shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a little different. Tension set moissanite!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, in case anyone doesn't frequent RT, I wanted to post here. I'm thinking about putting all my colored stone projects on hold to get a tension setting. I've been emailing back and forth sporadically with Bruce Boone since 2015 (!!) But can't ever decide what a style I want. I've narrowed it down a to something like the following 2 options (with a random third that's less likely).
1:
tr-196_grande.jpeg

2 (taken from the lovely @angeline )
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg

Random 3rd one. I love it, but no band would be possible bc of the diamonds on the side. But that side view is just...so good.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Thoughts? Preferences? Or do ppl just think I'm crazy bc tension settings aren't very common haha?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Last one lol. It looks like it would be so pretty!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one lol. It looks like it would be so pretty!!
The one with the side diamonds? I know, the profile is just insane. But I worry that since it would be an alternative wedding set that I'd be sad that I couldn't wear a band.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Well obviously I don't think you're crazy!

I love number 1. One thing I missed in the tension setting I have is the lovely look of shiny molten metal which you get with a rounded setting.

It depends though on you of course. Do you like strong, architectural, or more flowy, softer organic looking? What is your style?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well obviously I don't think you're crazy!

I love number 1. One thing I missed in the tension setting I have is the lovely look of shiny molten metal which you get with a rounded setting.

It depends though on you of course. Do you like strong, architectural, or more flowy, softer organic looking? What is your style?
haha I don't know exactly--thats the problem! My style is so weird and varied. I love halos, blingy settings, eternity bands, etc. But I also love stuff that's "strong", and slightly more "masculine".

So here are the blingy things I own and love:
20181112_144221.jpg

Img6107.jpg

DmQYuN4.jpg

But I also got this ring custom made, which isn't feminine or "blingy" at all.

Greek_God_blue_box_elder_black_silver_m3_79mm_sb_5_2048x.jpg

Maybe what I like is "bold"? I don't really like understated delicate stuff, because I'm not a delicate or understated type of person.

Guess what I'm saying is I have no freaking idea what my style is :wall::wall::wall:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE the first one! :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
The one with the side diamonds? I know, the profile is just insane. But I worry that since it would be an alternative wedding set that I'd be sad that I couldn't wear a band.

Yup that's the one! I think if I had one like that it would be the ONLY time I would be okay with wearing my band on my right hand. I would want to see all the beautiful details!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
haha I don't know exactly--thats the problem! My style is so weird and varied. I love halos, blingy settings, eternity bands, etc. But I also love stuff that's "strong", and slightly more "masculine".

Maybe what I like is "bold"? I don't really like understated delicate stuff, because I'm not a delicate or understated type of person.

Guess what I'm saying is I have no freaking idea what my style is :wall::wall::wall:

I totally get it. I think I have the same 'style' I too am not sure it's a style, but it's what I am drawn to. I also love a bit of everything, but couldn't really handle anything too delicate, because I would just be paranoid all the time that I might break it! that's why I love the tension, it's just so strong and secure. Nothing is breaking the diamond out of that baby!

Go for it! Satisfy that blingy, strong bold urge! Go the last one, you'd be so satisfied looking at that profile all the time. Yum :lickout:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 do you have a favorite between the side bling (3) vs more flowy gypsy set (1)? I feel like our taste is similar so wanted to ask!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not gonna lie, I prefer side bling# 3. I think a tension mount is all about that profile view so it makes sense to make that area glam. But (and this is a big but) if you are going to be disappointed by not wearing a wedding band with it, you should consider going with one of your other options. My second favorite is option# 1 from you list.

Personally, I like a little extra bling (there’s a reason I don’t have much in the way of solitaires). So I think some extra pizazz on the top of the shank would be perfect. I scrolled through Pinterest for a couple extra options (can’t hurt right?). :mrgreen2:

6BBC5352-7409-48BD-945F-27F55A397E10.jpeg 8F1C2E56-DBC6-4093-9760-479A1DD9599F.jpeg EB2D4CC3-E9E9-4459-95D0-B713BD674F7A.jpeg CE153A17-FB67-4A37-B71A-2BA75470826C.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the pics @elle_71125 !!!!

I really like this look, but might just be overthinking the wedding band thing.

8F1C2E56-DBC6-4093-9760-479A1DD9599F.jpeg

I like that the one with slide bling also has bling on the top, because then it has the 'something extra' from all angles.

Here's the top view:

s-l1600.jpg

I can't get that literal one since there isn't one being sold in my size, but I spoke with an LA area jeweler who makes tension sets and he said he is willing to make me one like it since G&A is out of business and finding particular styles in exact sizes is super impossible.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the pics @elle_71125 !!!!

I really like this look, but might just be overthinking the wedding band thing.

8F1C2E56-DBC6-4093-9760-479A1DD9599F.jpeg

I like that the one with slide bling also has bling on the top, because then it has the 'something extra' from all angles.

Here's the top view:

s-l1600.jpg

I can't get that literal one since there isn't one being sold in my size, but I spoke with an LA area jeweler who makes tension sets and he said he is willing to make me one like it since G&A is out of business and finding particular styles in exact sizes is super impossible.

