shape
carat
color
clarity

So what are we doing for Jubilee weekend ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not going to lie, however, I cried when HM appeared on the Buck House balcony at the end of the Jubilee Pageant. :oops2:

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not going to lie, however, I cried when HM appeared on the Buck House balcony at the end of the Jubilee Pageant. :oops2:

I love her also. Made my day!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only just got up
its a public holiday today, Monday for Queen's birthday, cold and rainy so nice to have a sleep in
Had marmalade on my crumpets

So im just catching up on what happened overnight

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been so busy with the house move that I haven’t seen a lot of the jubilee celebrations. I did see the Paddington sketch. It’s sad to see the Queen looking so frail, and makes me wonder how much longer she’s going to be around. From what I’ve read and the little I’ve seen, everything looks to have gone really well with the celebrations, I’m sorry to have missed it all.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds looks like little Louis stole this show this weekend! There was talk about other parties making a scene but I think Louis ran away with it!!! He was hilarious and adorable!

He was the star of the show

Interesting on my Springsteen forum one of the Anerican ladies who often has trouble 'interpreting' British culture thought he was a brat :(2
But he is 4
I think all 3 children did really well
I watched that concert and i was bored to tears through some of those acts (Although the light show made up for it)
I am yet to watch the pagent

And the picture of him sitting on his grandpa's lap was adorable
I thought it was funny when in the carrage ride at trooping of the colour he had a look in Cam's handbag

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The boy is 4 yo FFS! And that is coming from a life-long childless by choice person!!!

I did not see the Paddington sketch live, only retrospectively, and I thought it was very good.

I did feel the pageant dragged on a bit, however, I only had it on in the background while I worked on my laptop.

I suspect HM is hanging on until after her official birthday before delegating more duties and responsibilities to the PoW.

I personally would like to see the PoW being made a Regent; better still, for HM to abdicate for him to be crowned king.

I strongly believe it is about time she retires to enjoy her last few years in peace, and let the younger generations get on with it.

Other kings (Belgium and even conservative Japan) and queen (the Netherlands) had done it in recent years, and their successors are a lot younger than the PoW!

My own opinion and all that.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The boy is 4 yo FFS! And that is coming from a life-long childless by choice person!!!

I did not see the Paddington sketch live, only retrospectively, and I thought it was very good.

I did feel the pageant dragged on a bit, however, I only had it on in the background while I worked on my laptop.

I suspect HM is hanging on until after her official birthday before delegating more duties and responsibilities to the PoW.

I personally would like to see the PoW being made a Regent; better still, for HM to abdicate for him to be crowned king.

I strongly believe it is about time she retires to enjoy her last few years in peace, and let the younger generations get on with it.

Other kings (Belgium and even conservative Japan) and queen (the Netherlands) had done it in recent years, and their successors are a lot younger than the PoW!

My own opinion and all that.

I feel sad Charlie has to wait for his mum to die to get the top job but the Queen is very religious and she made that vow on her 21st birthday to God about weather her life be long or short

I wonder if HM is still angry at Uncle David and the abduction ?
She is her mother's daughter

It must be nice for the Dutch king to still have his mum
But with the Queen's mobility issues (that phrase annoyes me - she is 96) stopping her riding and walking the dogs i would be worried if she gave up her red boxes what is left to get her up and moving every day ?

i read recently someone said its not just excellent health care, privilege and good diet why the present older generation of royals are living so long - its because someone gives them something to actualy do

But maybe in a couple more Charles will be regent ?
HM still seems sharp as a tack, she must find it so frustrated being stiff and sore

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I believe her uncle's abdication and the resultant constitutional crisis and perhaps the early death of her father had a lot to do it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I believe her uncle's abdication and the resultant constitutional crisis and perhaps the early death of her father had a lot to do it.

I cry everytime her father is on a documentary
Even though both my parents were only children for the Queen's corrination and i have only ever known the Queen as Queen
Stress and smoking is no good for anyone (my dad too ) :(2

I watched that program of home movies
it showed the king playing with little Prince Charles

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the video footage of Louis being restless and going to sit on Prince Charles lap. That was such a relatable family moment where you let someone else deal with the toddler for a little while.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the Cambridge's three children, I like Charlotte the most - perhaps it's a middle child thing.

