shape
carat
color
clarity

So Sad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Well I was super excited to purchase a LM setting that had the center stone removed, until today!!!

I have to say that I am sooo sad, today I received the setting in the mail and the basket for the center stone was bowed and bent!

I was super excited for the setting and was having a gemstone custom cut to fit the center basket dimensions!!!

The seller claims the ring was fine when she sent it and that it must have gotten squished in the mail---she didn't have it in a box, only an envelope!

I'm super bummed, I was looking forward to putting a sapphire into it!!!
15.gif

LM platinum setting with .40cttw traps1.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
These are the sellers photos.

LM platinum setting with .40cttw traps2a.JPG

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Aww, I''m so sorry this happened to you! Do you think your jeweler could fix the setting?

I really hate it when I get expensive merchandise and it isn''t in a box. I''ve had a couple of rings sent to me in plain envelopes and I''ve been amazed that they arrived safely.

Good luck getting this situation resolved!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
You can see the bottom bezel for the center basket is bent in slightly and the upper right corner of the basket is bowed out really badly(out past the prongs)!

It certainly isn't the end of the world, but I was so looking forward to this project!!! Now have to wait for a refund.

LM setting bent and bowed.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:56:14 PM
Author: stacy
Aww, I''m so sorry this happened to you! Do you think your jeweler could fix the setting?

I really hate it when I get expensive merchandise and it isn''t in a box. I''ve had a couple of rings sent to me in plain envelopes and I''ve been amazed that they arrived safely.

Good luck getting this situation resolved!

I was told that the side stones would have to be removed to reshape the basket and that then the setting is compromised as far as strength.

Does this sound correct???

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how awful! I would be annoyed with the seller. Was the package insured? If so, can you get some cash back for the damage that occurred? It''s a lovely setting, I hope it can be salvaged.

Now what were you gonna put in it?
11.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s so sad! It would have made a beautiful ring with a sapphire.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2008 3:47:59 PM
Author:stepcutnut
Well I was super excited to purchase a LM setting that had the center stone removed, until today!!!

I have to say that I am sooo sad, today I received the setting in the mail and the basket for the center stone was bowed and bent!

I was super excited for the setting and was having a gemstone custom cut to fit the center basket dimensions!!!

The seller claims the ring was fine when she sent it and that it must have gotten squished in the mail---she didn''t have it in a box, only an envelope!

I''m super bummed, I was looking forward to putting a sapphire into it!!!
15.gif
SCN,
I''m so sorry this happened to you. What kind of idiot seller puts a ring in an envelope without a protective container?! I hope you get your refund quickly. That truly is a bummer.
38.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sad for you!! Was this insured? You would think the seller would get it insured and protect it better!
38.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is Ridiculous! The seller should know better than to do that. I have to say, I am so mad at the post office right now. I am surprised that someone didn''t steal it since it was in an envelope. I wouldn''t even try to make a claim at the post office, it could take forever. Trust me, I know!! I would just return it for a full refund or see if the seller can give you a discount since it has to be fixed.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry that happened. I hope they make it right for you - it''s not your fault they didn''t pack it properly. It''s a lovely ring.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear your setting got smooshed in the mail Stepcutnut!
15.gif

Do you mind telling me whom you bought it from? Who is LM?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stupid seller to send the setting in just an envelope. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

On a more positive note, a good benchman could put that right - yes the sidestones would have to come out so the setting could be re-alligned but once all put back there''s no reason why the setting would be compromised. Why don''t you get a quote to do the work and then try and work something out with the seller. If you love the setting, this might be a good way round it. Also, it shouldn''t take much longer than having to set the centre stone so you will probably get it back only a day or two later from the bench.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised to hear she's offering you a refund, since she claims it was the USPS' fault ?
I imagine this is untrue, and she's just photographed the piece so as the damage isn't visible. Infact in the second pic it seems you can make out the bowed bit perhaps (looks slightly crooked).

Either way, I agree she's an idiot for not putting any protection around it....a lil convenient perhaps, now she can claim the damage from the USPS? (just call me a suspicious mind, lol)..

I'm sorry this happened SCN, I know you were keen on this project.
At least you can get the refund .

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I put her back in the mail yesterday(packed very well, I may add!!!)
7.gif

The seller claims a full refund, I hope all turns out well!

I am sad to see her go, but didn''t need the hassles right now! I live in a small town, with no one I really trust to touch a setting like this, to try and make it right. I mean-honestly can''t even have a ring sized well around here!!! LM wasn''t any help either-so off it went. I thought about trying to haggle with the seller on the price, but decided it would be best to just have a new setting made-for the price I paid for this one!

Fingers crossed :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw.
7.gif
Sorry that happened to you, but I''m glad the seller is offering a refund!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:43:15 AM
Author: geckodani
Aw.
7.gif
Sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad the seller is offering a refund!

Thanks gecko!

I am planning on now using the $$$ to set my purplish pink sapphire, thinking halos around all 3(partial on the sides) with Tsav melee!!!

Sorry the stone look terrible-they are under REALLY scratched plastic!

2.42ct purplish pink sapphire with cushions.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, what a bummer! I am sorry that it did not work out for you...that must mean that there is something much better just around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results