shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire: what design do you have?

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Upgradable, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Kaleigh
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Kaleigh » Oct 16, 2006
    Ok that is just beyond fabulous!!!! Drooling here!!![​IMG][​IMG]

2. Tacori E-ring
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Tacori E-ring » Oct 16, 2006
    Oh MrsS. If I ever got a solitare that would be my top pick! It is perfect!

3. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Oct 16, 2006
    actually that setting minus the donut would be like the ritani visually, BUT with 6 prongs. part of what holds me back from 10000% giving myself to the ritani is that it's only 4 prong and i am a total 6 prong lover...which is why i like the idea of the vatche RC too.

ideas ideas!!! too bad that greg is saying that he doesn't ever want me to change my setting. well....baby steps. [​IMG]

4. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah, if I had seen this setting a month ago, I'd probably have it by now. I like the open cathedral which allows the basket to show fully while the Ritani I was looking at just had high shoulders. I do like this one better. Not sure whether that doughnut would cause problems against a band or not, though. I really want to see a top view!

Mrss, if you do call, can you ask the mm width of the band, please? Also, do you know if the rings are cast, die-struck, or whatever?

5. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Oct 17, 2006
    I will DS. They told me the rings are cast with handmade stuff done where/if necessary. The company is located in NY so Jonathan at GOG is going to check into them further for me too.

6. KristyDarling
    Ideal_Rock

by KristyDarling » Oct 17, 2006
    MrsS -- that is a beautiful solitaire!!! I''m not usually a fan of cathedrals but they work on that one perfectly. A graceful, curvy, and subtle swoop towards the head...delicious. [​IMG] And the scalloped sides of that head are just divine. Very very nice! [​IMG]

(btw, MrsS, what kind of 3-stone are you considering? Inquiring minds wanna know, hehe.)

7. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Oct 18, 2006
    kristy,

they make a 3 stone similar to the Tiffany version that I was inspecting very closely[​IMG]. I did find out that they will also do modifications to their settings like thinner/wider shanks, lower the heads etc.

8. Carlotta
    Shiny_Rock

by Carlotta » Oct 18, 2006
    Beautiful, Mrs. S.....please post what you find out about this...

Do you remember the interesting setting by Israel Levy (Levi?)??
    Wink used to carry it, ubt I can''t find it there, and can''t find their website any more (perhaps because I don''t have the right spelling!!)

9. Carlotta
    Shiny_Rock

by Carlotta » Oct 18, 2006
    AHA!! had a copy saved in my "file!!"

Copy of 2il.jpg

10. njc
    Brilliant_Rock

by njc » Nov 10, 2006
    A fun little twist on the solitaire... Tacori Scrolling Heart with hand engraving. I love the way the band narrows at the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to take some new pics...