shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire or 3-Stone? Decisions, decisions…. Decided!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

Have you ever desired to reset a ring to a new style, but still be madly in love with your current setting? That was my dilemma after seeing all the stunning 3-stone rings on PS…. After my ring size reduced drastically, I needed to resize my e-ring and thought it was the perfect time to explore resetting it into a 3-stone with DK. That said, I have loved and enjoyed my solitaire (can you say, stacking fiend? :twisted2:) so much I just couldn’t make the leap.

I shared my hesitation with David and Amy, and they came up with the ultimate solution - I can have BOTH!! I could have my solitaire remade and have a separate wrap with two side stones. Worn together, it would appear as a three-stone ring. Invigorated by this, I worked with Amy on a few different 3-stone style options before settling on the final one. I had an essential checklist of features I wanted - a cathedral shank, 6-prong center, fit well when worn together, and look appropriate when worn alone as a solitaire.

For the side stones, I had a 1.26ct pair of Whiteflash ACAs from earrings I rarely wore after getting my 2ctw set. I contemplated trading up for a larger pair, but decided against it. I’m glad I did. The proportions of the three stones were perfect, to my eyes, and larger side stones would have overshadowed my center, in my opinion.

After what felt like forever (but really wasn’t, just the usual waiting angst!), they were ready. It was perfect timing since I was making a trip to DTLA, so I was able to pick up my ring in person. I was *thrilled* when I finally saw it. It was everything I had hoped for - and better! It’s fabulous as a solitaire and ‘clicks’ together easily and seamlessly with the wrap. The two shanks fit so well, it simply appears like an e-ring worn with a matching wedding band. Now, my biggest dilemma is deciding how I want to wear it on any given day… :mrgreen2:

Stats on the ring:
  • 18k rose gold w/ platinum heads
  • Size - 5.75 (this is getting size down to a 4.75/5 as it’s already too loose o_O)
  • Center - 2.88ct I VS2 round brilliant (9.11mm x 9.05mm)
  • Side stones - 1.26ctw J VS2/SI1 ACAs (5.47mm x 5.50mm/5.49mm x 5.51mm)

And onto the pics! First are the glamour shots from DK followed by a bazillion shots (sorry!) of my own. I was lucky enough to acquire a new trinity ring in my new size 49, so that’s serving as my primary wedding band until my sizing settles down.
25208D00-FFE7-4BA2-A2D2-A50D6DC5336A.jpeg 512C2B97-1EBB-461D-924E-7AD05EC52938.jpeg FFBD30B6-9CF4-47B3-B433-A9FB3835B606.jpeg 36C2E9B3-B269-4EDD-A957-EC1545F3F8D5.jpeg DC53FEA3-4BA9-4A5C-B6BB-63C93CF56AD0.jpeg 2357DD96-5667-4DD9-89F5-27D34DFC4775.jpeg FEAB4356-CFBA-40DE-92CC-7E1BE934B2B2.jpeg 38129374-BCF6-4D07-A7AA-36930C53BC5F.jpeg C88E85EC-7609-4A6F-831F-BFDDA3A87A4E.jpeg E0143C7B-487B-45D7-ABB9-E10470072D88.jpeg 4E029034-7F5F-462F-9669-CA46FCE9C68F.jpeg 5B28C0A2-A1F4-4728-82C7-45CCAD3BB311.jpeg

Wow! That’s some finger coverage! Congrats! It’s beautiful.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG yesterday and was blown away!! What a clever design! :appl: I just love it! It sits so well on your finger, the rose gold is also a gorgeous choice. Well done on such a brilliant idea!

It was such a simple solution - I wished I had thought of it sooner! :wall: It certainly would’ve saved me a lot of angst vacillating on which route to go. I’m just grateful Amy proposed it and patiently worked through several versions to make this happen.

What a gorgeous outcome, I love this so much!

Beautiful solution! Love it!!

Absolutely beautiful & they look seamless when worn together!

Stunning ring(s), congratulations!

