shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Eternity Band!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan...that is sooooooo pretty! Do you think it could be sized down 1/2 size to 5.5, even it means losing a bit of the flower pattern in one spot???

Hells yes! There is spot in the back that is all metal!

I saw it but I talked myself out of getting it. I'm trying to save up for a larger eternity band. But it was such a great deal! Gr. Anyways excellent find as always, @2Neezers .

:wavey: It was me! Thanks for the heads up. I was up super early for work and impulse bought before I could have my coffee and talk myself out of it.

I'll keep PSers in mind and list it in pre-loved if it doesn't work out.

Congrats on a great buy!

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
:wavey: It was me! Thanks for the heads up. I was up super early for work and impulse bought before I could have my coffee and talk myself out of it.

Good for you! It looks like a beautiful ring and a bargain. Can't wait to see your own pics. I wonder is the pink stone a sapphire or a diamond?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yay!! I hope it works out for you! I wonder what the pink stone is too. The description says they are all diamonds, so I’m hoping it’s a pink diamond. That would be very special!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I wonder is the pink stone a sapphire or a diamond?

I wonder what the pink stone is too. The description says they are all diamonds, so I’m hoping it’s a pink diamond. That would be very special!

I assumed it was a sapphire based on the vivid color but it would be an added bonus if it were a pink diamond!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.rubylane.com/item/518197-RGA17726GA/Vintage-French-Retro-3-8ctw A mere $16,225 would bring this vintage platinum stunner home, with a combo of transitional and MRB's in it... :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout:

screen_shot_2013-09-01_at_11.png

screen_shot_2013-09-01_at_0.png

Can anyone tell me what type of setting this is? (I Googled 'vintage french retro' but no success).

I'd love to know the setting type and if anyone wanted to hazard a guess at stones sizes or height off the finger (even better, if you have a similar ring with photos and finger size... pretty please). This might be my holy grail ring and I'm trying to figure out whether the style can be recreated in a size 4.5 / I1/5 with preferably super ideal rounds.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone tell me what type of setting this is? (I Googled 'vintage french retro' but no success).

I'd love to know the setting type and if anyone wanted to hazard a guess at stones sizes or height off the finger (even better, if you have a similar ring with photos and finger size... pretty please). This might be my holy grail ring and I'm trying to figure out whether the style can be recreated in a size 4.5 / I1/5 with preferably super ideal rounds.

Bead set in a channel?

I think I’ve seen a D.Atlas report call a ring similar to this just “bead set” with no mention of the rails.
I think I also remember someone else call it something with a ‘built in spacer’ sticks in my mind.

can’t help with the other questions -
it is a beautiful look!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Bead set in a channel?

I think I’ve seen a D.Atlas report call a ring similar to this just “bead set” with no mention of the rails.
I think I also remember someone else call it something with a ‘built in spacer’ sticks in my mind.

can’t help with the other questions -
it is a beautiful look!

Thanks! I've been googling bead set but nothing quite as gorgeous as this coming up. I'm wondering if it's also a lighting issue,but so far this is the closest to a 'band of diamonds' I've seen. I'll try images for 'built in spacer'.

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock

mission_frisson

has the ring made it's way to you? I'm dying to see a pic and find out if you are happy with it

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock

mission_frisson

has the ring made it's way to you? I'm dying to see a pic and find out if you are happy with it

Thanks for the reminder. I love the ring but it had me questioning my sanity for a bit... the pink stone is not there! I'm laughing about it now but when I got the ring I could have sworn I saw a pink stone and then it disappeared. I thought it might be faint so I tried looking for it in different lighting and zooming in on my phone since I don't have a loupe. After all that I can definitively say there is no pink stone and my mind must have been playing tricks on me. :lol:

Which got my me spinning.... what's the likelihood that the Real Real had 2 VC eternities of the same type and size and they mistakenly sent me the wrong one? I tried searching their sold and available eternity bands and came across this one:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.58.55 AM.png

