Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My order is still in limbo. :( Called costco again and they said they have to wait for the manufacturer to verify that the return has been received. Should have taken your guys's advice and not even opened the package. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
My order is still in limbo. :( Called costco again and they said they have to wait for the manufacturer to verify that the return has been received. Should have taken your guys's advice and not even opened the package. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

That sucks, but if you do call back, I would mention that maybe they could at least create an order, with payment to be accounts receivable, that's what happened with mine, and they shipped out the same day I called!

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock

I would not worry about it. I opened mine, repacked the package, sent it back with the label Costco sent by email, and everything is going smoothly, without my ever calling or chatting. I do not have them yet, but I got a shipping notice yesterday. Just give them time. I am sure this was and is a giant headache for the company. We already see that Costco will make things right, so put your trust in that. Observing from a mile high, it looks like the people who have spent the most time trying to intervene have also had the most headaches. FWIW, I have not done a thing and it is all good. =)2

jkonst

Rough_Rock

I had my package intercepted/never opened and I’m in more or less the same boat. I think they’re just backed up from this. My service rep follows up every couple days saying they can’t get a response from the “operations department”. I’m sure it’ll all come together soon enough.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am reporting that I received my 1 tcw diamonds this afternoon. I was up so early in anticipation that after they arrived I took a nap. I just looked at them again, and while upon first glance they were underwhelming to me, after I took my nap I looked again. They looked much better. First off, they are very white, not D white but I see no yellow at all. Its the end of the day here so I will take them for different lighting environments tomorrow. They looked small when I opened the pkg. I have 1 tcw round studs which look bigger to me. I am very happy with them and for the 10th time do thank Anon again. In the end it was fun. I did not loupe them carefully in the proper lighting, but I didn't see anything that alarmed me.

Hder. They made 2 errors on my order so I'd keep in touch. You will get the studs, I'm sure, but things do fall through the cracks sometimes. Apparently the order number is whats important.

Annette
I can't do pictures.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m crossing my fingers it gets resolved soon..

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the support! Will keep you updated. They look like they're worth the wait.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Shipping my .5 today. Praying I've done everything correct.:geek2:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

HD, I am wondering where the talk about sending it back to the manufacturer comes from. It doesn't sound like the CS rep knows what is going on. Several CS reps explained that the .50 have to be checked by the Jewelry Dept. Do ask, as I did, if the CS person is aware of the .50 pt vs the 1 tcw diamond error that Cosco is resolving. The resolution team is different than reg. CS. You are unable to call the Resolution Team yourself. If you know all this--disregard.

Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

A diamond question. When I brought the earrings to a north facing patio door, a black spot showed up, even without my loupe. I viewed the earrings while they were in the box. I slowly turned the earring but the spot stayed stationary, so it is not an inclusion. I then switched to the other earring which had a very small black spot and did the same thing--rotated the earring. The spot did not move with the earring and was similar to the other earring. Who knows what this is? and what causes it?

Oh, I di not get any sparkles by the North Facing door. As I walked back to my Dining area, which is shady with 2 windows , they did sparkle. Is this also normal?

I measured the earrings with a manual caliper. They measured 5 millimeters. Does this sound right for .50 cw,?

Thanks,

Annette

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

HD, I am wondering where the talk about sending it back to the manufacturer comes from. It doesn't sound like the CS rep knows what is going on. Several CS reps explained that the .50 have to be checked by the Jewelry Dept. Do ask, as I did, if the CS person is aware of the .50 pt vs the 1 tcw diamond error that Cosco is resolving. The resolution team is different than reg. CS. You are unable to call the Resolution Team yourself. If you know all this--disregard.

Annette

Thanks yeah I will ask for the resolution department if I don’t hear more soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

A diamond question. When I brought the earrings to a north facing patio door, a black spot showed up, even without my loupe. I viewed the earrings while they were in the box. I slowly turned the earring but the spot stayed stationary, so it is not an inclusion. I then switched to the other earring which had a very small black spot and did the same thing--rotated the earring. The spot did not move with the earring and was similar to the other earring. Who knows what this is? and what causes it?

