shape
carat
color
clarity

So there was this street car...

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
And I may have gotten engaged on it!!! BF (new FI!) proposed Friday night.

We checked in Friday evening (in the midst of a Saints game, no less). Waiting in our room for us was a little rubber duckie named Louie. After we got settled in, we were trying to figure out what we were going to do for dinner. BF suggested we go take a ride on the street car. I wasn't too jazzed because the weather was kind of yucky, but I agreed because he seemed insistent. I was not expecting a proposal at that time, partly because I didn't think BF would take a ring out on a street car, and partly because I was expecting a ring box, and I could tell from his pockets that he didn't have one with him.

So we catch the street car and ride into the Garden District. Once we get to that area, he starts talking about how he never thought he'd find someone who loved him as much as I do, and he never thought he'd love someone as much as he loves me. I told him I felt the same way. He talked about how the next day would make 6 years since he first told me he was in love with me, on a street car. At this point, I was freaking out, my heart was pounding, and I knew what was happening, but it didn't feel real! Then he told me, "You know I asked you here for a reason." and started reaching in his pocket and pulled out a little box and said, "I have something for you." He opened the box and the ring was inside, and he asked me to marry him! We kissed and hugged (albeit awkwardly since we were sitting side by side) and he put the ring on my finger! After a few minutes, it started to sink in and we cried our eyes out!

We went back to the hotel and had our peanut butter and jelly snack, which is a hotel tradition. Then we headed up to our room for champagne and a LOT of pictures! We only called his mom, my mom, and my brother that night. Dad already knew, since he asked for my hand the day before, and he was sleeping since he had to get up early for work.

The next day, we toured Latrobe's on Royal, which he had secretly set up for us to do! I had told him that would be a good place to have a reception a while back, so he set up a walk through, and we got all the info for us to look over.

He told me that he had a surprise for me later on, which I'd find out about at 4:30. At 4:30, his mom, her BF, his brother, and his brother's wife show up! The day before, I told him that I was happy that we had the time to ourselves, but that I wished that our family was there to celebrate with us. Little did I know, he had set it up so that they'd come on Saturday! We had drinks in the hotel, and headed off to dinner. But not before new FI got locked in the bathroom in our room! No kidding, he was stuck in there for 10 mins, and maintenance had to come get him out!! That worked out pretty good for the rest of the surprise...

When we were at the bar in the hotel, I asked if FI's family was the end of the surprises, and his SIL said they were it, no more surprises. I was kind of disappointed that my family wasn't there, but I got over it. When we showed up at the restaurant, my mom, dad, and brother were there waiting for us! I cried!

We had an amazing dinner, and an overall fabulous time at the restaurant. We stayed for over 3 hours being all giggly and excited about being newly engaged. The restaurant gave us a menu with our names on it (FI's misspelled haha), congratulating us on our engagement.

Yesterday, we told most of the rest of our family (FI is making some phone calls to the remainder of his today) and friends, and had dinner with his grandma to tell her.

So that's why it's taken me so long to report back! The weekend was nonstop excitement, but the best weekend ever! Pictures to follow!

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the ring!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

That is such a sweet and wonderful story. Can't wait to see pics!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

Sounds like he put alot of effort into getting your families there to celebrate with you. Very thoughtful.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
In our room, a pic of us and the ring!

SAM_0531_2.jpg

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It really sounds like he put a lot of thought into making the proposal perfect for you, and it sounds like it was absolutely amazing! Your ring is gorgeous, and you two look so happy together! :)

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
The ring!

SAM_0654.jpg

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
The ring on Ducky Louie

SAM_0662.jpg

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
A better picture of the ring.

SAM_0656.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful!!! Congrats to both you of! The ring is just so classic and beautiful.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
There's a little problem with the setting though...it's totally not the one we picked out! FI was upset about it, be we're going to see if it can be changed. It's a beautiful ring the way it is, but the prongs are set in the band, instead of on top, so a wedding band wouldn't sit anywhere close to flush. The prongs are completely different, too. I'm not sure if it was a mix up or what, because it is a little too big.

Even though it's not exactly what we were hoping for, it's absolutely gorgeous.

This whole newly engaged thing is so weird! It keeps sinking in and we both keep saying, "OMG, we're really engaged!" and "OMG we have a wedding to plan!" etc. It's so fun. He keeps calling me fiancee', and it's all so surreal!!

A

Anonymous

You guys make an ADORABLE couple! Great proposal story, it sounds like your FI (!!!) knows you very well and went through a lot of trouble to make sure that you had everyone there to celebrate. The street car is too cute, very sentimental. Oh, your ring is awesome too! :D

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Woooooo congratulations :appl: :appl:

so exciting, and such a lovely proposal weekend :bigsmile:

enjoy being enfianced, and i hope you kept that rubber duckie ( :love: :love: :love: :love: the duckie!!)!

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
This is the box he had the ring in when he proposed, with Ducky Louie and the ring.

IMG_0009.jpg

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the congrats, guys! PS ladies are so awesome. FI did an AMESOME job with everything this weekend! I couldn't believe everything he did to make this weekend special for us, and I kind of still can't believe it. He's amazing, and so are our families! Our friends sounded really excited to celebrate with us, too. We're thinking we're going to see a lot of his family for Labor day, so that'll be fun. It's so weird because everyone has been asking if we have a date yet, 2 days after it happened! I had no idea that was going to start so soon.

Blackpaw, of course I kept the duckie! He's sitting on my night stand right now!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Wooohooo another one joins the train lol! Congrats!!!!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Beautiful ring, wonderful story!!

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock
Yay and Congrats! I've been looking for your story today! How nice of your FI to think to include the fam! Quite the lucky couple!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I love the Garden District, my favorite part of town, it so romantic there. Such a cute story that he caught you off guard and proposed on the street car. Have fun planning!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY jenmarie!!! I'm so thrilled for you and your FI!!!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl:

What a wonderfully memorable weekend you had!!!

And your ring is just lovely!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that's so exciting!!! I love your proposal story, it actually made me tear up a little :)). You guys make a really cute couple. Your ring is gorgeous even if it isn't quite what you wanted (I hope you don't have an problems fixing it). Congrats :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! Sounds adorable.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, everyone!

FI actually emailed the SA since they aren't open on Mondays, and she was very apologetic about everything and told us to bring it in ASAP. Depending on how long it'll take, we may wait until after Labor Day because we're going to see a lot of his family then.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
That sounds wonderful! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! The ring is BEAUTIFUL! :love:

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
congratulations!!!!! :appl:

that proposal story is really sweet!
I love the part where he surprised you with your family at the dining table. I would have cried too when I see them there!

and that ring is gorgeous although it wasnt supposed to turn out like that but the most important thing is you have a sweet proposal and a beautiful stone :D

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl:

That is such a sweet story and your diamond is beautiful even though it's the wrong setting! Hope you can get that fixed soon!

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations :) what a sweet fiance you have!! Your ring looks gorgeous and im sure it will be even prettier when it is in the right setting :love:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, your ring is lovely. It sounds like it was so sweet !

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations.
Lovely proposal... the duck is too cute, and the ring looks great on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results