This is gorgeous!!!! I have always loved a wrap and DK did a beautiful job. Your rings look stunning on you!

Awww, thank you all so much! I’m really over the moon with it and feel blessed to have this new setting.

Wow! I remember you planning this and it came out amazing! I just love it so much and the options you now have!! What a fabulous idea which, I predict, may now be copied quite a bit!!
Enjoy!!!

It’s taken ages… and all due to my indecision. :lol: I definitely hope others who are feeling the same hesitation will consider it as an option. It really is the best of both worlds.

:appl::appl::appl:I saw this and thought MUST BE A PRICESCOPER! Such a class idea, and DK nailed the execution. Love all you looks with it!

Thanks so much…. I also do the same when scrolling on various SM. Love when I’m right and get to see even more amazing pics on the SMTB threads. lol

DK‘s bench is fabulous, imho. As it turns out, they weren’t happy with the first cast after finishing it; the rings weren’t fitting perfect enough, so Amy called to ask if I would be willing to give them another week so they could remake the entire set. Ummm, YES. :lol:

The proportions of the side stones are perfection with the center stone. It’s beautiful!

I saw this on IG too and thought it was gorgeous! So glad it belongs to a PSer. It looks great on you. Wear it (them) in good health and enjoy!

Thank you both! I’m pleased I was able to repurpose my earring pair. It worked out better than I had expected and I really don’t think I could have planned it better if I started from scratch.

THUD:-o

Gorgeous! I love everything about it! And our solitaires are about the same size. If I ever decide to go three stone, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your design :kiss2:

Congrats on your beautiful new set!

Oh yessssssss!! My enabling response is, you should give it some thought - and then just go for it! :twisted2::lol-2: If you do and choose to use DK, Amy has three different and completed CAD options we had worked up - with varying shank and head styles; you could mix/match to your heart’s content.

This is FABULOUS! I have BGD earrings that same size…. Off to save for a 2.88 center!!!

Thank you! Food for thought… the center doesn’t have to be a diamond. I’ve already concocted a half dozen variations of colored stone centers and side wraps I’d love to have made with the same CADs - I’ll be able to mix and match for daysssss! :D

Stunning and elegant solitaire, and fabulous wall-of-diamond three-stone -- impeccably crafted so that each version is complete in and of itself -- beautiful on your hand -- I love the look(s) and the flexibility -- congratulations on this masterpiece!

You’ve got it all! Wonderful that it turned out so seemless looking. Congratulations on getting the best of both worlds.

Holy crap this is amazing! Completely seamless! Stunning! Flawless! Congrats this is incredible!

I so appreciate all your kind compliments! I’m utterly grateful my husband has been completely supportive throughout my recent health journey and this reset project that’s allowed me to own such a magnificent set. I’m a real lucky gal. :appl::appl:

Awesome! Looks great. Do you have a pic of just the wrap? Ever consider wearing the wrap with any other ring?

I haven’t taken any of the wrap alone… yet. lol. DK did post one on his Instagram you can check out in the interim. Given how it’s constructed, I don’t see it fitting any of my other rings atm. I have several unset gemstones close in size so I’m hoping to add more solitaire options soon!

So beautiful…now you have the best of both worlds!

This is fabulous!! The stones look so white, also! Enjoy your new blingy look!

Congratulations your ring(s) are stunning!

I saw this on IG! I was hoping it was someone from PS! You must be so happy! Beautiful ring(s)! ;)2

Wow! That’s some finger coverage! Congrats! It’s beautiful.

Thank you all! I’m completely smitten with the set. Now if my ring size will just settle down, I’ll be on the hunt for new bands to stack! :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new settings and the Trinity ring! So beautiful!!! I like my rings a little on the large size just to allow a little room if ever needed, and I just use a ring snuggie (about 1/4") at the base of my e-ring. You just cut off the length you need. If you are not yet certain how your ring size will stablize, I'd recommend waiting awhile rather than doing multiple resizings.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
This design is so clever. I can’t tell where the three-stone begins, and where the solitaire ends! DK’s IG is a mini-game for me on guessing which jewelry makes their debut here!