Well at least you know you’ll get exactly what you want that way. :mrgreen2:
The side bling is even more my favorite now that I know there’s bling on top too. You can never have too much sparkle. :cool2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well at least you know you’ll get exactly what you want that way. :mrgreen2:
The side bling is even more my favorite now that I know there’s bling on top too. You can never have too much sparkle. :cool2:
Good point about getting it just like I want. It's definitely a plus!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 1.58.34 PM.png
Saw this one from Ivy and Rose and I like the sapphire side bling!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So frustrated at the lack of available tension sets to try on! Only 2 places seem to have them. One is 35 min away, and the other is 30 min away (of course they are in opposite directions). grrrrr. But I feel like I need to try a few more on before making a decision about style. I totally get that these need to be made to order, but having at least a few seems like a good idea.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So frustrated at the lack of available tension sets to try on! Only 2 places seem to have them. One is 35 min away, and the other is 30 min away (of course they are in opposite directions). grrrrr. But I feel like I need to try a few more on before making a decision about style. I totally get that these need to be made to order, but having at least a few seems like a good idea.

Sorry you’re feeling frustrated. I’m glad your trying on similar styles to make sure you get what you want. Smart move.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you’re feeling frustrated. I’m glad your trying on similar styles to make sure you get what you want. Smart move.
I'm being a total baby. But we were just told our 4 month old beloved puppy might die, so I'm distracting myself until we get test results. But distracting myself isn't working if I can't try on shiny things . Hence the silly complaining. :( :( Was going to post about it on hangouts, but I'm honestly too sad to make a whole thread and have ppl weigh in. But wanted to share with this smaller group. :cry2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness you are absolutely NOT being a baby!!!! I am so sorry to hear you’re going through this. Our puppy was born November 22nd, so fairly close in age, and I would be utterly devastated if I got news like that. Nothing I can say will help with the sadness and anxiety of waiting on test results, but I’m sending thoughts and prayers your way today! Please keep us updated, if you feel up to it.

And feel free to share pics of your baby! It always makes me feel better to show mine off. :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness you are absolutely NOT being a baby!!!! I am so sorry to hear you’re going through this. Our puppy was born November 22nd, so fairly close in age, and I would be utterly devastated if I got news like that. Nothing I can say will help with the sadness and anxiety of waiting on test results, but I’m sending thoughts and prayers your way today! Please keep us updated, if you feel up to it.

And feel free to share pics of your baby! It always makes me feel better to show mine off. :kiss2:
Aww thank you! Short version is that she went in for her spay, and on the routine preop blood work they saw some bad stuff. So no spay and more tests. Looks like a problem with her liver. But we don't know how bad or if it's fixable. Ultrasound tomorrow. So worried about her!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, her sweet little furry face!!! I hope it’s nothing and she can move forward with the surgery and live a long, happy, healthy life!

I thought our little guy had a really bad heart murmur when we first got him, so waiting for his vet appointment was quite nerve wracking! Luckily I’m not a doctor, and was wrong. The whooshing sound I was hearing was him sniffing :lol: Even threw the vet off. She had to listen for a good long time before she could say for certain it was nothing.

fluffboll

Rough_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs: She's adorable! I completely understand the need for distractions in your situation - when I feel stressed I ogle bling like MAD! Not a crazy cat lady, but a crazy bling lady...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs: She's adorable! I completely understand the need for distractions in your situation - when I feel stressed I ogle bling like MAD! Not a crazy cat lady, but a crazy bling lady...

Totally understand!

I'm going to have the ring made by Bruce Boone, and I'm going with a plain shank style to really emphasize the clean/modern tension style. It's going to be something between these 2 styles

IMG_1704.jpeg
niessingtension2.JPG

I am going to be sending Bruce a 7mm AV round moissanite :) Hooray for bling!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been following your other thread and came here so I could speak about the stone more freely :)

What stone are you going to go with? (ie size, cut, etc)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here she is. Our (not so) little labradoodle!

20190228_111506.jpg 20190301_102514.jpg 20190301_102432.jpg
She’s absolutely adorable (as are your other two fur babies). :kiss2:
I’m so sorry to hear she may have a problem. Have you heard anything from the vet yet? I’m going to pray that it’s nothing or that it’s an easy fix.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally understand!

I'm going to have the ring made by Bruce Boone, and I'm going with a plain shank style to really emphasize the clean/modern tension style. It's going to be something between these 2 styles

IMG_1704.jpeg
niessingtension2.JPG

I am going to be sending Bruce a 7mm AV round moissanite :) Hooray for bling!

What a neat setting. I really love the way these look from the side. Just really visually appealing. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been following your other thread and came here so I could speak about the stone more freely :)

What stone are you going to go with? (ie size, cut, etc)
Went with a 7mm AV H&A! Jon is fast with shipping and it's arriving to Bruce today! Wow!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went with a 7mm AV H&A! Jon is fast with shipping and it's arriving to Bruce today! Wow!
I can’t wait to see the finished product. Doing a tension setting myself has crossed my mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results