shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire ER reset in a three stone halo and new band!HAPPY!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't describe how happy and excited i am right now!
For quite some time, i had been contemplating a reset for my solitaire ER but for sentimental reasons i was hesitating. Two months ago though, DH did something that i never expected! He got himself a new wedding band, which is much bigger and more modern than his original wedding ring! It was a very pleasant surprise for me, because it was the first time that i saw DH really being interested in jewelry and buying something for himself. He feels extremely excited with his new ring and he was relieved to see that i had no problem whatsoever with him not wearing his original ring!
After that, i took the big decision to have a reset of my entire wedding set! Initially, i was happy with those rings and their diamonds were of excellent quality and very sparkly but lately i had started feeling tired and bored of them!
So i contacted my jeweler and discussed the issue thoroughly with him. I sent him inspiration pictures that i found on PS and on other websites and heard what his thoughts were. After long conversations and a constant exchange of a...million e-mails, we agreed on the specifications of the new settings! I always loved three-stone rings and i took the decision to go for it. I also decided to have a thin halo around the ring's center stone, which accentuated its size. The halo, in combination with the side stones, gave me a great finger coverage!!!
The stats of the ER are as follows: Center stone is my old .90ct, E, VVS2, Triple excellent cut, hearts and arrows diamond, which is GIA certified. The side stones are .35ct each, G, SI1, excellent cut diamonds, which are totally eye clean and look perfect next to my E main stone. I can't notice any difference in color, no matter how hard i try! The stones of the halo are F color, VS clarity and excellent cut and their total weight is .32ct. The setting is made in 18kt white gold.

I also had my half eternity wedding band reset in a new 18kt white gold setting, which - in my opinion - flatters the stones and makes them look sparklier and bigger than before. The ring also looks way better and more substantial on my hand, even when i wear it alone. The most amazing thing is the fact that the two rings sit flush next to each other now! Yay! I was always bothered by the gap between my previous rings!

I admit that i am ecstatic. I'm over the moon! I feel as if i went shopping and bought two brand new rings. There is nothing that i don't like or that i would have done differently with the new set!

I will post many pictures but as many friends here already know, i'm not a skilled photographer and my phone camera is not helping either!

img_20160316_200241.jpg

img_20160316_200403.jpg

img_20160316_0.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Solitaire ER reset in a three stone halo and new band!HA

Wow, Naty, that is a gorgeous reset! :love: It definitely looks like a totally new ring...which it really is! It looks perfect on your hand!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

More photos!!!

img_20160316_1.jpg

img_20160316_200311.jpg

img_20160316_200602.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is anybody bored yet? :D

img_20160316_200337.jpg

img_20160316_201418.jpg

img_20160316_201443.jpg

img_20160316_2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Naty! What a goregous reset and a gorgeous new band! :love: Beautiful! And it looks amazing on your hand. :appl:
So happy for you honey! Wear in health and happiness and enjoy. :appl: :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will try to take some more pictures with my plain white gold band (finally sitting flush next to my ER! :dance: ) I will also make an effort to post some decent flower shots!!
Thank you all for looking! :wavey:

img_20160316_201527.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your reset! Your new rings are absolutely exquisite!!! My husband also upgraded his wedding band before I ever started upgrading and resetting. He is probably sorry now that he ever did it LOL :wink2:.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your new set is gorgeous and really has a presence on your hand!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely new set!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous NatyLad! Nice makeover!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

How wonderful, congrats! Very beautiful rings and hands! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful reset Naty. Looks great on your hand. Enjoy for many years! :love:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty! Love the nail polish colour too!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous reset!!! :appl: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous reset! Talk about finger coverage!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1458215851|4006647 said:
Wow, Naty, that is a gorgeous reset! :love: It definitely looks like a totally new ring...which it really is! It looks perfect on your hand!

Diamondseeker! Thank you so much! I really feel that I went ER shopping all over again! Everything about my wedding set feels so new and fresh and wonderful now!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1458216855|4006658 said:
Naty! What a goregous reset and a gorgeous new band! :love: Beautiful! And it looks amazing on your hand. :appl:
So happy for you honey! Wear in health and happiness and enjoy. :appl: :wavey:

My dear Missy! I was so happy to see your post on my thread! It is a great feeling to know that my PS friends are sharing my joy and excitement for my new rings :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sundial|1458219849|4006682 said:
Congratulations on your reset! Your new rings are absolutely exquisite!!! My husband also upgraded his wedding band before I ever started upgrading and resetting. He is probably sorry now that he ever did it LOL :wink2:.

Sundial, this is exactly what my DH said, when he saw the new rings! He was like: ''I got a new plain ring and you went crazy with buying new diamonds and resetting the already existing ones...how much did that cost us... lol'' :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kathley|1458219946|4006683 said:
Your new set is gorgeous and really has a presence on your hand!

Thank you Kathley! Indeed, the new rings offer me amazing finger coverage and that has definitely helped with my DSS problem!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1458229632|4006757 said:
Lovely new set!!

Thank you Laila! ;))

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1458230922|4006776 said:
Gorgeous NatyLad! Nice makeover!

Thank you so much tyty :cheeky:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1458231155|4006784 said:
HI:

How wonderful, congrats! Very beautiful rings and hands! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon! Thanks for the compliments! I used to have beautiful hands, until a few years ago, but since I turned forty, they started looking like ''old lady's hands''!!! You made my day by saying that though! (I should find the thread about ''old ladies' hands'' and go post on it!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Queenie60|1458231377|4006790 said:
Beautiful reset Naty. Looks great on your hand. Enjoy for many years! :love:

Hey Queenie! So happy to ''see'' you here! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1458232520|4006821 said:
Very pretty! Love the nail polish colour too!

Thank you telephone89! About the nail polish: I have been cleaning and putting in order our bathrooms lately and for some reason I made all my nail polishes disappear! I can't find them anywhere! God knows where I've put them! So when I got the ring, I couldn't wait to post on PS but my hands and nails looked terrible :errrr: And out of the blue, I found this nail polish in my 5 year old daughter's drawer! Thank God that she stole it from me and hid it in her room! This nail polish turned out to be very useful at my desperate moment! :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

acano117|1458236870|4006866 said:
Gorgeous reset!!! :appl: :love:

Thank you acano117 :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1458241975|4006903 said:
Gorgeous reset! Talk about finger coverage!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I know PintoBean!!! :love: The new ring looks huge on my size 4.75 finger, compared to my old one! I'm very happy!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love these! The side view of the engagement ring is particularly beautiful :love: And I love flush sitting rings!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Naty, what a gorgeous re-set, I love a 3 stone (have one as well) & the halo really makes your center stone pop! I also love the size of the sides, it all looks great! Good choices all around!! :appl: Congrats on your new ering as well as your new wedding band!! :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahhh.....LOVE your 3 stone reset!!!! :love: :love: :love: I'm in the process of doing a 3 stone reset as well, but I admit yours is much more interesting than mine will be, lol. It's gorgeous on you and the halo around the center is really spectacular. Your band is beautiful too. What a happy new set!! :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You came up with an amazing design :love: I've seen 3 stones rings, I've seen halo only center stone, and I've also seen all 3 stones being haloed, but this is the first time I see halo only center with 2 sides. I love it :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results