shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
I don't have a reference handy, but this is absolutely true. Radiation is what causes diamonds to turn green, so for a long time the GIA had great difficulty telling if it was natural radiation in the ground, or if man irradiated it. I think they have gotten much better, but still may put out a report stating color origin is inconclusive. My mother owns a 3.02 ct natural green, with the GIA report declaring it natural.

That's a hundreds of thousands of dollars kind of stone wow:eek2:
Would love to see some pics

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
That's a hundreds of thousands of dollars kind of stone wow:eek2:
Would love to see some pics

I know that's not what my Dad paid years ago, but I really don't know what it is worth now. Next time she has it out of her safe deposit box, I will get a pic. It is not an intense or vivid, but a lovely light mint color. Think prasiolite color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea, do you have articles or further information about this?
It’s been discussed on this forum numerous times, but I don’t have the links, sorry.

I think Kenny, a pricescoper that collects rare fcd’s, has one with the skin retained.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would currently stay away from flawless diamonds. They are now synthetics and they are getting better. It's like a 3 ct Mozambique Ruby that was being sold by CherryPicked.com years ago. He couldn't sell it even a at a huge discount since there were no inclusions for the lab to determine if it was natural or synthetic. Pretty soon I don't think the labs will be able to tell the difference.

I understand how this could be a concern in the future, but until then that’s what laser inscriptions of report numbers are for.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
GIA has a machine that can determine synthetics by growth lines, but evidently that may not be enough!!!
Right now but probably not in the future. At the rate of development not not that far off.

voce

Ideal_Rock

voce

Ideal_Rock
I really ought to be cyber slapped for making the purchase. On July 4th, I had vowed to not make another new gem purchase that I was not already committed to (had to finish payments on some purchases and planned to finish setting a couple projects). But, here are the reasons I gave myself to make another one:
1) I received birthday money just recently
2) Spinel is my birthstone
3) It's under $200 and seems a great deal
4) It's heart-shaped. When am I going to find another heart-shaped spinel? I've looked around a lot and mostly what I see are ovals and cushions.
5) I love the color in the photo--a violet lavender with BLUE

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are such an enabler. At that price, how could I resist?
Yay!! I’m so glad you bought this! I wanted it badly, but just started a stone buying ban two days ago and didn’t want to give in already :lol:. I need to set the stones I already have! Please post photos once it arrives :mrgreen2:. It looks like it will be a beauty!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I’m so glad you bought this! I wanted it badly, but just started a stone buying ban two days ago and didn’t want to give in already :lol:. I need to set the stones I already have! Please post photos once it arrives :mrgreen2:. It looks like it will be a beauty!
I hope so! This is arriving by air mail (7-60 days) both because I'm cheap and because I'm going on vacation and can't really sign for it whenever. I am picture this purple heart with white diamonds and green stones in a unique halo.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heh, yeah, and not surprisingly it’s been sittin there a while :)

So if about 200 of us chip in we could totally share it...:mrgreen2::lol-2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inken Krause @Enhoerning Jewelry has listed this unheated 1.12 ct ruby on Loupe Troop. I'm not a rubies person, but I think it's appealingly "juicy" & her terms are very fair (it has a GIA report, a second, origin report from the lab of your choice, such as AGL, is included in the $8500 purchase price; free FedEx shipping; unconditional 7-day return policy). Would love to hear what those more well versed in rubies think of it!
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...-with-gia-report-and-free-second-report-agl-o
Enhoerning ruby LT Aug 30 2019.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results