shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a little different. Tension set moissanite!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to send all my love and cuddles and wishes to you and your doggy! She is absolutely stunning and I really hope everything gets resolved! I know it can be unbearable talking about it but if you wish to, please do update us on what is happening with her.

As for your ring... I think you have exceptional taste and look forward to progress updates on that too!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Bruce is lightening fast! _DSC0231.JPG

I'm a tiny bit nervous that the ends aren't angled enough, but going to wait and see what I think IRL. He said he angled them 7 degrees on each side. I trust his eye, so I'm going to withhold judgement until it gets here.

What do people think?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

I'm a tiny bit nervous that the ends aren't angled enough, but going to wait and see what I think IRL. He said he angled them 7 degrees on each side. I trust his eye, so I'm going to withhold judgement until it gets here.

What do people think?

That’s the fastest turnaround time ever! I think it’s beautiful. Angled and structured but the soft edges add an organic feel to it. Perfect balance! I can’t wait to see hand shots.

Side note: You are way braver than me. I’d be terrified I’d knock the stone loose the first week I got it. And I’m so clumsy, I probably would :lol-2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

What do people think?

That was so fast! Wow! Gosh I wonder how they actually make those settings. So interesting.

What made you decide against side stones?

Hard to comment on angles from that view, but I like the finish and I really like that style of tension setting. It's a bit more organic and 'soft' compared to some of your side-stone-less inspirations. I know that sounds weird given how straight it is but it's also very fluid looking.

Do you have pictures from more angles?

Cannot wait to see your IRL pictures! :D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was so fast! Wow! Gosh I wonder how they actually make those settings. So interesting.

What made you decide against side stones?

Hard to comment on angles from that view, but I like the finish and I really like that style of tension setting. It's a bit more organic and 'soft' compared to some of your side-stone-less inspirations. I know that sounds weird given how straight it is but it's also very fluid looking.

Do you have pictures from more angles?

Cannot wait to see your IRL pictures! :D

hmm, dunno exactly what made me decide on no side stones. I think maybe trying on this .5 ct one from robbins bros (which is ugh, but the only opportunity I had to really try on a round tension-style)

20190303_134246.jpg

20190303_134241.jpg

there was just something about the plain band and strong design that spoke to me. My mom was there when I tried stuff on, and fell in love with this kind of style. She pointed out that if I really wanted something different from my e-ring, that this would be more unique than one with more side stones (since I have a halo already). So I think that played a big role. I also really wanted one from Bruce Boone, since I've been speaking to him off and on since literally 2015/2016. He is so skilled, and I trust him to do it right more than the LA jeweler I was going to use to complete it in 14K.

From what I've heard, stainless steel is better for tension than 14K since it's "springy/hard". So the issue is that only a few places/people can make a 14K tension set well in a way that will really last. I didn't want to have problems or loose a stone, and didn't want a bar underneath. haha sorry, long answer!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, dunno exactly what made me decide on no side stones. I think maybe trying on this .5 ct one from robbins bros (which is ugh, but the only opportunity I had to really try on a round tension-style)

20190303_134246.jpg

20190303_134241.jpg

there was just something about the plain band and strong design that spoke to me. My mom was there when I tried stuff on, and fell in love with this kind of style. She pointed out that if I really wanted something different from my e-ring, that this would be more unique than one with more side stones (since I have a halo already). So I think that played a big role. I also really wanted one from Bruce Boone, since I've been speaking to him off and on since literally 2015/2016. He is so skilled, and I trust him to do it right more than the LA jeweler I was going to use to complete it in 14K.

From what I've heard, stainless steel is better for tension than 14K since it's "springy/hard". So the issue is that only a few places/people can make a 14K tension set well in a way that will really last. I didn't want to have problems or loose a stone, and didn't want a bar underneath. haha sorry, long answer!

