shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire: what design do you have?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LOVE LOVE LOVE all these solitaires!!!! i really love the vatche rc...yummalicious!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, Butterfly, you had a nice collection of solitaire settings! I''d like to see more of that Mark Morrell black pearl setting. Where did you find that? I like the Leon setting, too. It just seems funny to have him do a non-pave ring.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this Stuller Solstice 4-prong
Just picture this in white gold. Mine is 18k yellow w/plat head

dbsolstice4prn007242006.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my favorite Mark Morrell setting..the ring belongs to kberly

frontering100.jpg

kimeringside.jpg

kimeringfave1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 1:00:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here''s my favorite Mark Morrell setting..the ring belongs to kberly

frontering100.jpg

kimeringside.jpg

kimeringfave1.jpg
oh that one is a classic for sure mrs s! i actually don''t absolutely love the mwm starburst, i like this one better as a classic solitaire from him.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
same here... I like the cathedral style -- how they swoop up on the sides (the shank/shoulder?). That''s one thing I get torn about with other solitaire styles. MM also has the nicest platinum polishes -- I wish other vendors would do similar work as well when it comes to that platinum sheen.

DL

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have a platinum cathedal setting that I love!

cathedralBN1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous princess Feb2003bride! That setting is perfect for it!

I also love Kberly''s MM and think I''d also prefer it over the Sunburst. I think I''d get him to make it in a 2.5mm width for me, though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 3:34:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I also love Kberly''s MM and think I''d also prefer it over the Sunburst. I think I''d get him to make it in a 2.5mm width for me, though.

i was thinking the same thing DS. 3mm would be a touch too wide for our stones I think
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2006 3:44:27 PM

Date: 7/23/2006 3:34:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

i was thinking the same thing DS. 3mm would be a touch too wide for our stones I think
3.gif
The Vatche setting Mrs Darling Joy is getting is a thinner Cartier looking ring similar in style to this one.

Vatche1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo DS. I really like that one A lot. can''t wait for MDJ to get her ring and post some pictures..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2006 7:46:02 PM
ooo DS. I really like that one A lot. can''t wait for MDJ to get her ring and post some pictures..
Same here. I am hoping it will help me decide. I think the above setting would look great with a shared prong wedding band, but I don''t think it would look so great with my milgrain engraved eternity band. I''m thinking that maybe the tiffany knife edge might be better. But it''s so hard to know without trying them on. I am going to try to get to a Vatche dealer this week.

kasumaki

Rough_Rock
newbie here........posted this on another thread, but i''ll re-post here since it relates to my solitaire. i''m contemplating re-setting my solitaire...any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

my fiancée got me an e-ring set in a "tiffany" 6 prong solitaire setting (1.14ct, G, SI2, sz 3.75). i love the setting by itself and love how the diamond really stands out. i know he put a lot of effort into the decision of what to buy (setting and stone) and i totally adore him for it! i''m a little torn contemplating re-setting the ring, but think i should. here''s a sample picture of what my setting looks like now (from bluenile''s site):
http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=2&page=1&col=2&row=1&pos=2&set_shape=

i saw pics on Tiffany''s website of their 6 prong solitaire with a shared prong eternity band together and i thought they looked really nice together. i thought my 6 prong ring and any low prong setting would fit nice & snug together (yes, i am a total idiot.) here is a sample picture of the settings together on the Tiffany site:
http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/combination_tiffany_ring.aspx?ring=shared&

i proceeded to get a half eternity wedding band custom made --low shared/common prong setting, 7 stone, .10ct each stone, E-F, VS1-VS2, ~3.3mm thick all around-- and of course the two rings don''t sit well together (huge surprise for me -- didn''t realize how common this is). i love the wedding band, but now i''m not so happy with the solitaire setting (when worn together). ideally, i''d like to wear the 2 rings together most of the time, and want something that sits better together. (attached a picture of my rings together, as of right now.)

but what settings would sit better together with my prong wedding band??? would a slightly thicker (2.5mm), flat band (flat on the sides) match better? i saw this on solomon brothers (michael b design) and it has flat edges (side):
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=89178
is there a similar setting without the accent prongs? looks like it would fit better than what i have right now...

i saw a "knife edge" on diamondsafe that looks like it might also fit well with my band and not stray too far from the 6 prong i have right now:
http://www.diamondsafe.com/Engagement-Rings-Settings_11.asp?setID=868
but does this sit higher on my finger than what i already have? (this one is high enough!)

would the # of prongs make a difference on how the 2 rings would fit together (4 vs 6 prong)? i saw a 4 prong similar to my 6 prong on diamondsafe:
http://www.diamondsafe.com/Engagement-Rings-Settings_11.asp?setID=187
but not sure i like it any better than the 6 prong, not to mention there''s the added "risk" associated with 4 prongs.

