shape
carat
color
clarity

so.... my ring is being made

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
EEEEEk!! Crazy right? I called in a few stones, examined them and picked out the one. And they also had the setting (Swan) that I wanted, so it's on its way to being made. Don't know when it'll be done and shipped to us, but I guess that's the surprise part!!

I still feel so weird that I'm no longer going to be technically "single" anymore!!!! Well, I've been dating him for over 4.5 years, but I meant technically single as in tax-form single haha.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting! Do you have a picture of the setting to post?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
That's so exciting! I just love the Swan solitaire so I'm sure your ring will be absolutely gorgeous!!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Swan setting: image009.jpg

It's so popular, it seems. The jeweler was even telling me he just set a 3ct stone in it just before mine, probably to another PSer. But I love the fluid lines, mmmmm.

I have no idea when I'll have it in my hands! Or on my hand, rather :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
omg...swan setting + 3 carat diamond??? sounds amazing :) I can't wait to see pictures!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring - very elegant. I can't wait to see your hand shots after you get engaged!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooo - congrats! So exciting :appl: :appl:
That ring looks beautiful!! I'm still going back and forth between a few settings (I'm letting bf pick out the diamond - after some lengthy tutorials and links to various options that I liked) so I'm still far off from not being "officially single"--- but you are getting sooo close! Can't wait to see your hand shots :love:

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Looks great! So excited for you.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, you moved from "ready to broach the subject with SO" to "ring in production" in lightening time! you'll have to write a tutorial on the subject!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
suchende|1295910949|2831910 said:
Dang, you moved from "ready to broach the subject with SO" to "ring in production" in lightening time! you'll have to write a tutorial on the subject!

HAHA, so true! I didn't even realize that. I think we were both just kinda waiting and waiting... and then finally were like, OK, that's about enough, let's do this. I was the one who was originally like, ehhh I can wait, I'm only 26 anyway. Why change anything when everything's fine and dandy, right? And I always assumed that guys run away when you talk about commitment. But the bf is 32 and not getting any younger so I think he was like, it's about time. Plus, I had done SO much research about this in advance, so it's not like we had to settle down and do the research AFTER we finally broached the topic.

But I guess hanging out on this forum (which I first came to for diamond research) and seeing nearly all my good friends get engaged and married in the past year starts to get you thinking about the future more urgently. I guess the whole thing just happened in a landslide way - just talking about the subject opened the floodgates, and there was a lotta water behind those gates!

Now it's like I'm looking at wedding stuff - and I'm not even engaged! I feel trashy about that, just like when i was looking at diamonds earlier. The issue is, it's not like I'm SOOOOO desperate to be married, etc., it's more that I NEED to research and find the BEST POSSIBLE DEALS ON THE PLANET when doing (and paying for) something so significant! I'm not even into weddings, but I feel like I have to "match up" to my friends, who WERE all into weddings and willing to spend a lot of money on them. Sighhhh.

I'm afraid at the same time that I'm approaching this entire going-to-be-married journey as a stressful I-GOTTA-FIND-THE-BEST-BANG-FOR-MY-BUCK project. I should be enjoying this! I'm more worried about wasting money (yeah yeah, say what you want about getting a diamond in the first place). I'm just really anal about money matters I suppose. I pick and choose what I spend money on, and what's worth the splurge. Can anyone relate? It's like we're approaching this as a business project, not as a romantic journey.

Does anyone get what I'm saying? Wow, I guess I had a lot more to say than I even thought. It's just weird. yes, I've been with the bf for 4.5 years, but it still feels weird to me that I'm "old enough" that I have to think about engagements and stuff! I feel like I was 15 just yesterday!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Oh and there was a recent thread in SMTB with a 3ct+ stone in the Vatche Swan (N color) - can't remember the sn, but she took some great shots of the ring. Turns out that the same jeweler sold that ring, he was even mentioning to me! Look up DSS or "cure" and I think that thread will pop up.

Argh, I am a little nervous - I'm not the most careful person with my hands, so that setting will likely be takign some hard knocks. And I'm absent-minded, so it has to be krazyglued to my finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results