Love long answers! :kiss2:

I also really love the chunky look. Like really. My new ring, which I haven't posted yet, had prongs that were polished down a lot from the wax version. They were very delicate and 'flowy' compared to the chunky edgy wax that I loved. I think most people would want the slim flowy version but I want the chunky edgy version. (My jeweller is very kindly remaking the ring for me. :kiss2:)

That reminds me of your setting in that regard, that you like the solid nature of it. Totally get it. It sounds like Boone also totally gets it and is fully trustworthy, and I'm sure if it's not angled enough he would rectify that for you. :geek2: I also think it's really nice to give trustworthy, patient jewellers business when you have been chatting back and forth with them over time - it's like positive reinforcement to them on how lack of pressure reaps rewards. :D

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
The finish and smooth edges are gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it on! When do you expect it? (Apologies if you’ve already answered this question previously.)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The finish and smooth edges are gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it on! When do you expect it? (Apologies if you’ve already answered this question previously.)
Supposed to be yesterday, but it now says "delayed, but on the way". So not quite sure.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks awesome! As @Sandeek said, it looks molten! The angles look really nice on it, too. How are you feeling about it? Can't wait until you get it!!!
Good, but still a little nervous that the tilt of the bookends won't be "enough". But still excited to see! Mostly right now I'm mad at USPS! Haha

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New delivery date is today! Sadly I'll be at work, so I hope they leave it in the mailbox! Otherwise I'll need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow and I am SO IMPATIENT!:twisted2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
New delivery date is today! Sadly I'll be at work, so I hope they leave it in the mailbox! Otherwise I'll need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow and I am SO IMPATIENT!:twisted2:

Same!!! Fingers crossed it’s in the box when you get there. Hopefully it’s not a signature required delivery. o_O

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling better about the tilt after taking these screenshots.

Screenshot_20190311-081209_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20190311-081150_Instagram.jpg

It does look well balanced! What will happen if you feel the tilt isn't quite enough? I'm super excited for you and hope you don't have to wait until tomorrow!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unnnnngh, is it here yet??? lol

That video looks awesome but is way too short :D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look well balanced! What will happen if you feel the tilt isn't quite enough? I'm super excited for you and hope you don't have to wait until tomorrow!
No idea, I'd probably contact Bruce and see if he could remake it for a fee? But hoping I don't have to!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I'm following this thread because now I also want to see how your ring looks! :P2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do iiiiiiiiit! I’m a bad influence. But isn’t the flu or something going around? *cough, cough* :P2
cough cough, who needs to observe a lecturer and meet with a student this afternoon??? I'm obviously SO SICK! :sick:

Just kidding. I'll be responsible and stay at work until 530 before going home. First world problems! :boohoo:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy f$$k!!! It's here and I'm blown away. Bruce nailed it, and the AV H&A is freaking insane. It compares with my CBI. MY CBI, WHICH WAS CUSTOM CUT and cost ~4k, whereas this was .5ct bigger, higher color, and 530. Obviously it's not a diamond, but the fact that it even compares is crazy. Pics!!!!

20190311_183419.jpg 20190311_183424.jpg 20190311_183425.jpg 20190311_183431.jpg 20190311_183412.jpg 20190311_183417.jpg

In my car with no light in the garage. It just shines even in the light of my phone. First one has flash for fun :)

20190311_182413.jpg
This one is without any light. Crazy.
20190311_182428.jpg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. My jaw hit the floor when I opened this post. The stone looks amazing. The setting looks amazing. It’s perfect on your hand! I don’t even like tension set rings but this is a stunner!!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Direct comparison with my CBI. The CBI is N color, was cut to order, and 6.5mm. tried to capture them both at the same time from a similar angle. 20190311_183359.jpg 20190311_183339.jpg 20190311_183348.jpg 20190311_183352.jpg 20190311_183354.jpg
Omg, I love your ring!!! :kiss2::love: It’s absolutely beautiful!!!

And thanks for comparing it with your CBI!!! I always wondered how AVs compared with lab diamonds and holy crap, they both look stunning! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results