shape
carat
color
clarity

So quiet on this forum..but, I have small question

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer this forum because of its small size. It's easier for me to navigate and find things, and I like the search feature for older topics.

Plus I like to venture into diamonds and colored stones, just for the eye candy.

Oh, well.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The other thing that keeps this forum from growing? It's not an educational forum. Only buyers are free to talk, trade are under scrutiny for anything they say and will be banned if they are out of compliance. The other forum everyone can talk and learn.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1468186748|4054089 said:
The other thing that keeps this forum from growing? It's not an educational forum. Only buyers are free to talk, trade are under scrutiny for anything they say and will be banned if they are out of compliance. The other forum everyone can talk and learn.

I disagree with the bolded statement. PS is an educational forum, one that is consumer-oriented. While trade members are welcome to post informative and educational content, they cannot do so in a manner that advertises/promotes their own inventory and/or disparages that of other vendors.

The Forum Policies are easy to locate and easy to read and easy to follow.

I have noticed in the Pearl Forum much more so than in any other PS forum, certain members (consumer and Trade) were posting threads and comments in contravention of the PS Policies. It is too bad when members cannot follow rules such that admin must take action.

The format of the other forum is not very user-friendly in my view; I go there sometimes but don't like the interface.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1468197072|4054136 said:
The format of the other forum is not very user-friendly in my view; I go there sometimes but don't like the interface.

I only view the other forum on my iMac. Are you perhaps having difficulty with a mobile version of it?
What would make the interface better? How could it be made more user-friendly?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Unwilling and uninterested in commenting further on the other forum.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's okay, marymm-- I thought maybe you had some ideas that could be helpful. Any forum can be improved. =)

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo ,4ranchgirl and icyjade had kept this forum lively . since they left/don't post much, it has been dead .Although I check it daily myself because I love pearls . the other forum is hard for me to navigate .

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1468197072|4054136 said:
NacreLover|1468186748|4054089 said:

I disagree with the bolded statement. PS is an educational forum, one that is consumer-oriented. While trade members are welcome to post informative and educational content, they cannot do so in a manner that advertises/promotes their own inventory and/or disparages that of other vendors.

The Forum Policies are easy to locate and easy to read and easy to follow.

I have noticed in the Pearl Forum much more so than in any other PS forum, certain members (consumer and Trade) were posting threads and comments in contravention of the PS Policies. It is too bad when members cannot follow rules such that admin must take action.

Actually, I have been told this by trade members who don't post here much any longer or have been banned.

Proof is in the pudding, this forum is stagnant and the other is thriving.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
jeweln|1468200715|4054152 said:
Bsomlo ,4ranchgirl and icyjade had kept this forum lively . since they left/don't post much, it has been dead .Although I check it daily myself because I love pearls . the other forum is hard for me to navigate .

They didn't leave, they were banned. Not sure about why IJ stopped chatting here.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
That is sad to hear . I do miss their wonderful pearls and new projects !

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am sad too.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I also find this forum to be educational. PS isn't only about pearls, I've learned a lot about diamonds and colored gemstones.

The internet is big enough, there's a place for everyone.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1468423717|4055109 said:
I also find this forum to be educational. PS isn't only about pearls, I've learned a lot about diamonds and colored gemstones.

The internet is big enough, there's a place for everyone.

I agree. I have found PS to be very educational. I also find it a little less biased here, just because no-one really wants to say even luke warm things about someone on their own forum (that they host, moderate, and are actively posting on). Plus, there are some definite rivalries between certain vendors - likely well deserved - but there have been some discussions over there that I have found to be uncomfortable (and unprofessional) which have made me realize that if I do buy from certain vendors, I should probably not talk about it much there. So there are rules about posting everywhere, whether they are spoken of or not.

Although even so, across forums here there are those with definite devoted followers (I've noticed it in the diamond threads a LOT) where people are hesitant to talk about challenging experiences with vendors for fear of being flamed. Then when someone is brave enough to complain, the "me too" jumpers are surprisingly high.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the vendors probably read this forum too. (Wouldn't you, if you were a vendor?)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems|1468427591|4055139 said:
I think the vendors probably read this forum too. (Wouldn't you, if you were a vendor?)

Oh, I don't know. The vendors all seem to be busy flitting about the planet, going hither and yon, visiting gem shows and exotic locales. :dance:

I think life is very nice for pearl vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results