shape
carat
color
clarity

Soliciting art deco ring gallery inspirations for my heliodore custom ring!!!!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I worked with Inken of Enhoerning Jewelry. She's great all around, knowledgeable and is able to easily understand what I want. The whole process was 1 week for CAD draft 1, 1 week for CAD draft 2, 1 week for casting and cleaning, and 1 week for setting stones. I feel like I'm getting David Klass level quality at a more affordable price point and faster turnaround. Not that I've worked with David Klass before. I'm basing my opinions only based on what other projects here have been quoted, and I think Inken's prices are reasonably competitive.

That is great to know. Does she work with outside stones?

That profile is gorgeous and it looks right at home on your right hand. Just a little POW!

voce

Ideal_Rock
That is great to know. Does she work with outside stones?

That profile is gorgeous and it looks right at home on your right hand. Just a little POW!

Your question is a bit complicated to answer. She only works with outside stones that are quality stones and pose little risk to set. Think VS corundum and spinel of the best color, no synthetics. She doesn't take any melee diamonds, but sources them herself. She has absolutely refused to work with some of my stones. Generally if the center stone is not hers, and there are no concerns over quality and authenticity, she will set it if my idea for the ring corresponds to her own aesthetic. She has, for example, refused to do my cat, butterfly, and little critter rings because those styles are not consistent with the Enhoerning Jewelry aesthetic. These are my own words, not hers. I know she will work with my more high end projects and top quality stones.

I generally have her source my melee because she offers very good prices, and matches the melee gems for color even better than CRD. The heliodor in this ring is from Precision Gem, but all the other fantastic gems, Inken sourced.

Thank you for your comment!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Your question is a bit complicated to answer. She only works with outside stones that are quality stones and pose little risk to set. Think VS corundum and spinel of the best color, no synthetics. She doesn't take any melee diamonds, but sources them herself. She has absolutely refused to work with some of my stones. Generally if the center stone is not hers, and there are no concerns over quality and authenticity, she will set it if my idea for the ring corresponds to her own aesthetic. She has, for example, refused to do my cat, butterfly, and little critter rings because those styles are not consistent with the Enhoerning Jewelry aesthetic. These are my own words, not hers. I know she will work with my more high end projects and top quality stones.

I generally have her source my melee because she offers very good prices, and matches the melee gems for color even better than CRD. The heliodor in this ring is from Precision Gem, but all the other fantastic gems, Inken sourced.

Thank you for your comment!
Thank you so much for the detailed response. This is a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure my budget would stretch to sourcing a center but Gene and CRD are doable.

Thanks again!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the detailed response. This is a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure my budget would stretch to sourcing a center but Gene and CRD are doable.

Thanks again!

For more complex custom projects I prefer to work with Inken. She is very good at communicating and will go through multiple CAD versions to make sure I'm thoroughly loving the design before casting. CRD has some lovely bespoke styles but for ordering a Stuller I would still go through Inken, because she has given me some really great deals on Stuller.

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
CAD Green beryl & multi-gem ring  V2.jpg
Ta-da! This is based on my rough sketch, and the idea is to keep the stones flat so that we don't get tilt window from the low RI beryls. The CAD designer did make a silly mistake of rendering the outermost stones green, but that will be the diamonds baguettes.

Holy shit! What an incredible ring design!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results