shape
carat
color
clarity

So what are we doing for Jubilee weekend ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A nice long weekend for UK Peeps
For us in NZ Queen's birthday is Monday (i used to have to work most public holidays so im still excited to get days off)
Now we know @dk168 is going camping in her camper
im assuming @LadyMaria will be having some sort of tiara event

Its winter here (we appreate the long weekend to break up the start of winter) so no street parties like the UK

im going to bake a pavalova and serve it on grandma's good pudding (desert) china - i suspect it hasn't been used for near on 45 years
And i thought id serve Gary his 20 cups of tea a day (Dilma extra stregth with milk no sugar) in a nice corrination cup and saucer
I have so much corrination commemorative china, also from the corrination tour - some is really nice, from fine to litterly railway quality im thinking even the cats might have their evening meal off a saucer - so take that corgis !
I doubt most of it has ever been used, locked up in some old dear's china cabinet to be discarded by her off spring as she is moved on into a home or as her aging daughter downsizes, and sends all the dust collectors off to St Vincent or the Sallies

Anyway happy jubilee Your Magisty
How fortunate we have been to have had you reign over us all these years
queen-platinum-jubilee-4102528.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you havn't seen that horsy thing - a gallop through history from the Windsor horse show its really really good
a lot better than a lot of those royal variety shows we have sat through over the years
I read Prince Edward commented he has seen a lot of these windsor horse shows and this stod out because it had humour
you can see how it was especially tailored to the Queen's interests and enjoyment
I finally found the whole thing on tvnz on demand, its worth seeking it out in full

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking back 20 years to HM's golden jubilee Gary and i thought Brian May was absolutly brilliant

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Righty-ho
so this probably started my royal collection
Mum gave it to me when i was maybe 8 or 9
Mum and Dad were both primary school kids at the time of the corrination
There was a 'big thing' for all the school kids at Forbury race course in Dunedin
They both lost their little souviner medals but must have enjoyed the days festivities and a day off school

Anyway im thinking mum would have been too young to have owned this, so it must have been grandma's
20220602_131347.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her Majesty's 21st birthday oath

This always makes me shed a tear or two
“I declare before you all that my whole life, whether long or short, will be devoted to your service and to our great imperial family to which we all belong.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What am i thinking .

Its raining and cold today
i have nothing better to do - except house work

but its PS and i am neglecting the mega jewel shot !

queen.jpg
Queen-Elizabeth-II-Coronation-01.jpg

1-78592144_10_2.jpg
I feel sad Prince Philip isn't still here
he was the most lovelly arm candy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ok I'll stop for a breather now :lol-2:
have to get the roast on for tea

this is the offical portrait we have in our national portrait gallary
its been tol far for a wee while for HM to visit us in person so Wills and Kate did the honours

Hmmm i wonder what colour the dress really is ? o_O

Attachments

• 9928910.jpg
    9928910.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 9928929.jpg
    9928929.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 55

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought new UJ buntings for the occasion!

20220601_181336.jpg

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm celebrating the Queen's Jubilee by cleaning my entire collection of 3,000+ carat diamonds.

NOT! :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm celebrating the Queen's Jubilee by cleaning my entire collection of 3,000+ carat diamonds.

NOT! :lol-2:

HM's bestie Angela Kelly said they use gin to clean the jewlery
:loopy:

Too bad for me gin is a summer drink
but its always summer in California

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HM's bestie Angela Kelly said they use gin to clean the jewlery
:loopy:

Too bad for me gin is a summer drink
but its always summer in California
I use home made moonshine or pure alcohol plus half water.

on topic: massive BBQ (the whole street is in) and I'll be wearing ma' pearls

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the first day of the 4 day weekend & I will be spending it at the Vicarage trimming more hedges :lol-2:

However, we have the Outlaws arriving tomorrow, will be out for dinner tomorrow eve & are doing a BBQ on Saturday. Then on Sunday it's our village street party, as it is for most of the UK. I shall hang my Union Jack bunting when we get home later this afternoon. If my arms are still working!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its 10pm here and im watching a live stream of trooping of the colour by the telegraph
How i wish we had had this technology when my grandparents were alive

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should put some pearls on shouldn't i
the little cambridge children looked darling in the carriage with their mother and the Dutchess of Cornwall

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checked Amazon for the price of HM Barbie doll and it is over 240 GBP, nuts! o_O

Weather is good so definitely Pimms later.

DK :lol-2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We’re (probably optimistically!) trying to coincide our dog walk to catch the red arrows flying nearby. And I’ll definitely join in your plan for Pimms @dk168 !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive never had a pimms
what does it taste like?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gin based but you mix with lemonade and add lots of sliced strawberries, cucumber and mint (but we ditch the mint in our house), so it’s really refreshing. Fruity and refreshing basically (plus gin!). It’s essentially summer in a glass.
BE615EB4-6987-44A3-868B-0D8F678FF76F.jpeg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s gin based but you mix with lemonade and add lots of sliced strawberries, cucumber and mint (but we ditch the mint in our house), so it’s really refreshing. Fruity and refreshing basically (plus gin!). It’s essentially summer in a glass.
BE615EB4-6987-44A3-868B-0D8F678FF76F.jpeg

Gin makes complete sence
I like mint in my rum

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im.going to have to to to bed
the kitty cats are playing up
Borris is hissing like a snake at Fluffa because she wants me to go to bed

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never had a pimms
what does it taste like?

o_O

It's like a punch of some sort.

I make mine with chopped apple, cucumber and mint.

No strawberry as I don't want to buy a pack just for making Pimms.

Other supermarkets have their own brands of summer punches, some are better than Pimms.

I like mine rather strong, no surprise there. And I eat the fruit and vegetables afterwards, very nice being soaked in Pimms for a few minutes before I add the lemonade.

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My summer punch, cheers everyone, and thank you YM for the past 70 years and long may you continue to reign over us.

20220602_142122.jpg

DK :appl:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I made a classic Victoria sandwich cake in honour of her Maj (as the official Jubilee lemon Swiss roll and amaretto trifle was a bridge too far...)

Here it is decorated with fresh flowers from the garden and unofficial chocolate shavings! IMG_20220602_131457896.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a fry up this morning, and dinner was a pizza from the visiting pizza van, and cider from the visiting bar.

Now on a large spiced rum with ice, no mixer as they did not have any ginger ale or beer.

20220602_184814.jpg

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results