''t......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a funny post.

Did you realize there is a site specifically for misheard lyrics?....I look at this from time to time to see if others heard the same wrong lyrics that I heard. Even the name of the site is a very common misheard lyric.

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

One of the funniest I read on this site was for Taking care of business....misheard as Baking carrot biscuits....LOL...it still makes me laugh.
9.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I just found this because I was thinking about posting a similar thread and wanted to see if it already existed, so I had to bump it and add some of mine. I''m deaf in one ear, so my interpretations are usually off!

BoyzIIMen''s "End of the Road" says "stop pointing fingers; the blame is on me"...I thought it was "stomped on your fingers. the blame is on me"

Eve6''s "Beautiful Oblivion" I thought it said "watch it spin ''round, Toot the beautiful amphibian"

Genesis "Invisible Touch" says "She seems to have an invisible touch yeah" and DON''T ASK ME HOW this would ever make sense or how I even got this, LOL, but my version was "she seems to have a busy bottomed top shelf"

I dated a guy who thought the line "It''s been no bed of roses" in "We Are the Champions" was "It''s been no better frozen"

My best friend thought the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Scar Tissue" line that says "With the birds I''ll share this lonely view yeah" actually said "with birds i sh!t, it''s a lovely feeling"

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You guys and gals might be able to help me on this:

On the Lady GaGa song Poker Face she says something like I wanna hold you like they do in Texas Plays....

What the hell are Texas Plays?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I wanna Hold ''Em like they do in Texas Please....
Like the game... Texas Hold em... that is my thoughts.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 4:52:30 PM
Author: tlh
I wanna Hold ''Em like they do in Texas Please....
Like the game... Texas Hold em... that is my thoughts.
Well that makes more sense! But what is Texas Hold em?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
it is a popular poker game.

You get 2 cards and 5 community cards

Flop (3 cards) turn (1) river (1)

You make the best poker hand.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
The scales have fallen from my eyes!

Thank you tlh & I wanna. You rock.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Linkin Park has a song, Hit the Floor, and it goes "one minute you''re on top"
For the longest time, I kept singing "miniature rock star". ????? I have no idea why, but that''s what it sounded like. Never made sense to me until I figured out the real lyrics! I kept picturing this tiny rock star in leather pants dancing around a stage!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Until recently I thought the Paul Simon song said ''you can call me out" as opposed to "you can call me Al"

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Jude from the Beatles, I used to sing, hey jude don''t break my heart lol, until my hubby correct me
41.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 7:56:22 PM
Author: Gayletmom
Sorry for the confusion. My friend thought the song was called ''Two Pop Tarts'' when it was really ''Two of Hearts''.

I''m still working on how to edit my posts!

Bwahahaha a woman my mom used to work w/thought that too! She still laughs about that and that song is HOW old? Not that mom has any room to talk..she doesn''t hear commercials right..there was an old bloodbank commercial where a little girl goes up to a man and asks "Can you help my brother? He really needs blood" Mom heard "Can you help my gorilla, he really needs love" And a grocery stores slogan is "Where there''s a helpful smile in every aisle" Mom hears "Where there''s a half a**ed smile in every aisle"

Creedence Clearwater Revival has a song "Bad Moon Rising". One of the stations we listen to at work plays it all the time. One day at work, it was pretty quiet, and it came on. My front desk coworker and I sing to each other all the time..so in the stillness as we were typing along, instead of "there''s a bad moon on the rise" I sang "there''s a bathroom on the right". I know those aren''t the right words but it''s so funny I can''t help it. That was months ago and she still can''t hear that song w/out it popping into her head. hahahaha

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
my husband cracks me up.

his funniest one was the crowded house song - it goes....

"everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you."

HE thought it was -

"everywhere you go, you always take the Weber with you". he seemed to think it was some kind of advert for a BBQ!

for myself, i was at the hairdresser the other day, and one of the girls there was singing - in all sincerity - the bruce springsteen hit...

"Cause she was blinded by the light...revved up like a douche - another rubber in the night..."

(um....try....''blinded by the light...revved up like a deuce - another runner in the night''!!!)

i didnt say anything, but i definitely chuckled!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought Jimmy Buffet''s "Margaritaville" said "stepped on a pop-tart" but it''s "stepped on a pop-top"...I still sing it that way out of habit.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:15:56 PM
Author: VRBeauty
It happens to me all the time -- I hear a song I grew up with and suddenly I hear some part of the lyrics in a way that makes sense, rather than the shoehorned version of the lyrics I''ve assumed for -- oh, a decade or three?

This past weekend, I was just settling in for a long drive to see ''the folks'' when I the radio started playing ''White Rabbit'' by the Jefferson Airplane. Sorry, but I''ll have to cut out the interesting anecdotes about the last time I saw Jefferson Airplane/Starship live... suffice it to say I''ve always assumed the line in question was ''tell them Ma Hooper''s smoking characters.... '' This past Saturday was the first time I realized that Grace was singing about ''a hooka-smoking character....
40.gif

At least I can credibly claim that I have no hookas in my distant past!

I''m beginning to understand the ''old folks'' complaints about unintelligible words. In fact.....
2.gif

It''s actually "a hookah-smoking CATERPILLAR" because the caterpillar in alice in wonderland smokes the hookah!
9.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 8:08:02 PM
Author: sunnyd
For misheard lyrics, you have to see this video. No one can understand Sean Paul, these guys tried to interpret with cartoons.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfXke_z6t3I

OMG that was the FUNNIEST thing I''ve EVER SEEN on youtube!!! I''m extra mad at the stick man farting into the radio!!! Bwahahahahaha!

It''s EXTRA funny to me because, being of Jamaican decent I know what he''s really saying. I''ve added that to my YT Favorites!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I had a friend in college that thought the lyric to "Little Red Corvette" was "Give it up Paulette".... seriously

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:15:06 PM
Author: tlh

My mom used to always sing...
''You’re gonna have to face it you’re a dickhead in love as opposed to addicted to love''

''Or every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you

As opposed to everytime you go away you take a piece of me with you''

and some others... I''ll have to think about it... she is ALWAYS messing up songs and it is just the cutest thing really, cause she like BELTS em out LOUD and WRONG... it is soo adorable. I love my mommy.
9.gif

This one made me laugh out loud! Just the image I get in my head......LOL.
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 7:18:27 PM
Author: doodle
Date: 3/9/2009 11:15:56 PM

It's actually 'a hookah-smoking CATERPILLAR' because the caterpillar in alice in wonderland smokes the hookah!

9.gif

Well, so he does!
2.gif
And a bit more of the mystery unfolds....

Thanks, Doodle!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 8:36:49 PM
Author: SparklyLibra

Date: 4/25/2009 8:08:02 PM
Author: sunnyd
For misheard lyrics, you have to see this video. No one can understand Sean Paul, these guys tried to interpret with cartoons.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfXke_z6t3I

OMG that was the FUNNIEST thing I''ve EVER SEEN on youtube!!! I''m extra mad at the stick man farting into the radio!!! Bwahahahahaha!

It''s EXTRA funny to me because, being of Jamaican decent I know what he''s really saying. I''ve added that to my YT Favorites!
The fish hat is killing me!!!!!
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
"she came in through the bathroom window...."

Help me out, folks
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results