shape
carat
color
clarity

so upset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad to hear he got a job! Yay for open communication. Works every time
2.gif

I was unemployed for nine months and the longer I was unemployed, the lower my self-esteem became. I felt like I was "entitled" to a decent job since I have a BA. Pffft. No one else seemed to agree.
4.gif
I ended up going to a temp agency. They offered me a few gigs before I settled on one that had good hours and decent pay. The company ended up hiring me full time after a couple months. Though it''s DEFINITELY not my dream job, it pays the bills and there is opportunity to advance to a position that suits my degree.

Even though he got a job (again, YAY!), I would still suggest having him apply at a few temp agencies. Lots of jobs are on a temp-to-hire basis and it''s a really, really great way to get a foot in the door.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Right now, employment is tough...companies aren''t hiring like they used to and people are out of work all over the world. This situation isn''t unheard of.

But, with that said...

I think that putting your foot down is fine. I think sometimes people do need a good kick in the pants to get in gear. I''m sure many people would enjoy not working if they could...but if you need to work, you need to work--and thats just a fact of life. Maybe, at least for a period of time, he could find a job that isn''t his "dream" but will allow for income--McDonalds always comes to mind. And then maybe, after having worked at a job he dislikes, he''ll get more motivated to find one he does enjoy...like with uncle, or whatever.

Getting married to man who isn''t motivated to work is a HUGE issue, in my honest opinion. Not from a ''gold digging'' stance...but from the fact that it goes to his character. If he needs to work to provide for his family, but isn''t doing so intentionally--that''s a problem. He can cook all the meals he wants, but if you don''t have money to pay for the food--a whole lot of good that does you. If you, as a couple, need two incomes to get by...then he needs to be a contributing member of the partnership...or you need to find someone who is more willing to do what needs to be done.

Lay down the law...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jess! I''m glad your FI found a job. Best wishes!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to your fiance, Jess!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
So happy to hear that he got a job!!! I hope everything works out well for the both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results