shape
carat
color
clarity

Some Ideas When Wearing Ropes

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They shift, they can choke you, they don't lay right. How do you fix this? I am listing some of my ideas and hope others will share theirs as well. I am using two long ropes as my models. One rope of multicolored potato pearls and the other a rope of blue and white baroque Akoyas. The Akoyas are a continuous rope that does not open, the potato pearls have a small lobster clasp.

First up- potato pearls using a hinged pendant enhancer. You can buy them with or without the piece that allows you to attach a pendant.

IMG_8587.jpg

Choose your length and fit the enhancer between pearls.

IMG_8585.jpg

Viola!

IMG_8586.jpg

The Akoya strand is one long rope in which I attached an S clasp using french wire and a small jump ring. I place the jump ring at the length I like the wear the strand but I can change the length because you cannot really see the ring when the strand is worn.

IMG_8598.jpg

Doubled: If I choose a different length I ignore the jump ring and place the S hook between pearls.

IMG_8593.jpg

Worn as a rope, the S clasp can be used to attach a pendant like this SS pendant.

IMG_8596.jpg

Attaching two separate length strands with S hooks this way keeps the necklaces from shifting. The biggest pearls remain in the front.

IMG_8601.jpg

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great options, @Lisa Loves Shiny! Thanks for sharing the visuals.

I use a little "safety pin"-style thing-a-mee to keep long or multiple strands in place. One is sterling and more like an enhancer, the other is gold with the sweetest little pearls on it:

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

That pearl pin is adorable! I like your smooth enhancer- which is a great option. I have one somewhere. Spring cleaning my drawers right now and hope to find it.

On a side note- look at how stinking cute that pink Tahitian pearl is next to your pearl pin. I adore that color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results