T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone dealt with EKA before? Would love to hear feedback. I did a general keyword search but nothing came up by PSers.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone dealt with EKA before? Would love to hear feedback. I did a general keyword search but nothing came up by PSers.

I was seriously considering purchasing a sapphire from her earlier this year, and I would say she's very easy to chat with and will provide as many pictures/videos as necessary. Only con for U.S./Europe based PS-ers is she's in Shenzhen so shipping and returns could be a hassle.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I was seriously considering purchasing a sapphire from her earlier this year, and I would say she's very easy to chat with and will provide as many pictures/videos as necessary. Only con for U.S./Europe based PS-ers is she's in Shenzhen so shipping and returns could be a hassle.

Yes, I thought it was fantastic when the China Jeweller said I could return for a full refund. Thankfully, I don't need to. But I doubt I would have been able to return.

Last edited:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I thought it was fantastic when the China Jeweller said I could return for a full refund. Thankfully, I don't need to. But I doubt I would have been able to return.

So you have bought from the vendor?

Did you pay with rmb or with your local currency via CC?

Hope you don’t mind my questions, haven’t read many posts about shopping from a China based vendor on PS.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Hope you don’t mind my questions, haven’t read many posts about shopping from a China based vendor on PS.

I did not buy from EKA. I bought from another jeweller in China

I paid with RMB. Here we can use Union Pay via Transferwise.

There is another vendor who accepts HKD or Singapore Dollars. You can ask the jeweller what they prefer if you cannot pay by Union Pay.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock

I pay in RMBand transfer via WeChat/AliPay since I'm China-based.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@DauphineMucha I tried to ask EKA some questions about a ring I saw her post on insta a while back. Her responsiveness (at least on that platform) was hit and miss: sometimes she would
respond quickly, sometimes not at all. She may have been busy, or a language barrier or whatever but I ended up deciding not to pursue further just because I found it tough to get her to engage with me.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@DauphineMucha I tried to ask EKA some questions about a ring I saw her post on insta a while back. Her responsiveness (at least on that platform) was hit and miss: sometimes she would
respond quickly, sometimes not at all. She may have been busy, or a language barrier or whatever but I ended up deciding not to pursue further just because I found it tough to get her to engage with me.

For China-based sellers, best to use WeChat. They also post a lot more pics there-- EKA usually posts 4-6 times a day there

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Are you buying @ChaiK? That spinel looks amazing :love: Pls buy so we can all drool over it virtually

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted his ID to oogle over what he has on offer. Maybe if good price, I will stop and buy. If not, I have a lot of setting still to do for my other stuff. Also, I am not very in the habit of posting stuff. Lazy to take pics and all.

I think list prices and industry prices etc, I have learnt a very good lesson there and will only buy if the price is how I think it should be after looking around and calculating setting costs etc.

Last edited:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted his ID to oogle over what he has on offer. Maybe if good price, I will stop and buy. If not, I have a lot of setting still to do for my other stuff.

If you're ever in Shanghai, he also has a shop where you can look at all the pretties! :)

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I know I Absolutely hate that. Would love to know the color and table size. Among other things

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Guess different demographic uses different platform.

Since reading this thread, I’ve been checking listings on TaoBao. Lots of eye candies for sure but most of them don’t come with certs or even bother to list mm & carat weight! :eek2:

Also came across a site called giabbs, basically a Chinese hybrid of PS + Etsy...

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Guess different demographic uses different platform.

Since reading this thread, I’ve been checking listings on TaoBao. Lots of eye candies for sure but most of them don’t come with certs or even bother to list mm & carat weight! :eek2:

Also came across a site called giabbs, basically a Chinese hybrid of PS + Etsy...

I only use Taobao to find vendors on WeChat mostly. It's a tactic that yields duds 85% of the time, but I've found some really good vendors as well. Same w/Instagram. I think nowadays, social media in general is where it's at and especially in China.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results