shape
carat
color
clarity

So sad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really visit the other forums too often, but tomorrow my hubby and I are going to put down our beautiful african grey. She has been battling a respiratory problem for 2 years. It just breaks my heart. This has been a bad month. I thrown out my back and am in a lot of pain and I have to take her in tomorrow. As I sit here typing this, I can''t help the tears from falling. I know it''s for the best and our vet said on her last visit that she has some growth inside her, maybe cancer? It''s inconclusive. She was put on meds and her breathing got better, but then she was sleeping all day and lost so much weight so fast. I knew then that she had borrowed time. She would have turned 10 on June 7.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gothgrrl, I am so sorry. I am such a bird lover, have a cockateil who is 9, so I can imagine how hard this is for you. HUGS!!!!
39.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''m sorry you are about to loose your beloved pet. thoughts and prayers will be coming your way during your difficult task and grieving period.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m so sorry! It''s been a tough month for PS pets. I lost my kitty to lymphoma last week. The decision is hard to make, even when you know it''s for the best, but you are doing the right thing for your beautiful bird. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Somebody sent me this when I was going through my decision and it comforted me. I hope it helps you as well.

If It Should Be
If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand,
Don''t let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We''ve had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,
You''d not want me to suffer so,
The time has come, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they''ll tend,
And please stay with me til the end,
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I''ve been saved.
Please do not grieve, it must be you
Who has this painful thing to do.
We''ve been so close, we two, these years,
Don''t let your heart hold back its tears.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, GG
7.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so sad, and the bird is so young! I''m sorry to hear this and can''t imagine how upset you are. Know that you are doing the best thing for your feathered friend.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Kaleigh, crown1. I am really surprised that there are so many pet lovers on PS. It''s nice to know that there are other pet lovers who understand the special bond between pet and human, no matter what pet they have.

Sumbride, the poem just touch my heart. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Cehra and FG, thank you for your warm wishes. Pets give such a love that is unconditional and unspoken. Only another animal lover could understand that.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
((hug))

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Sumbride, ((hug)) to you, too.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I am very sorry and everyone who wrote here already expressed everything so well. You have had many beautiful years together
and the sad moment is approaching to part for now. Must be hard on you. Your bird needs you to stay strong ,so when she leaves you she will know you were happy and not stressed out by this event.She can sense your mood, let her leave peacefully knowing that the two of you shared so many happy years and had a very special bond.You know she gave you so much over the years so stay positive and let this " rub on her" Let her leave " with the smile" WE are thinking of you at this sad time..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry too

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the hug justjulia.

Scarleta, I am trying to stay strong. It''s strange, even though her breathing is bad, she still is chirping and eating fine. She still plays rough too.

Skippy123, Maisie, Harriet....thank you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to you, gothgirl. I''m very sorry to hear this news. Take care, and definitely take comfort in knowing you were a great pet parent to such a wonderful animal.
emrainbow.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this...

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Right now she is eating away at her food. She tried to play/bite me. She''s still a fiesty little brat. LOL. It comforts me knowing she is still happy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh Gothgirl,
I am sorry. I know I said I was sorry earlier but it is so sad. What a sweet bird. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
12.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this very bad news. Hugs to you and to your bird. I can really relate to this. I have 2 ringnecks and 2 cockatiels. My bird in my avatar is like my best friend. The thought of losing a friend is just a terrible thing to face.

If your bird is suffering and the quality of life is going, you know you have no choice. You are doing the best for her. It is just so hard and sad and I am really, really sorry.
8.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again skippy....my poor hubby doesn''t want to go tomorrow. He''s taking it harder than me. But he is going. He''s trying to be brave.

Beacon...thanks for the hugs....yes she is my friend. My 2 loves are my bird and my dog. I know she''ll be at the rainbow bridge....and she''ll get to see her other pal, a little red bellied parrot that we had.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am very sorry to hear this gothgrrl. i hand raised my african grey, so he has been part of my life for a long time and i can''t imagine how difficult it would be to have to make such a decision. i wish you much strength in the days ahead.
(((hugs))))

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Losing a pet is never easy.
8.gif
I wish you luck on your journey from grief to happy memories of your time with her. Take care and warm thoughts are being sent your way.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your loss.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OH no! How sad. Our neighbour has an African Grey--and she is quite a character. You are in my thoughts. Take care.

kind regards--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so, so sorry Gothgrrl!! We have a Cockatoo and an Eclectus parrot that are members of our family. It''s amazing how much life these little feathered friends can bring to our lives. Stay strong for your beautiful bird and know in your heart that you did all you could for her and that she loved you for it.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
belle, AmantdeChat, sweet pea, canuk-gal and catmom....thank you for all so much for the hugs and prayers. It really helps. I''m staying strong.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update. Hubby and I are doing much better. Though it was a hard time we are surprisingly doing better than I thought. I was really worried about hubby. I think he took this much harder than me.

Thanks for the support PSer''s.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry. I glad you gave us an update. Hang in there.
15.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thats skippygirl. I forgot to mention your avatar, you two are a good looking couple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results