shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely color! Do any of the inclusions extend to the surface in a way that would make you question its stability for jewelry or a pendant over a ring?

No, they are not surface reaching. I was looking at it last night in the kitchen, and it has some otherworldly glow from inside, like a little cosmos. I was mesmerized by the beauty!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously!!!! No clue how it's still available.

Maybe because of this: Final reduction! Asking $900 via PayPal friends and family.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe because of this: Final reduction! Asking $900 via PayPal friends and family.

I doubt that’s the reason. Most sellers request PayPal friends and family (but are usually happy to do standard PayPal, if the buyer is willing to pay the extra fees).

I’d say the main reason it hasn’t sold yet is because it’s a size 9.5.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I’d say the main reason it hasn’t sold yet is because it’s a size 9.5

Thank you for the explanation. I am very new to LT, had never met any seller on eBay who asks to be paid via PP F&F

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had a very positive purchase on LT from this seller, and she couldn’t have been more accommodating.
Two thumbs up.
Or I guess in EBay speak:
~~AA+++ AwEsOmE feedback SELLER A+!!~~

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the explanation. I am very new to LT, had never met any seller on eBay who asks to be paid via PP F&F

Happy to help. LT is a place where a lot of jewelry lovers are selling to other jewelry lovers (many of them PSers). There are some vendors posting on there and even some scam artists so it’s important to be careful and do your due diligence. Also, it’s important to note that most private sellers on LT are selling as “final sale.”

Having said that, I’ve also purchased from this person and she was great every step of the way (pretty much what @Rfisher said).

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Musia Even though it’s pretty much the norm on LT to list F&F prices, that doesn’t make it a good idea. Here on PS there is kind of a known community. But F&F doesn’t provide much protection to the buyer. I trust the seller of the beautiful spinel ring, but if you have any qualms whatsoever, pay the extra PayPal fees.

I had a nervous week after I bought a stone from somebody who said she got the flu and couldn’t mail it right away. It arrived after 2 weeks, but if it didn’t, I had zero recourse. Do your homework.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
As seen in The Gem Trader's latest mail drop (sorry, can't post the link), a nice pair of mis-match Tourmaline if anyone is planning for a by-pass ring.
I would, however, I already have a pair (Aqua and Tourmaline) waiting to be set.
Screenshot_20191218-081338_Samsung Internet.jpg

DK :))
20200427_155701.jpg

I finally got these set! Totally lost the light in my exile office.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would not hesitate to buy using PP F&F from this PS member and many of our other lovely members. If you really like an item and do not want to use F&F you can always ask the seller to use traditional PP and pay the extra PP fees. I think most would be open to that option if they know you through the forum.

The ring is beautiful and the right buyer will come along.

voce

Ideal_Rock

That is my holy grail for spessartite. Unfortunately, not in a great financial position at the moment, but one of you should go for it!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia Even though it’s pretty much the norm on LT to list F&F prices, that doesn’t make it a good idea. Here on PS there is kind of a known community. But F&F doesn’t provide much protection to the buyer. I trust the seller of the beautiful spinel ring, but if you have any qualms whatsoever, pay the extra PayPal fees.

I had a nervous week after I bought a stone from somebody who said she got the flu and couldn’t mail it right away. It arrived after 2 weeks, but if it didn’t, I had zero recourse. Do your homework.

I know this is old but just to chime in - Paypal purchase protection apparently doesn't cover jewelry. Once people figured that out, most switched to F&F since there is no reason to pay the fees if they aren't protecting the purchase anyway.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Paypal purchase protection apparently doesn't cover jewelry.

Well, that sucks. I really need to start reading the fine print. :oops2:

voce

Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

How could this not grab your attention! I can't believe this baby is available for sale.

I know nothing about pricing of large rubies. Is that considered expensive for a 5ct Burmese ruby? I'm totally clueless.

The one ring I have been obsessed with on 1stdibs is this one.

Again I know nothing about top tier vanadium chrysoberyl pricing but the price seems actually decent considering what alexandrites go for. I'd much rather have this than alexandrite.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok back to earth before anybody says I should have posted instead in the lottery edition thread :lol:, I think somebody here should buy this grey spinel and set it in a halo and show us lots of pictures.

It's an unusual cut and faces up large for a 2.15ct due to that special cut, I don't know about the steel blue part it to me is a grey spinel. I don't go for grey spinels but this is a nice one. Tempting, even! I really wonder what the cut looks like in real life.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about pricing of large rubies. Is that considered expensive for a 5ct Burmese ruby? I'm totally clueless.

The one ring I have been obsessed with on 1stdibs is this one.

Again I know nothing about top tier vanadium chrysoberyl pricing but the price seems actually decent considering what alexandrites go for. I'd much rather have this than alexandrite.

Assuming heat only or unheated (treatment not disclosed but will be known if you make inquiries since there is a reliable report), this is CHEAP for large Burmese ruby, considering that excellent color.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Definitely out of my budget for now, but this unheated sapphire is also a bargain and a beautiful stunner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results