shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my antique pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe that during Victorian times (possibly earlier but not sure), snakes represented the marital bond.

Anne

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva, I think it might be a good time to buy Victorian garnets--they seem to be less expensive (on ebay, at least) than they were a year ago. Probably because of the awful economy. But you have to be very, very careful if you want the genuine antique ones--which I think are they only ones worth looking at, because they''re so much more deliciously red than modern ones. I''ve recently seen lots of convincing reproductions that could easily fool people. Jodie, no, I''m not a goth, I just love Victorian & Georgian jewelry. I''m fond of deco too.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The snake represented the marital bond and it also represented things ment to be eternal or everlasting.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Queen Victoria made the snake motif popular in jewelry and either her engagement or her wedding ring was a snake motif...many women( and men''s rings) followed the fashion for years afterward...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you have some very beautiful and interesting pieces!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As always, amazing. Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What beautiful pieces you have. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Linda

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing collection! You have some gorgeous things- that hair ornament is sweeeet! You are such a bad influence; I would adore some hair jewelry but I have so much STUFF it would just be silly.

Is there any possible chance you might let me use your pics of your fabulous collection of hair jewelry? I recently wrote an article for publication on mourning jewelry... when I (finally) get around to putting it on our website too, I could use some better pics. For some reason we haven''t been seeing much mourning or hair jewelry recently, and yours is so much better than the few pieces I could dig up. I would be more than happy to credit you for the pics/collection; you can contact me with the name you want to be credit with (supposing you''re up for it) off our aforementioned website at myantiquemall (dot) com- the Star Mall email link specifically.

Again, yummy! (And thanks for asking to see her collection jewelerman!)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, Dana, Sharon, Linda. Kitten, I''m going to email you if I can figure out how. I''m a little paranoid about connecting my real identity to my online one, so I''m not sure I want my name connected to the photos, but in principle I don''t mind your using them--maybe without my name? Maybe with a pseudonym? We can discuss it.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Got your email & replied, thanks so much
1.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hey!Not so fast people!I for one want to read this article on mourning jewelry by LGK...Please post for our approval!Thank you very much!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 2:12:08 AM
Author: jewelerman
Hey!Not so fast people!I for one want to read this article on mourning jewelry by LGK...Please post for our approval!Thank you very much!
Haha, oh lord it is WAY long... ok. I''m gonna post the article on a new thread because it''s long and I feel like I ought not to clutter up glitterata''s thread anymore.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results