shape
carat
color
clarity

Soliciting art deco ring gallery inspirations for my heliodore custom ring!!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
0E2A6325 small.JPG
I've got the layout and gems. Haven't started thinking about the basket or gallery, which is where I tend to be the most picky about my custom rings.

I've thought about a fleur de lys pattern, but also thought it doesn't stick to the clean art deco aesthetic. So please help me find a basket/gallery design that is simple and clean, but interesting?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your stones and how you placed them. Love colors, shapes and majestic glow! It is going to be a super beautiful and well balanced ring! My daughter's dream is to collect all the beryls and create something very special too. She is very creative and has an artistic talent. I have zero talents and a very little knowledge needed for creating pieces of jewelry, I can't help you. But after seeing your latest creation (big and beautiful ring with blue sapphire) I believe you will make something outstanding. Good luck!

What are these yellowish stones on the sides? They may be colorless and what I see is a reflection of heliodore.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am obsessed with this designer:

He has some incredible engravings that I think could be really cool for a ring like this.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I really love your stones and how you placed them. Love colors, shapes and majestic glow! It is going to be a super beautiful and well balanced ring! My daughter's dream is to collect all the beryls and create something very special too. She is very creative and has an artistic talent. I have zero talents and a very little knowledge needed for creating pieces of jewelry, I can't help you. But after seeing your latest creation (big and beautiful ring with blue sapphire) I believe you will make something outstanding. Good luck!

What are these yellowish stones on the sides? They may be colorless and what I see is a reflection of heliodore.
Thank you, Musia! They are colorless and probably just reflections. Besides the three colors of beryl, there are four pieces of F VS diamond: two baguettes, and two princess cuts. What a coincidence that you're commenting here, on the very same morning I received the CAD I approved. See post below.

If you’ll let us see the end result! :lol-2:

29880BAC-2A1A-48D9-BA72-2A69B84C6123.jpeg
I like the examples of these two rings that mix swirls /curlicues with very straight lines /Greek key
Thanks! Those are very cool inspirations, but coming a tad too late, as I just received the second round of CAD and approved it for casting. See post below.

I am obsessed with this designer:

He has some incredible engravings that I think could be really cool for a ring like this.
Wow, that designer definitely does have fabulous engravings that would be awesome to have in this ring! I'm already committed to working with Inken, though, and would feel bad for taking inspiration too closely from a design/jewelry professional I'm not paying. That said, my plan is to get some sort of engraving, so the gallery view (shown in post below) isn't too "empty" and plain.

voce

Ideal_Rock
CAD Green beryl & multi-gem ring  V2.jpg
Ta-da! This is based on my rough sketch, and the idea is to keep the stones flat so that we don't get tilt window from the low RI beryls. The CAD designer did make a silly mistake of rendering the outermost stones green, but that will be the diamonds baguettes.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t even see your original post date- :lol:

Love what you came up with!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
CAD Green beryl & multi-gem ring  V2.jpg
Ta-da! This is based on my rough sketch, and the idea is to keep the stones flat so that we don't get tilt window from the low RI beryls. The CAD designer did make a silly mistake of rendering the outermost stones green, but that will be the diamonds baguettes.

I think this is amazing and will be one of your most stunning rings to date! Can’t wait to see the finished project!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Excited to see how this turns out! Love the colours.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Going to receive this Saturday. IMG-20210722-WA0000.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0001.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0002.jpg
Will have more pics after I receive it :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Just wow amazing. Seriously one of my favorite pieces on here. And who did this for you?! because that was FAST!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Just wow amazing. Seriously one of my favorite pieces on here. And who did this for you?! because that was FAST!

