shape
carat
color
clarity

Some fancy colored diamonds and looking for ring inspiration

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone, I have been collecting some fancy colored diamonds spontaneously and I thought I'll share for fun and also post for ideas. Initially, I started with just 2 diamonds - a pear and a cushion - and the original idea was to do a petite two-stone halo bypass ring or petite sort of Chaumet Joséphine. But in the end, I decided to expand the collection and increase design possibilities.

So, here are the stones in two different layouts. I'm not good with gemstone photography, so I had to edit to make the stones' color look as close to real life as possible. As such, the background is compromised and tinted. These are very small diamonds - just about 3mm+ at its longest.
- the middle stone is a fancy pink-purple cushion (0.22)
- the sides are fancy grey-blue pears (both 0.09) & fancy pink melee (0.02)

img_5008_1.jpg
img_5013_0.jpg

Please feel free to drop comments or tag photos regarding designs too. I'm happy to have general ideas or details (such as the metal color, positioning of the stones, reorientation of stone from horizontal to vertical, adding halo, whether this combination of stones work together or not, milgrain, prongs or bezel or not etc.)

Thank you for looking! :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Some fancy colored diamonds and looking for ring inspira

They're gorgeous! I'd have the cushion in the centre, flanked by the two rounds, with the pears pointed up and down the finger (if that make sense)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stones :love: :love: :love:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Pearaffair for the ideas! Do you mean to turn it into a long-ish sort of ring with the blue stones set above and below the purple cushion? That sounds like a possibility and could help to increase finger coverage!

Thanks Acinom! I love all your entire colored stones collection! Please post more... I always look at your posts :)

Generally, my design preferences are: to have sufficient finger coverage and to make the stones look as saturated as possible. And especially if I could bring out more blue in the grey-blue pears.

Another design I was thinking about was to have white diamond halos individually around all the stones for a 5-stone band. I'm pretty new to all this and can't quite envision if the halos would actually enhance or distract the eye from the colour of the diamonds because they are so small.
And would it be structurally possible to set very tiny fancy pink diamonds with a halo? If yes, might it be okay or would it look too busy-looking with a lot of prongs and metal showing? If any Pricesccoper has something similar ie multiple smaller stones set with thin halos, I would love to see it! All other designs welcome too for small stones and thanks in advance!

Meanwhile, I found a few older photos of the cushion and one of the pears:
20150417_182042_3_.jpg
20150417_181200_3_.jpg
By the window with some sunlight.
20150417_181411_3_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results