It also has a pink mark but if you look at the zoomed pictures you can see the pink covers more than a single stone. So either they mark the rings or the pictures for some reason and sometimes forget to remove the mark. :doh:

Either way, I'm quite pleased with the size and the craftsmanship. It's a beautiful piece and pairs nicely with my latest project and I'm hoping will go well with another ring I'm getting this month. I can upload pictures soon but had to share my story first in case other people are shopping the Real Real.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so strange @mission_frisson ! I have purchased several pieces from The RealReal and they are always very dirty and in need of any overnight soak. I wonder if it was just a little bit of something like lipstick that came off when you cleaned it. It amazes me that people don’t clean their jewelry when then wear it, but you would think they would at least give it a quick scrub before sending it in for consignment. I’m so happy to hear you’re pleased with it, even though there is no pink stone!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
That is so strange @mission_frisson ! I have purchased several pieces from The RealReal and they are always very dirty and in need of any overnight soak. I wonder if it was just a little bit of something like lipstick that came off when you cleaned it. It amazes me that people don’t clean their jewelry when then wear it, but you would think they would at least give it a quick scrub before sending it in for consignment. I’m so happy to hear you’re pleased with it, even though there is no pink stone!

That could be the case because I also got a Juli cleaning system delivered the same day and I was excited to try it out. (I am impressed with the Juli, btw. I don't have an ultrasonic to compare but it's easier than my Dawn soap + warm water + toothbrush process.)

Last edited:
I also bought something from TRR years ago but returned it because it looked so dull (it was a sapphire band). Now I'm thinking maybe I should have taken it to the jeweler for a polish first.

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
I did. Sorry if I was unclear but I noticed another band on their site with a curious pink mark. The whole thing is bizarre...
Gee my fault that I didn't read your entire post!

That is so very odd because the Canera band pic definitely looks like it has a pink stone. All that matters is you are happy with it (although I will admit to being a little envious that you got it before me - LOL)

Gee my fault that I didn't read your entire post!

That is so very odd because the Canera band pic definitely looks like it has a pink stone. All that matters is you are happy with it (although I will admit to being a little envious that you got it before me - LOL)

It if makes you feel any better, I'm notorious for skimming through posts then commenting on things that were totally old news. It happens to all of us :D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reminder. I love the ring but it had me questioning my sanity for a bit... the pink stone is not there! I'm laughing about it now but when I got the ring I could have sworn I saw a pink stone and then it disappeared. I thought it might be faint so I tried looking for it in different lighting and zooming in on my phone since I don't have a loupe. After all that I can definitively say there is no pink stone and my mind must have been playing tricks on me. :lol:

Which got my me spinning.... what's the likelihood that the Real Real had 2 VC eternities of the same type and size and they mistakenly sent me the wrong one? I tried searching their sold and available eternity bands and came across this one:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.58.55 AM.png

It also has a pink mark but if you look at the zoomed pictures you can see the pink covers more than a single stone. So either they mark the rings or the pictures for some reason and sometimes forget to remove the mark. :doh:

Either way, I'm quite pleased with the size and the craftsmanship. It's a beautiful piece and pairs nicely with my latest project and I'm hoping will go well with another ring I'm getting this month. I can upload pictures soon but had to share my story first in case other people are shopping the Real Real.

I took a second look at the pics of your ring, and it does look almost like marker. Im glad you like the ring, it was a killer deal!!
But, now i cant stop thinking about having a custom diamond band made with one pink diamond!! :shifty:

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
Pictures as promised:
IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0219.jpg

+ how I'm wearing it these days:

IMG_0220.jpg
All that matters is you are happy with it (although I will admit to being a little envious that you got it before me - LOL)

Hopefully there will be another like it for you to get. I feel lucky to have nabbed it when I did.

But, now i cant stop thinking about having a custom diamond band made with one pink diamond!! :shifty:

Thanks! A pink diamond would be great and you should totally do it! This thread made me want something I didn't think I needed so I'm happy to pass that encouragement forward! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results