And you have beautiful hands! Enjoy, and wishing you continued good health!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this, it's my ideal ring and it's just so beautiful. Congratulations on owning a beautiful design, you wear it well!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are beautiful and I love the flexibility of wearing a solitaire or 3-stone. They turned out perfect. :kiss2::kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic idea and beautiful result! The wrap really does look seamless. Do you find yourself wearing one look more than the other?

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Totally love this!!

melowely

Rough_Rock
Oh I saw this on Instagram while browsing tags! I was curious how that worked, so cool!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So, I swore I already left a comment?! I guess I forgot to hit post.

:love: It's so clever and it's super beautiful too.:love:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
What a brilliant design with a gorgeous result!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love this so much i came back to see it again. enjoy! i wanted to do something similar w/ a wrap. interested to know how much you end up using the wrap vs. going with the solitaire look. =D

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new settings and the Trinity ring! So beautiful!!! I like my rings a little on the large size just to allow a little room if ever needed, and I just use a ring snuggie (about 1/4") at the base of my e-ring. You just cut off the length you need. If you are not yet certain how your ring size will stablize, I'd recommend waiting awhile rather than doing multiple resizings.

Thanks so much! I’m really excited about the trinity. They’re really difficult to find in the xs version and I took a gamble on sizing. So glad it fits like a glove.

And you’re spot on regard the ring snuggies - they’re a life-saver! I went through 2 packages snugging up all my rings this past year. I really appreciate you posting the link; the ones I had purchased only had one type, so this variety will be super useful. :appl:

This design is so clever. I can’t tell where the three-stone begins, and where the solitaire ends! DK’s IG is a mini-game for me on guessing which jewelry makes their debut here!

And you have beautiful hands! Enjoy, and wishing you continued good health!

I love this, it's my ideal ring and it's just so beautiful. Congratulations on owning a beautiful design, you wear it well!

Your rings are beautiful and I love the flexibility of wearing a solitaire or 3-stone. They turned out perfect. :kiss2::kiss2:

Totally love this!!

Oh I saw this on Instagram while browsing tags! I was curious how that worked, so cool!

So, I swore I already left a comment?! I guess I forgot to hit post.

:love: It's so clever and it's super beautiful too.:love:

Thank you all! It’s been a while since I’ve been *this* excited over the outcome of a jewelry project. Going in I had my doubts, but I really don’t think I would change anything - it‘s perfect for me. =)2

What a fantastic idea and beautiful result! The wrap really does look seamless. Do you find yourself wearing one look more than the other?

i love this so much i came back to see it again. enjoy! i wanted to do something similar w/ a wrap. interested to know how much you end up using the wrap vs. going with the solitaire look. =D

Y’all are too kind, thank you! And I’m also curious where I’ll land on which version I wear more often. At first, I couldn’t get enough of the 3-stone, of course. However, I find myself switching back and forth during the day too. I‘m still working from home at the moment, so it’s an easy swap. My hubs has caught me at my jewelry box more than once and asked, “Are you playing with your rings, again?!” Ummm…. yea. :twisted2::lol-2:

itskcc

Rough_Rock
This is genius! Came out beautiful!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely beautiful. It’s so seamless I love it

misscamels

Rough_Rock
Absolute perfection!
(Adding the Trinity is even better! I am 100% biased as I pair your former Trinity with everything now! )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is so beautifully made!! Talk about having the best of both worlds, how great to have these two gorgeous options. This is wonderful!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Such a great way to scratch both itches! Amy and DK did a great job...they fit together seamlessly!

catcav

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

Have you ever desired to reset a ring to a new style, but still be madly in love with your current setting? That was my dilemma after seeing all the stunning 3-stone rings on PS…. After my ring size reduced drastically, I needed to resize my e-ring and thought it was the perfect time to explore resetting it into a 3-stone with DK. That said, I have loved and enjoyed my solitaire (can you say, stacking fiend? :twisted2:) so much I just couldn’t make the leap.