DK :lol-2:

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had been able to see more of the events during the weekend. The brooch HM wore on the last day is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry anywhere---I was thrilled to see it! I was also very happy to see the Queen appear again.

I really felt for Kate during Louis' antics during the pageant. It's the first time I've seen her have anything near a 'normal' Mom moment with the gritted teeth. All moms have been there but the rest of us don't have to do it on a global stage. It's SO frustrating & SO taxing for the parents. She, of course, handled it well. I kind of felt it had a lot to do with the pandemic because so much of Louis' life has occurred in almost absolute privacy compared with the lives of his siblings so he had not needed to learn to be quite so well-behaved.

I love all the Cambridge kids, though. And Wills & Kate. And the Queen!

It is my deep belief that people massively underestimate what it takes to be part of the royal family. Their lives really are not their own. Very few ordinary people would thrive in that situation. The Queen has especially been impacted and her response has been nothing short of extraordinary. She's truly admirable.

(I guess I'll stop rambling now.) ;-)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I had been able to see more of the events during the weekend. The brooch HM wore on the last day is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry anywhere---I was thrilled to see it! I was also very happy to see the Queen appear again.

I really felt for Kate during Louis' antics during the pageant. It's the first time I've seen her have anything near a 'normal' Mom moment with the gritted teeth. All moms have been there but the rest of us don't have to do it on a global stage. It's SO frustrating & SO taxing for the parents. She, of course, handled it well. I kind of felt it had a lot to do with the pandemic because so much of Louis' life has occurred in almost absolute privacy compared with the lives of his siblings so he had not needed to learn to be quite so well-behaved.

I love all the Cambridge kids, though. And Wills & Kate. And the Queen!

It is my deep belief that people massively underestimate what it takes to be part of the royal family. Their lives really are not their own. Very few ordinary people would thrive in that situation. The Queen has especially been impacted and her response has been nothing short of extraordinary. She's truly admirable.

(I guess I'll stop rambling now.) ;-)

Always nice to read a pro- monarchy ramble

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the Cambridge's three children, I like Charlotte the most - perhaps it's a middle child thing.

DK :lol-2:

I am the eldest
Its (family life) always hardest on the eldest
the parents are learning, making rules

Personal opinion of an oldest child and all that ;)2

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I am the eldest
Its (family life) always hardest on the eldest
the parents are learning, making rules

Personal opinion of an oldest child and all that ;)2

So true!! I'm also the oldest & my sister's life was so much easier than mine!! My poor child is an only so he doesn't get any benefits. ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My own take/sentiment about why the Sussex family did not get to meet the royal family much over the weekend.

Events for the weekend were planned months if not years in advance - moving the late May Bank Holiday to June in order to have a double BH weekend was announced at least a year ahead.

They can't expect others to change their plans for the weekend just because they decided to fly over for the weekend with not much notice.

And did they really expect they would be treated as if nothing had happened with open arms after what they did to the family?

And the cheek of it to think he could bring a private photographer to capture the moment HM met their daughter for the first time, no doubt with the intention for the photos to be sold to the highest bidder for publication, and I am glad it was refused.

I used to like Harry, however, not anymore, not since he started to display prima donna tendencies. I personally believe he thought he could remain as part of the RF and milk the royal connection after stepping down from being a working royal, and was surprised and probably hurt by being cut off.

It reminds of my dreadful sister, who insisted for me to drop everything to go out to meet her in London (I was living in a town at least 3 to 4 hours drive away) whenever she decided to come back to UK with very short notice. I refused and it did not go down well and did not care as I did not like her. I have not spoken to her since 2002 after a disagreement.

Personal opinion and all that.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're in the US, so we get the news about the jubilee, (along with more than enough Harry and Meghan drama). So we celebrated my son marrying his fiancée last weekend.

I'm still recovering!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The royal NZ navy celebrating the jubilee in true navy fashion

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results