shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone has found there re-set!...one ? though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So...I can''t give out to many details because the moeny hasn''t exchanged hands yet...but details will come!
I have great news!

Someone (yay me!) found an authentic designer setting she fell in love with when she tried it on at a jewlery store..but couldnt afford though another source! And guess what! I''m getting in it platinum...for less than the cost of it in white gold at a jewlery store!

YAY ME! But beacuse the $$$ hasn''t changed hands, I''m not giving anything up! I dont want a lurker to come and steal it right from under me!

The best part is...someone I was working with at some point during the duration of my e-ring has verified all the information is ture and it''s a real deal! Not a fake! And they are willing to be the 3rd party thoughout this transaction so that way both parties are safe! And they are the store the person bought the ring from!

Whats even better is that I dont have to get a new head or anything! It''s made for my stone! The only bad this is that I have to get sizing beads because my finger is so small, I dont dare size it 1.5 sizes and compromise the setting.

So, my question to ya''ll is....the sizing beads would only be for .5 of a size. Are they uncomfortable?
If my wedding band is the correct size, does it look funny to have a band fit correctly, and then have the e-ring with sizing beads? I mean, is it going to bug me? Or look funny when I look down at it (meaning they dont sit at the same level on my finger)

Thanks guys! Sorry to be so vague! I will give more deatails as soon as the ring exchanges hands!

But I will tell you this...this is the deal of the year! Maybe the last 100 years!

You wont beileve it when I tell you the who, the what, the where and the PRICE!

YAY! I''m so happy!
30.gif
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Good for you!!! I know you''ve been on this quest almost since you bought your stone! I can''t wait to see what you have. I''ll be biting my nails waiting for the pictures!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its all very cryptic but I am thrilled for you anyway!!!!
yippee10.gif

allowingtoo

Shiny_Rock
Wink put some sizing beads on a ring he repaired for me and no, they were not uncomfortable at all!

Yay for you! Sounds like it was meant to be!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to say that I have had sizing beads and they weren''t uncomfortable. I did notice them the first few days...like if I carried a shopping bag etc. But you soon get used to them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds exciting...can''t wait to hear all the details.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news for you, I hope that it all works out the way you are hoping!

As for the sizing beads...my old e-ring setting had sizing beads and the wedding band did not...it did not bother me at all. It was actually quite comfortable.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very excited for you! The only thing better than getting what you want is getting it for a deal!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
yay!!
emthup.gif
thumbs up! it''s so exciting when you find the deal of a century! keep up posted - like Maisie said its all so cryptic so please come back and decrypt ASAP!
2.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a got bad news possibly
7.gif

Upon closer inspection to the photographs provided...I think I may have mixed up setting styles! It still is a designer setting, and very pretty...but not what I was hoping it was! I sent an email to the seller, requesting varification of which style it was. I was looking though the styles, and I noticed the tcw was higher than the ring I wanted. So, I scrolled though some more pics, and found one with the correct total weight...and the styles are similar...but this one doesnt have any milgrain
39.gif

I think it could be added for a minimal cost...but I''m not sure how it would look. The milgrain on the setting I thought it was has a smaller carat weight, and very dainty and vintage looking. This one w/o the milgrain and the .34 ctw instead of the .19 ctw doesnt have the milgrain...and is more modern looking.

I''m hoping I''m wrong...but I dont think I am. The store is closed so I''ll have to contact the jewler tomorrow and see about adding some milgrain to the design if it would still look alright, and if its still as dainty as I hoped it would be.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I feel better about the sizing beads and the fitted wedding band.

So, Another question for you guys. The total carat weight for the ring w/o center stone is .34ctw.
I''m thinking there is a total of about 12 diamonds in the setting, 6 per side. So, will that still look danity with my .85 cushion cut center?

Also, can someone post me pics of a cushion diamond with round side stones? Will that look okay?

Thanks again everyone for your support and comments! They come much needed and well respected!
26.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Uh, I think I get the gist of what you''re saying - but dang, take a deep breath and slow down, especially after that whole "brain/brian" debacle. However, I truly hope you get the setting you''re hoping for. And even if this isn''t the setting you thought it was, a higher total carat weight isn''t all bad, is it? Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results