shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Eternity Band!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1372348249|3473201 said:
I think it could make an amazing pair of earrings - slice it in half, add posts, boom! Best hoop earrings in the world.

Very interesting idea! I wonder what the jeweler would charge?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Groucho|1372702935|3475463 said:
Two Van Craeynest rings on eBay --- both are size 6:

Van Craeynest Design Engraved Stacking Band with Diamond Accents:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281129700532?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_39wt_1170

Van Craeynest Engraved Stacking Band with Tulip Design:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Craeyne...S_Fine_Rings&hash=item4174a2d5d3#ht_39wt_1170

Ah, if only I wore a smaller size...

Ohh those are lovely! We usually don't post auctions here though (it drives the price up for those PSers who do the ebay legwork and then want to watch and bid themselves).

These bands would be great RHR stackers for me... but alas, I'm on a buying freeze. I hope a PSer wins these!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GemFever|1372703943|3475477 said:
Groucho|1372702935|3475463 said:
Two Van Craeynest rings on eBay --- both are size 6:

Van Craeynest Design Engraved Stacking Band with Diamond Accents:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281129700532?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_39wt_1170

Van Craeynest Engraved Stacking Band with Tulip Design:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Craeyne...S_Fine_Rings&hash=item4174a2d5d3#ht_39wt_1170

Ah, if only I wore a smaller size...

Ohh those are lovely! We usually don't post auctions here though (it drives the price up for those PSers who do the ebay legwork and then want to watch and bid themselves).

These bands would be great RHR stackers for me... but alas, I'm on a buying freeze. I hope a PSer wins these!

Thanks for the reminder about not posting auctions GemFever. These two bands were posted yesterday (by the same seller) as a Buy It Now for $1500 and before I could click "Commit to Buy", the listing was gone. I contacted the seller, to tell her if the sale fell through, please let me know. She must have had several people (all PSers probably) contact her about them, because they are now back up for sale as an auction with the starting price at what had been the BIN price. I'm interested, but hate the thought of getting into a bidding war with another PSer.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire|1372704425|3475483 said:
Thanks for the reminder about not posting auctions GemFever. These two bands were posted yesterday (by the same seller) as a Buy It Now for $1500 and before I could click "Commit to Buy", the listing was gone. I contacted the seller, to tell her if the sale fell through, please let me know. She must have had several people (all PSers probably) contact her about them, because they are now back up for sale as an auction with the starting price at what had been the BIN price. I'm interested, but hate the thought of getting into a bidding war with another PSer.

Aw Yenny, I hope you can get them! While I also dislike the idea of bidding against another PSer... it's bound to happen one day, whether you know it's happening or not. We have pretty specific tastes here, and many of us are on the hunt for rare and unique items. I hope you can bid and win! I personally won't be bidding on these because of my buying freeze (and they wouldn't fit my left hand) ;))

Groucho

Rough_Rock
A million pardons for posting the eBay auction. For some reason, I thought they were a "Buy It Now." My bad...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Groucho|1372705500|3475492 said:
A million pardons for posting the eBay auction. For some reason, I thought they were a "Buy It Now." My bad...
No worries Groucho. I was having a hard time swallowing a starting bid that was the same as yesterday's BIN price anyway...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1372855308|3476517 said:
I keep coming across some really neat rings in my quest for a wide diamond band (or some sort of band...I honestly can't figure out what I want!) This one is really unique....I can't decide if I love it or hate it, lol! For the right person, I think it's an awesome ring! 18K, $1299, size 6.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121115777038?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

OMG! I die. RHR!!! Someone please buy this! It's not my size... ::)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1372855308|3476517 said:
I keep coming across some really neat rings in my quest for a wide diamond band (or some sort of band...I honestly can't figure out what I want!) This one is really unique....I can't decide if I love it or hate it, lol! For the right person, I think it's an awesome ring! 18K, $1299, size 6.

yennyfire-

I attempted to post a reply to you asking if you were still looking for a ring and suggesting Buccellati, but it got lost in cyberspace. The ring you posted above ring reminded me of Buccellati, but isn't nearly as nice looking. Have you looked at the wide, gold Buccellati bands? I found the I posted below pictured on Google Images which said it was for sale pre-owned on eBay. I don't know if that means now or years ago. One can always find many Buccellati rings at Oakgem or Betteridge.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

buccellatiband1.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Deb! :wavey: Thanks for thinking of me! I LOVE the Buccellati bands and actually got to see a couple in person with Mom2boys at our GTG, but the one I love is at least $11,500 (on eBay and not the right size or metal). To get one from a dealer in my size and with rosé gold as the accent metal, I'd be paying closer to $14k. I don't have that kind of a budget.... :blackeye:

