shape
carat
color
clarity

Something smells bad! Oh - wait - it's me!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know, as I stopped trying out perfumes when I discovered Chanel No. 19 over 20 years ago and it became the only scent that I wear to this day.

DK :))

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Years ago when fragrance vendors had sniff cards inserted into magazines...White Diamonds was introduced. Prior to a date with my boyfriend at the time (now DH), I swiped my neck with it. My honey loved it so much that he bought a bottle of it for me. I rarely wear cologne these days but when I do...it is White Diamonds! my theory is if you don't get positive compliments on a fragrance, you probably should not wear it. One of my clients wears a strong musky scent. She smells like underarm BO. Gosh, How to let her know?

FM

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Most scents are terrible on me and seem to smell the same. I am extremely sensitive to all perfumes and can smell them from a mile away.

Chanel no. 5 makes me sick. I don’t know if that perfume is incredibly strong or if it’s typical buyer bathes in it but it leaves a cloud /trail wherever it goes.

My aunt wore Chanel No. 5 and she always smelled great. I tried a spritz on me at Nordstrom a years ago and it totally smelled old and moldy. I was convinced they changed the formula because it was soooo different. I am reluctant to try any Chanel perfume now.

I recall when the cologne POISON .... was all of the rage! My roommate at the time loaded up on it. I swear she smelled like RAID! Listening to a radio talk show during which the previous guest (female) had left the studio. The Two male commentators observed a "smell" shortly afterward...I assumed that the female guest must have been wearing Poison! Nasty stuff!

FM

HAHA!! Finally someone else says what I think. I think many scents, especially French ones smell like Raid.

Oh god--Georgio. I remember that---truly heinous.
I had Chanel No. 5 in high school from a boyfriend. Hated it then and hate it now.
DH likes when I wear Michael Kors Island but I am not loving it lately.
I have liked some Issy Miyake scents.
Also like Aqua di Parma--the classic one which is actually a mens fragrance. Go figure.

I have never liked French perfume. It all has that Raid smell to me. I went into a shop in Paris where they make perfume for you and it smelled like Raid to me.

I did just by my mom a bottle of Coco for Christmas and I like that. I hope she does. But Chanel N 5? Nope.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What smells bad on me?

12 hours of land surveying and driving in the hot Australian sun :mrgreen2:

Although there was a deodorant back in the day that used to make me smell like clothes that sat in the washing machine for a week after being washed. I think it was Lynx Phoenix bodyspray. Horrid stuff.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What smells bad on me?

12 hours of land surveying and driving in the hot Australian sun :mrgreen2:

Although there was a deodorant back in the day that used to make me smell like clothes that sat in the washing machine for a week after being washed. I think it was Lynx Phoenix bodyspray. Horrid stuff.

LOLOL. I think that would be the equivalent of "Irish Spring". ohlalauhNO:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current love is Givenchy Live Irresistible. It smells sort of like candy to me and I hope it doesn’t smell awful to other people.
One of the men in my art guild wears some kind of musk. It is so horrible...he’s a hugger and after your nice hug from him you have to go home, take a bath and wash your clothes. He’s a nice man and I wish there were a way to tell him his scent stinks!
C24290D1-D7BA-4D82-8107-B23EBD6DD59C.jpeg

Attachments

• C64EB6A7-080B-464B-8860-40CC4DE2D9B3.jpeg
    C64EB6A7-080B-464B-8860-40CC4DE2D9B3.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 78

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Habanita from Molinar (old obscure French Perfume house) smells divine on me, Shalimar and a few Guerlain too, L'ambre Tan Guidicelli (discountinued for 10 years my fav I stocked up when they announced that they were closing) Soft Musk from Avon (discontinued too).
Any floral smells like either cat pee or 95 degree in the summer garbage can on me.
Then depending onthe time of the cycle or which pill I was on, and now what hormones I take, would totally change the way perfume would react on my skin and how MY NOSE would support it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results