someone mentioned a "basket" setting by vatche, but my fiancée hates the x prong. i saw their "surprise" setting (solitaire, surprise setting, style #150):
http://www.dvatche.com/eclipse/new_catalouge.htm
is there a similar setting without the "surprise" diamond on the side? but i’m not that fond of how high the sides come up towards the center stone.

i saw a basket-like setting on Solomon Brothers that I really like, but don''t know how well the pave would look or how this would fit with my prong wedding band:
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=78331-1
would such a skinny band look ok next to my 3.3mm thick wedding band with 10pt stones? or is there a similar setting without the pave diamonds – would that work better? the side diamonds (eternity band) looks like a channel setting, which I don’t think would go well with my band. but i do like how it looks like it sits lower (closer to my finger) than my current solitaire and i like how the sides do not come up as far towards the center (compared to the vatche).

i contemplating getting a matching band for my solitaire, but my jeweler did not recommend it because the stones on each ring would rub and i would risk chipping the diamonds (and i don''t want them stuck permanently together, so that i can still wear them separately if i want).

any pictures of what people have paired with a similar prong wedding band or suggestions or comments on what i could do would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
9.gif

both 072406a.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Leon Mege posted earlier is one I have admired. I saved a picture of it next to the wedding band. It looks like they fit well together.

wbandbasket (3).jpg

genette

Shiny_Rock
Kasumaki I think you should start a thread on your post above so others can offer suggestions to you and are able to see it. Just a suggestion so you can get the feedback you''d like
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 1:45:22 AM
Author: fashionsweetie
Kasumaki I think you should start a thread on your post above so others can offer suggestions to you and are able to see it. Just a suggestion so you can get the feedback you''d like
1.gif

she did FS..
here

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 12:21:49 PM
Author: dbgaap
I really love this Stuller Solstice 4-prong
Just picture this in white gold. Mine is 18k yellow w/plat head
That''s what mine is!!! I "have" it in white gold and cannot wait to have it on my finger! I LOVE
30.gif
this setting and the way the diamond sits in it!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Just bumping this gorgeous thread up since I know there are several new solitares here!

CT026

Rough_Rock
Hey there: This is my Vatche X prong in plat. I really love solitaires!

IMGA1016.jpg

IMGA1017.jpg

IMGA1013.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful set ct026...

CT026

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I''m new to the forum so I don''t know how to view other''s rings on profiles
7.gif
. But you have lovely pics!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
classic solitaire and a big honking eternity band...
30.gif

ds...mrs salvo...ms dj...you guys need to get your rings done so we can see some pictures!!!

chop chop!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2006 3:04:48 PM
Author: Mara
classic solitaire and a big honking eternity band...
30.gif

ds...mrs salvo...ms dj...you guys need to get your rings done so we can see some pictures!!!

chop chop!!!
Lol! I''m about to get mine set whether I like it or not! I''m tired of waiting to find the "perfect" one, so it''s getting set just so I can wear it!

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
This is on it''s way to me.. HOPEFULLY SOON!

382275-pearsolstice.jpg

382275-pear1.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My avatar is a side view of my solitaire. I love the smooth lines and flowery prongs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, it was definitely more substantial than the Ritani but not in a bad way. It was maybe 2.5 mm wide and the head was delicate but defined if that makes sense. They also had a three stone I was looking at closly as well
31.gif
. Their settings appeared to be very well made though, no uneven prongs/bars, nicely polished plat. even on the inside and underside of the ring. It was a gorgous solitaire though. They had it with a 1 carat, a 1.5 and a 3 carat and it really looked beautiful in all sizes. Next time I go I''ll see if they will let me take a picture. I''ve tried in there before and they said no, but it never hurts to ask again. I''m working on finding out more info about the company too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes the picture looks just like the ritani except for the donut on the bottom of the head. the ritani does not have that because it''s the flush fit kinda thing. very interesting!! love that side view. what was the cost, do you recall? just curious as to how it compares to ritani. i think that the ritani is about 2.5mm as well, but the side cathedral arms taper up to be 2mm or less so it definitely adds visual impact to the stone.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
In 4 long long weeks I''ll be able to post my Quest custom solitare!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Here is my solitaire - not sure what the style name is.....

DSCN2213.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2006 1:27:55 PM
Author: Mara
yes the picture looks just like the ritani except for the donut on the bottom of the head. the ritani does not have that because it''s the flush fit kinda thing. very interesting!! love that side view. what was the cost, do you recall? just curious as to how it compares to ritani. i think that the ritani is about 2.5mm as well, but the side cathedral arms taper up to be 2mm or less so it definitely adds visual impact to the stone.

Mara, I didn''t ask for a price b/c I was really looking at a 3 stone they have but I''ll call tomorrow and ask. They charge less if you buy the center stone from them so they will probably have the retail price bumped up on the setting by itself but the price of the 3 stone was reasonable IMO for what it is so I''d guess the solitaire to run about the same as the Ritani.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results