I shared my hesitation with David and Amy, and they came up with the ultimate solution - I can have BOTH!! I could have my solitaire remade and have a separate wrap with two side stones. Worn together, it would appear as a three-stone ring. Invigorated by this, I worked with Amy on a few different 3-stone style options before settling on the final one. I had an essential checklist of features I wanted - a cathedral shank, 6-prong center, fit well when worn together, and look appropriate when worn alone as a solitaire.

For the side stones, I had a 1.26ct pair of Whiteflash ACAs from earrings I rarely wore after getting my 2ctw set. I contemplated trading up for a larger pair, but decided against it. I’m glad I did. The proportions of the three stones were perfect, to my eyes, and larger side stones would have overshadowed my center, in my opinion.

After what felt like forever (but really wasn’t, just the usual waiting angst!), they were ready. It was perfect timing since I was making a trip to DTLA, so I was able to pick up my ring in person. I was *thrilled* when I finally saw it. It was everything I had hoped for - and better! It’s fabulous as a solitaire and ‘clicks’ together easily and seamlessly with the wrap. The two shanks fit so well, it simply appears like an e-ring worn with a matching wedding band. Now, my biggest dilemma is deciding how I want to wear it on any given day… :mrgreen2:

Stats on the ring:
  • Size - 5.75 (this is getting size down to a 4.75/5 as it’s already too loose o_O)

And onto the pics! First are the glamour shots from DK followed by a bazillion shots (sorry!) of my own. I was lucky enough to acquire a new trinity ring in my new size 49, so that’s serving as my primary wedding band until my sizing settles down.
25208D00-FFE7-4BA2-A2D2-A50D6DC5336A.jpeg 512C2B97-1EBB-461D-924E-7AD05EC52938.jpeg FFBD30B6-9CF4-47B3-B433-A9FB3835B606.jpeg 36C2E9B3-B269-4EDD-A957-EC1545F3F8D5.jpeg DC53FEA3-4BA9-4A5C-B6BB-63C93CF56AD0.jpeg 2357DD96-5667-4DD9-89F5-27D34DFC4775.jpeg FEAB4356-CFBA-40DE-92CC-7E1BE934B2B2.jpeg 38129374-BCF6-4D07-A7AA-36930C53BC5F.jpeg C88E85EC-7609-4A6F-831F-BFDDA3A87A4E.jpeg E0143C7B-487B-45D7-ABB9-E10470072D88.jpeg 4E029034-7F5F-462F-9669-CA46FCE9C68F.jpeg 5B28C0A2-A1F4-4728-82C7-45CCAD3BB311.jpeg

What a great idea! I feel the same way. I love a solitaire but sometimes wish I had a three stone setting. Perfect answer.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@itskcc @Missie1 @junebug17 @tyty333 @catcav - Thank you all for your kind words. DK and Amy did such a fabulous job, both with the design and execution! The only downside now are the occasions it takes me *forever* to decide how I‘ll wear it. The indecision continues to runs deep. :lol:

Absolute perfection!
(Adding the Trinity is even better! I am 100% biased as I pair your former Trinity with everything now! )

Thank you! I agree… the trinity is such a classic piece. As much as I miss all my old diamond bands, nothing beats the clean, sophisticated look, imho. So glad to hear you‘re enjoying my former band and finding it so versatile - I think it calls for a thread with *lots* of photos on all the various pairings! =)2

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just hopping on for the first time in a long while to say how much I love your re-set and wrap! In fact, I'm strongly considering asking DK to make a similar wrap for me in a few months. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful and innovative set! It truly is the best, most seamless wrap/3-stone converter I've ever seen!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I skipped to the photos first then got confused when I saw a photo of the soli then photo of the 3 stone. Then I read the post and was like :shock: What a genius idea! I had no idea you can have both. Plus you can make more solies with gemstones and wear the wrap with them too... I mean the possibilities!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling you‘re too kind, thank you! And after having this new set for a few weeks now, I say - Go for it!! I swung by DK‘s today to pick up some items and Amy said she’s had several inquires about the setting; I hope you were one of them. :mrgreen2:

@Babyblue033 it is a fun idea, isn’t it? I already have another one in the works with step-cut traps and am plotting two more with colored sidestones. A set with emeralds and one with rubies since they should look good in rose gold. :kiss2:

And as a general update, for those who were asking which I tend to wear more often, it’s still the solitaire. If I were to judge based on the ratio of photos in my album, I’d say it’s running about 80/20 split. :lol:

I‘m struggling with figuring out the right sizing for the set. Since I’m settling in at my goal weight, I had it taken down to 4.75. It fits the base of my finger perfectly, but found it was wrecking my knuckle whenever I needed to take it off. So, it’s back with DK to size up to a large 5 - hopefully this will be the right fit!

Hope y’all don’t mind me sharing some additional photos- I just picked up a new half eternity that fits and it has the cutest heart motifs on the sides.

95EA6232-C16B-426B-8D5D-F458DA89BE64.jpeg
508EE525-33B5-4546-8510-5A36E87DC98B.jpeg D35CDDB6-0E4A-4D1F-9599-E6F145CDC26E.jpeg FBCA583C-6F71-418D-B790-6B30D1151C8D.jpeg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!! This is genius!!!!!! Absolutely perfect times two!!! Truly stunning!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Echoing everyone’s sentiments here - superbly clever and perfectly executed. Congrats on a such a stunning masterpiece, @stonewell !!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@KristyDarling you‘re too kind, thank you! And after having this new set for a few weeks now, I say - Go for it!! I swung by DK‘s today to pick up some items and Amy said she’s had several inquires about the setting; I hope you were one of them. :mrgreen2:

@Babyblue033 it is a fun idea, isn’t it? I already have another one in the works with step-cut traps and am plotting two more with colored sidestones. A set with emeralds and one with rubies since they should look good in rose gold. :kiss2:

And as a general update, for those who were asking which I tend to wear more often, it’s still the solitaire. If I were to judge based on the ratio of photos in my album, I’d say it’s running about 80/20 split. :lol:

I‘m struggling with figuring out the right sizing for the set. Since I’m settling in at my goal weight, I had it taken down to 4.75. It fits the base of my finger perfectly, but found it was wrecking my knuckle whenever I needed to take it off. So, it’s back with DK to size up to a large 5 - hopefully this will be the right fit!

Hope y’all don’t mind me sharing some additional photos- I just picked up a new half eternity that fits and it has the cutest heart motifs on the sides.

508EE525-33B5-4546-8510-5A36E87DC98B.jpeg D35CDDB6-0E4A-4D1F-9599-E6F145CDC26E.jpeg FBCA583C-6F71-418D-B790-6B30D1151C8D.jpeg

Beautiful 3 stone! Congrats!

Semy

Rough_Rock
Such a genius! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello All!

Stats on the ring:

@stonewell, did David make a new solitaire as well, or did you simply send your ring to him to make sure the wrap fit? I had him do a mold for me (this exact idea), but since the mold didn't really "fit" properly, I couldn't get a good feel for how the end product would really look, I scrapped the project. Also, it seemed like the sides just wouldn't work for my center - too big...

I'm still entertaining this idea, because we wear the same size (4.75), and I'm liking the way yours turned out. 8-) I figure if you can pull off the look with a total of about 20.11 mm (5.5 - 9.11 - 5.5), then maaaaaybeeeee I can do the same with 19.5 mm total (5 - 9.75 - 5)?? *fingers crossed*

Do you find this is comfortable? Does it protrude over the adjacent fingers? Enable me.

Beedod

Rough_Rock
it certainly is, isn’t it? I wish I could be the originator, but apparently it isn’t a new idea. I believe many others have done it before and DK has other examples. There’s a gorgeous old cut with luscious emerald side stones DK posted on IG that’s worth checking out!
Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find it

ashdawnp

Rough_Rock

This is beautiful but the solitaire for me really is perfect

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results