Oh, I di not get any sparkles by the North Facing door. As I walked back to my Dining area, which is shady with 2 windows , they did sparkle. Is this also normal?

I measured the earrings with a manual caliper. They measured 5 millimeters. Does this sound right for .50 cw,?

Thanks,

Annette
@smitcompton..They sound like black carbon spots to me...but maybe they have something on them...Did you just notice it? Try cleaning them. Mine sparkle like crazy...Princess cuts will get dirtier faster so you have to clean them lightly every day that you wear them. I run them under hot water after I take them off...Then I dry them with a paper towel. In the morning I put a little Windex on them when they’re on my ear. It’s like getting a smudge on the window. You can leave fingerprints on the surface.
They should measure 4.5mm for .50 ctw.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Thanks,

Annette

It's likely reflecting something dark like your hair or clothing. Princess cuts are have smaller, confetti-like faceting, so any kind of reflection will look like a little dark spot as opposed to the black arrows we're used to seeing on MRB. But it's the same thing, just reflections.

North facing door/windows aren't great for diamond sparkles, but its good diffused lighting for gems if you live in the Northern Hemisphere. Also, if your diamond is 5mm, it's over 0.50ct. 0.50ct should measure between 4.3-4.5mm, depending on depth.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Thank You Forte Kitty. I didn't think they were inclusions or black spots, but not having the experience of checking diamonds out, I really didn't know.

I do hope you kept yours and had no trouble with the exchange. I am happy with mine now that you explained it. Thanks Again.

Annette

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Did anyone else have the original order shipped to store? If so, did Costco automatically create the new order to ship to store as well? I couldn't pick up my order until this weekend because we were out of town (almost panicked because we got an email within the week saying that if we didn't pick up in the next day they would automatically return the package, but made a call and they took care of it, i.e. extended the pick-up window).

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone else have the original order shipped to store? If so, did Costco automatically create the new order to ship to store as well? I couldn't pick up my order until this weekend because we were out of town (almost panicked because we got an email within the week saying that if we didn't pick up in the next day they would automatically return the package, but made a call and they took care of it, i.e. extended the pick-up window).
Yes, mine were shipped to the store both times. I didn't want them going to my house since I work, and Costco is on my way home. They did automatically set the second order up the same as the first.

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Yes, mine were shipped to the store both times. I didn't want them going to my house since I work, and Costco is on my way home. They did automatically set the second order up the same as the first.

Thanks!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

As an aside to mamabeans comment, I will say that I recall an incident like this with White Flash. A customer was interested in a particular stone and I think was speaking to someone about it. He went on line to order and the price was a lot higher. I mean. not a couple of hundred, but a couple of thousand. The stone he looked at originally was mispriced, but White flash honored that price for the customer. Of course this is not on the scale of what happened here, but a vendor on here did honor the lower price as well.
Annette

jkonst

Rough_Rock
Just to add my current experience here - I had the package intercepted last Tuesday and haven't yet had luck getting the 1ct shipped to me since then. It seems they treated this as a refund instead of an exchange. I even got an email from Costco on 8/1 from the "resolution team" asking me to prove I had an email stating I should get the 1ct earrings, and haven't heard back since I replied. I tried chatting this morning and was told I'd hear from them in the next two days, so we'll see.

This all feels a little silly, but hopefully it works out!

As an update, I called again today to check on my status, and within a couple hours they started the new order (to that point I had received a number of "no update yet" updates). I should have the earrings within a few days. Very excited to see them! Oh, and I have an engagement ring coming from HPD next week :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
As an update, I called again today to check on my status, and within a couple hours they started the new order (to that point I had received a number of "no update yet" updates). I should have the earrings within a few days. Very excited to see them! Oh, and I have an engagement ring coming from HPD next week :)
It sounds like your significant other is going to be blinged out soon! Post some pics!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Called again. It got escalated to the resolutions team, who are supposed to get back to me via email. Fingers crossed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results