I worked with Inken of Enhoerning Jewelry. She's great all around, knowledgeable and is able to easily understand what I want. The whole process was 1 week for CAD draft 1, 1 week for CAD draft 2, 1 week for casting and cleaning, and 1 week for setting stones. I feel like I'm getting David Klass level quality at a more affordable price point and faster turnaround. Not that I've worked with David Klass before. I'm basing my opinions only based on what other projects here have been quoted, and I think Inken's prices are reasonably competitive.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I worked with Inken of Enhoerning Jewelry. She's great all around, knowledgeable and is able to easily understand what I want. The whole process was 1 week for CAD draft 1, 1 week for CAD draft 2, 1 week for casting and cleaning, and 1 week for setting stones. I feel like I'm getting David Klass level quality at a more affordable price point and faster turnaround. Not that I've worked with David Klass before. I'm basing my opinions only based on what other projects here have been quoted, and I think Inken's prices are reasonably competitive.

Good to know! It’s a gorgeous ring and I can’t wait to see hand shots!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is epic! Love it a lot! :kiss2:

Reactions: dvj

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Going to receive this Saturday. IMG-20210722-WA0000.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0001.jpg IMG-20210722-WA0002.jpg
Will have more pics after I receive it :)

Talk about a long wait until Saturday! I love how it's architectural and so gorgeously Art Deco while the side view looks like a lotus flower. What an amazing juxtaposition of manmade design and natural design. Wow!!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
The color combination is outstanding!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Is it here???!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Good to know! It’s a gorgeous ring and I can’t wait to see hand shots!
Thank you! Hand shots are below.

Like it and well done. It’s prettier than other Deco inspired designs IMO.
Thank you, Neptune!

This ring is epic! Love it a lot! :kiss2:
Awww! Well, I love it, too...

Talk about a long wait until Saturday! I love how it's architectural and so gorgeously Art Deco while the side view looks like a lotus flower. What an amazing juxtaposition of manmade design and natural design. Wow!!
Thank you, I like to have a sense of balance in my designs. Since the top view was all straight lines, I wanted to have some curves from the side.

The color combination is outstanding!
Thank you, I hope it's the best examples of heliodor, emerald, and aquamarine colors... At least in these sizes.

Is it here???!
Yup! :razz:

PXL_20210724_185558932.jpg PXL_20210724_185541510.jpg PXL_20210724_185901879.jpg PXL_20210724_204741236.jpg

The ring at its best and worst. It looks sooo good in natural light! Less impressive in dim artificial indoor lighting, but still sets my heart a-flutter.

PXL_20210724_210545128.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Stunning @voce !!! JOTW contender!!! I’m pretty miffed that colored stones don’t get enough JOTW IMHO :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Stunning @voce !!! JOTW contender!!! I’m pretty miffed that colored stones don’t get enough JOTW IMHO :)

Actually, I thought it was more because I like to keep a low(er) profile and not post them in the Show Me the Bling! forum, as Niel and some others do.
PXL_20210724_211728162.jpg
But, this ring looks like a colossus next to my other rings, and I have trouble seeing myself pairing it with any others on my right hand (wider than any finger). On my left hand, I have to wear it on the index finger so it doesn't knock against the diamonds of my engagement ring.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Neptune!

Thank you, I like to have a sense of balance in my designs. Since the top view was all straight lines, I wanted to have some curves from the side.

Thank you, I hope it's the best examples of heliodor, emerald, and aquamarine colors... At least in these sizes.

PXL_20210724_185558932.jpg PXL_20210724_185541510.jpg PXL_20210724_185901879.jpg PXL_20210724_204741236.jpg

The ring at its best and worst. It looks sooo good in natural light! Less impressive in dim artificial indoor lighting, but still sets my heart a-flutter.

OMG
OMG
OMGOODNESS !!! E90E7BF0-97D1-431C-8D74-5656D7C1171C.gif

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Neptune!

Wow! When it catches the reflection (second and last pics in natural light) , the colours are so bright and so clean. It's magic!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and I love that all of the CS you used are beryl!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Art Deco inspired ring!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Very cool design. So nice to hear about your experiences with Inken. Their bench seems fabulous! I also love that they seem to offer hand forged pieces too.

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
No, but thanks for bringing it to my attention! :lol-2:

I feel like this is the size and style a celebrity might wear, and now I'm super self conscious about wearing it out...:oops2:

I was checking whether you liked the post or not and the line of people is soooooooo long, I didn't have a patience to finish :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results