shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow yeah. I can’t access the description on TRR. Did they describe it with the same specs?

This is the summary
  • 600 Platinum
  • Rhodium-Plated Finish
  • Featuring 0.44 Carat Old European Cut Diamond, 0.47 Carat Old European Cut Diamond, 1.72 Carat Old European Cut Diamond, 0.35 Carats of Single Cut Diamonds & 0.13 Carats of Old European Cut Diamonds
Centre stone:
  • Center Stone: Yes
  • Gemstone: Diamond
  • Carat Weight: 1.72
  • Stone Count: 1
  • Stone Shape: Old European Cut
  • Color Grade: K-L
  • Clarity Grade: VS2-SI1
  • Polish: Very Good
  • Symmetry: Good
  • Fluorescence: Faint
  • Gemstone: Diamond

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Did I see this for sale on Instagram with a big seller this week? Maybe it’s not the same one but it looks like it!

Good catch! I couldn’t remember why it looked familiar now I know!! It’s definitely the same ring

Snowbebe

Rough_Rock
Feeling a little perplexed. She is already quite reasonable in her prices comparing to some other big IG sellers people recommend on PS. I guess the margin is large.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Feeling a little perplexed. She is already quite reasonable in her prices comparing to some other big IG sellers people recommend on PS. I guess the margin is large.

We all know that flippers exist and have a valid business model. I guess it just puts a bad taste in our mouths sometimes when a flipper snaps up a great deal from this community and then tries to market it back at a higher price. I mean, granted, I’m sure it’s a small slice of that shop’s audience but don’t treat me like I’m stupid for not snapping up this amazing deal at $9k when I saw it “on hold” (by them) at TRR at 6k.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it just puts a bad taste in our mouths sometimes when a flipper snaps up a great deal from this community and then tries to market it back at a higher price.

Is the buyer part of this community? And they're marketing back to this community? Did I miss something?

So many jewelers have no idea about PS. That seller could have just been doing their typical searches, not thinking about PS at all, and bought it to make a profit as they do for all items, it's their business model as you've said. Just because it's been on a thread here and the jeweler is also on instagram with followers from PS doesn't mean that they either found it here or are marketing it to the PS community.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Is the buyer part of this community? And they're marketing back to this community? Did I miss something?

So many jewelers have no idea about PS. That seller could have just been doing their typical searches, not thinking about PS at all, and bought it to make a profit as they do for all items, it's their business model as you've said. Just because it's been on a thread here and the jeweler is also on instagram with followers from PS doesn't mean that they either found it here or are marketing it to the PS community.

I think us diamond lovers are a small pool. Think what you wish, that’s just my interpretation of some of the comments posted earlier.

weemie

Shiny_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock

So many beautiful OECs! I gasped.

Also... https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/an-early-20th-century-diamond-solitaire-ring-249-c-e6247ccb82 - would 100% bid on this if not for:

"clarity assessed as I1 (due to surface damage running from the girdle down a pavilion facet - probably improvable)" - can someone with more diamond expertise comment on what "improvable" would involve? Feels like it would be straight gambling.

I'd assume they mean the damage could potentially be polished out or eliminated/alleviated by a partial recut. Sounds very risky though, as they haven't given enough details about what the damage is (is it a chip, crack, a slice off?) or how big it is, and there isn't a closeup photo showing the flaw (probably difficult to do while the stone is mounted) although I need to take another look at the listing and zoom in. A trade person may be able to judge if it's worth taking a chance with.

ETA: Just had another look at the photos, I can't see anything useful relating to the disclosed damage since they're not hi-res on zoomed in enough. :( Not familiar with Invaluable, can you request more info/pictures from auctioneers there?

Last edited:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Look at the details! Checked the price for you, $695 and size 7 :bigsmile:

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock

Love the milgrain. Looks to be in mint condition.

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock

I’m not sure if I am successfully posting this. It’s on FB marketplace. Here is a screenshot.

Old Cut Diamond Antique Ring ! Center Diamond Appx. 1.25cts -1.50cts. J K SI1. Platinum! Gorgeous Ring ! Excellent Condition. $8500

39F5B8A3-E82D-403D-8948-92375D0EC24F.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure if I am successfully posting this. It’s on FB marketplace. Here is a screenshot.

Old Cut Diamond Antique Ring ! Center Diamond Appx. 1.25cts -1.50cts. J K SI1. Platinum! Gorgeous Ring ! Excellent Condition. $8500

39F5B8A3-E82D-403D-8948-92375D0EC24F.png

That looks way bigger than 1-1.5 ct center.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simsbury CT is like a 40 minute drive from where I live :shock:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are you going for a short drive asap??? and report back???:D:D:D:lol:=)2;)2:appl:

Ahhhhh, enabler! No, not going to tempt fate besides I’m sure in person it’s terrible and ugly and something I would never ever want. :lol:

At least that’s what I’m telling myself!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhh, enabler! No, not going to tempt fate besides I’m sure in person it’s terrible and ugly and something I would never ever want. :lol:

Hahaha that's a great mantra... I will have to practice that while surfing ebay!!

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock
Simsbury CT is like a 40 minute drive from where I live :shock:

It’s probably sold by now anyway. Wish I could see it in person! Seems like a reasonable price.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s probably sold by now anyway. Wish I could see it in person! Seems like a reasonable price.

If you are really interested you could do a Zoom appointment or something.

Then the bargain hunter side of me thinks you might be able to find something comparable and cheaper on EBay with a return policy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty rose gold floral band for those size 6 ladies. How I envy you! :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more……and for those who need a bigger size…..8.5 sapphire eternity here. She is having a 20% off sale so this would come in right around 1K

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
One more……and for those who need a bigger size…..8.5 sapphire eternity here. She is having a 20% off sale so this would come in right around 1K

Lol, you've posted this one before, and I have gone back to look at it so many times. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger. I worry it would be too dark, given how much she lightens some of the images.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, you've posted this one before, and I have gone back to look at it so many times. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger. I worry it would be too dark, given how much she lightens some of the images.

Ah, I was thinking when I was posting that I might have already posted it! I know it’s always a concern with sapphire bands that they will be too dark and since it is on sale, it would be a final sale.

Don’t really get the reasoning behind a sale piece being final when you otherwise accept returns :roll2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results