shape
carat
color
clarity

Some clarity to Supply, Demand, Consumer Buying......

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Retail sales - they dropped a lot, but not as much as supply of polished diamonds and I expect also ring making has dropped off too. For example one of my Indian jewellery manufacturers that I have dealt happily with for 25 years manufacturers for one of PScopers top end favorite engagement and diamond ring manufacturers. They have been on and off with Covid and prodduction has dropped to about 25%.

I don't know about anyone else but I would sure like to know which "top end favorite engagement ring manufacturers" are actually making things in India.

I don't know about anyone else but I would sure like to know which "top end favorite engagement ring manufacturers" are actually making things in India.

I don’t know about this in particular, but the level of craftsmanship that you can get in India is honestly mindblowing, especially at the price. There are cheap mass manufacturing factories all over the place ofc, but some of the stuff has spectacular finishing, especially a bench that works primarily with handforging - so it’s not a ding on quality per se. It probably does involve a much higher markup than if you just got it done in India however. And if Garry was referring to cutting/polishing diamonds in his comment - I think I remember reading something like 92% of the world’s diamonds are cut and polished in India.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know about this in particular, but the level of craftsmanship that you can get in India is honestly mindblowing, especially at the price. There are cheap mass manufacturing factories all over the place ofc, but some of the stuff has spectacular finishing, especially a bench that works primarily with handforging - so it’s not a ding on quality per se. It probably does involve a much higher markup than if you just got it done in India however. And if Garry was referring to cutting/polishing diamonds in his comment - I think I remember reading something like 92% of the world’s diamonds are cut and polished in India.

It sounded like he was referring to jewelry manufacturers - in my particular case, I have a personal objection to places that selectively omit that their "master craftsmen" are located in a third-world country with exceptionally low labor cost rates. Regardless of the talent of the workers, employment practices in India are not consistent with the values I personally would like to apply when purchasing a high $ luxury item, so I would like to know who in the "top end" is doing this.

J_502

Rough_Rock

Ditto

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This company also manufactures jewellery for an exclusive French brand (national - not international). Some of the most amazing quirky jewels I have ever seen.
They are a small operation - about 1/10th the size of many Indian manufacturing companies.
They employed an Italian designer who visit their clients around the world. They do not polish diamonds.

Afraid I am with Ghandi on divulging who their clients are.
BTW someone found and auctioned those glasses for a truck load of money last week!

1597360835985.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results