It is definitely on my wish list/win the lottery list though!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1375024964|3491847 said:
Hi Deb! Thanks for thinking of me! I LOVE the Buccellati bands and actually got to see a couple in person with Mom2boys at our GTG, but the one I love is at least $11,500 (on eBay and not the right size or metal). To get one from a dealer in my size and with rosé gold as the accent metal, I'd be paying closer to $14k. I don't have that kind of a budget.... :blackeye:

In my original posting I suggested that if you were interested in pristine estate pieces, that you keep an eye on Betteridge and Oakgems. I have seen the Buccellati rings inside the showcase at the Betteridge store in Greenwich, Connecticut and I cannot tell which are new and which are estate from looking! They have a number of them for sale, although a custom order would, of course, be costlier! What size are you?

Deb

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1375033926|3491912 said:
yennyfire|1375024964|3491847 said:
Hi Deb! Thanks for thinking of me! I LOVE the Buccellati bands and actually got to see a couple in person with Mom2boys at our GTG, but the one I love is at least $11,500 (on eBay and not the right size or metal). To get one from a dealer in my size and with rosé gold as the accent metal, I'd be paying closer to $14k. I don't have that kind of a budget.... :blackeye:

In my original posting I suggested that if you were interested in pristine estate pieces, that you keep an eye on Betteridge and Oakgems. I have seen the Buccellati rings inside the showcase at the Betteridge store in Greenwich, Connecticut and I cannot tell which are new and which are estate from looking! They have a number of them for sale, although a custom order would, of course, be costlier! What size are you?

Deb

Assuming that I get a wider band, (between 8-10mm), I probably need a 6.5. However, I think a Buccellati ring (at least the two I love, with the accent metal in rose gold) are just way out of my budget, which is about $5K....

buccellati_ramage.jpg

buccellati-rose-cut-diamond-gold-band-ring-openwork.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1375034645|3491922 said:
Assuming that I get a wider band, (between 8-10mm), I probably need a 6.5. However, I think a Buccellati ring (at least the two I love, with the accent metal in rose gold) are just way out of my budget, which is about $5K....

I just saw a size 6.5 somewhere...but I have been everywhere and I cannot recall where I saw it at the moment. Have you seen this page? No rose gold, but a heck of a lot of rings from which to choose! I will keep looking.

Buccellati available on First Dibs now...http://www.1stdibs.com/search/?q=buccellati+rings

Deb

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Deb! I have been keeping an eye on 1st Dibs, but the one I like is $8,900 which (while better than the $11,500 I saw it for) is still over budget. :nono:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1375166877|3492954 said:
I'd really like to have this ring, but I know I wouldn't actually wear it and that it's not quite what I want (or can afford!) so I'm sharing it here. It's platinum with MBRs, over 4cts, and size 6.5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro-Platinum-Eternity-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-/181186242559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2f8aa7ff

It's not my style, either, in that the diamonds are channel set. However, they are a great size. They appear to be 25 points each (if my arithmetic is correct) and that is the size I just chose for diamond hoop earrings! Of course I would love it! What are MBRs?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1375195812|3493064 said:
Rhea|1375166877|3492954 said:
I'd really like to have this ring, but I know I wouldn't actually wear it and that it's not quite what I want (or can afford!) so I'm sharing it here. It's platinum with MBRs, over 4cts, and size 6.5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro-Platinum-Eternity-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-/181186242559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2f8aa7ff

It's not my style, either, in that the diamonds are channel set. However, they are a great size. They appear to be 25 points each (if my arithmetic is correct) and that is the size I just chose for diamond hoop earrings! Of course I would love it! What are MBRs?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

I think Rhea meant MRB? Modern round brilliant. That's a gorgeous ring! I'm glad it's not my size lol.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug - that's the one! MRB. My left fingers just didn't move in the correct order. If it were OECs I'd be selling everything I could get my hands on and begging to buy it. It's a lovely ring, just not me though! I'm sure it'll find a loving and caring home.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1375200119|3493111 said:
Junebug - that's the one! MRB. My left fingers just didn't move in the correct order. If it were OECs I'd be selling everything I could get my hands on and begging to buy it. It's a lovely ring, just not me though! I'm sure it'll find a loving and caring home.

Don't worry about the order of the letters; if you had typed, "MRB" it would have meant nothing to me, either. I had no idea that there was such a thing! I only know, "round brilliants". I guess that now that Old Mine Cuts and Old European Cuts have become so fashionable, people have actually started to call regular round brilliants, Modern Round Brilliants? It seems totally bizarre to me.

AGBF
:read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results