shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire to Party of Three!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
After a loooooong search and a couple of detours, I finally got my upgrade/replacement right courtesy of the incredible talent of Caysie van Bebber at CVB Inspired Design.

I lost my original engagement ring about 7yrs ago (1.3ct round w/baguette sides in platinum setting). I decided to go in a different direction with the replacement ring and chose a 2ct cushion stone and designed a setting with Barmakian's in Boston. We did a halo, trapezoid side stones, pretty gallery, and profile. After about a year, I confessed to the Mr. that I thought I made a mistake. I just didn't love the ring as my engagement ring. I didn't love the crushed ice look of the cushion and all of the parts of the setting just blended in - it was sparkly, but there was no contrast - if that makes any sense.

So we traded in the cushion for a 2.3ct round and I threw it in a plain solitaire just to have something to wear while I figured out my next move. I looked at so many ring settings I can't even count. I'm a stickler for the profile. I rejected hundreds of settings because they looked gorgeous from the top but the side view looked like crap - bad design, no design, bad angles, proportions wrong, etc. I was determined not to rush this time. I build Pinterest boards and started collecting photos and I took every opportunity to try on everything I could (What's not fun about that?!). I went down the halo route over and over but just couldn't pull the trigger.

I started playing around with all configurations of side stones. There's something about baguettes and french cut stones that speak to me and I kept coming back to them in various design elements. Last June I took a business trip to NYC and the Mr. decided to join me for the weekend. We trolled through all the iconic jewelry stores and had a wonderful time trying everything on. At Tiffany, we tried on a classic 3-stone with a center diamond about the same size as mine and we both just felt like we were on the right track. We even went back the next day so my husband could take another look. He loved it. I loved it. It just felt right. That started the quest to find some side-kicks for my center diamond and to find the right setting. I was searching for something with an antique vibe and trying to figure out a way to incorporate the baguettes or french cuts. I found an antique setting that was the inspiration for the profile and proportions. Caysie helped me figure out how to add some french cut stones and delicate milgrain detail. She was a pleasure to work with and really helped me to focus my ideas.

As a bonus, I had a loose tanzanite in my stash that fit perfectly in the halo setting I had made for the cushion stone and I fell in love again. I LOVE the halo with a colored stone. I've been sitting on that tanzanite for about 15yrs. It felt meant to be and a huge win/win.

So, here she is: CVB 3-stone in platinum with rectangular and square frenchies in the band. 2.3ct I VS1 center stone, 80 points each on the side stones. My husband surprised me with Caysie's Riviere band for my birthday in March. Yay!

Photo credit for photos 1-3: CVB.

CVB.JPG CVB2.JPG CVB3.JPG CVB4.jpg CVB5.jpg CVB6.jpg KCC1.jpg KCC2.jpg

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That halo setting is beautiful but you are right, it needed a colourful center and your new ring is just gorgeous. But, we need a full on profile shot of the 3 stone! I love the tilt of the sidestones too.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Just gorgeous! Your set is perfect!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza!! Gorgeous rings, @itskcc❤️❤️!! Congrats on such a stunning set!!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a perfect and gorgeous three stone ring! And your new tanzanite delight is no slouch either. You must be very, very happy! Wear it in good health!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. All of it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It's a perfection!!!!!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful classic piece! I want to stare at it!!! I love me a 3 stone and that is perfect!!! What size is your finger? Congrats!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect! You made a great choice.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So perfect! ENJOY!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful. A perfect combination.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That 3 stone is what dreams are made of :kiss2: Any more pic pretty please??

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thud. Incredible! Congratulations on such gorgeous, hand-crafted heirloom pieces!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute knock out. Total win!

Enjoy those beauties!

syd33

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! Really love all of it!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done! Congrats on your new beautiful rings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings. ❤️

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Timeless! Perfect!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful classic piece! I want to stare at it!!! I love me a 3 stone and that is perfect!!! What size is your finger? Congrats!

My ring size is a 6.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous collection! Beautiful 3 stone ring and I love the way the tanzanite looks in your former setting. Stunning!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and there's nothing better than a colored stone that is haloed in my opinion! Congrats.

Q

Queenie60

Love your CVB ring - it's beautiful. Congratulations.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I love how you have frenchies on the side.

May I ask what your ring size is? I’m a bit of a fan of 3 stone rings and it is quite helpful to have sizing references for ‘one day’...

itskcc

Rough_Rock
Love your CVB ring - it's beautiful. Congratulations.

If I'm not mistaken, I see a CVB of your own! I think her work is amazing. So detailed. Your ring is gorgeous!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!! I love how you have frenchies on the side.

May I ask what your ring size is? I’m a bit of a fan of 3 stone rings and it is quite helpful to have sizing references for ‘one day’...

Thank you! I'm a 6 but in the last few years my ring finger knuckle has gotten bigger so I had to get a 6.25

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the proportions of the center diamond to the sides. Timeless and classic. Enjoy!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results