shape
carat
color
clarity

So my Jeff White sapphire is all boxed up.....just gotta figure out who to send it to....some feedba

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 4:01:16 AM
Author: ma re
I wasn''t commenting lately, but was reading all the zillion posts that showed up. Glad to hear you''re starting to see some things ''my way'', for example, that some shapes are really difficult to mix and some are not. I''m talking about the trap sides, which obviously suit the cusion better than pears. You also have to remember that LS''s sapphire is a round, and can therefore look so stunning when combined with pears. If you, however, ''must'' have pears, I''d suggest either setting them between the splits of a split shank, or flush set them into a graduating shank. Both can be done to look tasteful. You can also use a pair of pears on each side, so that they form something like a heart, with their tips pointing towards the shank (they''d have to be a bit smaller, of course). Or you can have little pears as your mistery diamonds, set in the gallery. Hope you''re not even more confused now
9.gif
Excellent advice. You have a good eye for balance.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:35:07 AM
Author: Sharon101

Excellent advice. You have a good eye for balance.
Thank you
2.gif

P. S. I''ve seen some trillions that were very sparkly...but they were not diamonds
9.gif
I guess some cuts suit colored stones better (or it''s just my imagination).

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 4:01:16 AM
I wasn''t commenting lately, but was reading all the zillion posts that showed up. Glad to hear you''re starting to see some things ''my way'', for example, that some shapes are really difficult to mix and some are not. I''m talking about the trap sides, which obviously suit the cusion better than pears. You also have to remember that LS''s sapphire is a round, and can therefore look so stunning when combined with pears. If you, however, ''must'' have pears, I''d suggest either setting them between the splits of a split shank, or flush set them into a graduating shank. Both can be done to look tasteful. You can also use a pair of pears on each side, so that they form something like a heart, with their tips pointing towards the shank (they''d have to be a bit smaller, of course). Or you can have little pears as your mistery diamonds, set in the gallery. Hope you''re not even more confused now
9.gif
Yup, sometimes it takes me a little while but I think I''m coming around!
2.gif
As it turns out, Leon''s response to my email was that he wasn''t too keen on the halo''d 3 stone idea either so we''re going to start from scratch....I''m calling him shortly.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 12:43:26 AM
Author: Harriet
See if Leon can slot the 3 pears into the shank, like in my ring. I think it''ll look more polished that way.
Thanks for your compliment on my ring. You''re welcome to use it as inspiration and you''re also welcome for my above suggestion.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 8:26:29 PM

Date: 5/7/2009 12:43:26 AM
See if Leon can slot the 3 pears into the shank, like in my ring. I think it''ll look more polished that way.
Thanks for your compliment on my ring. You''re welcome to use it as inspiration and you''re also welcome for my above suggestion.
Thank you Harriet! I sent a Leon a picture collage of shanks that I love and another one full of different halos that I love...your spinel was in the halo collage and your tsav was in the shank collage.
9.gif

I was hoping that you might chime in on this thread....do you mind if I ask what is your process for working with Leon? Do you come armed with your own ideas or do you give him a general idea and let him come up with something? Does you normally give you a sketch to approve?

Thanks again,

Diana

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the shields better with the square cushion. I like side pears with rounds and ovals. I can''t wait to see what you and Leon come up with! IT will be gorgeous, I''m sure!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Diana,
I go with something in mind, which Leon then tweaks. My spinel is a variation on one of his halo split-shanks. My spessartite is a standard Art Deco. My tsavorite, on the other hand, was designed and mocked up in detail by a good friend. It''s my baby which is why it''s named after yours truly.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
So....guess what? I was driving around today and the design concept finally came to me!
36.gif

Long before I joined PS, I loved the look of a pave halo and when I joined PS and saw Leon''s work, I KNEW I wanted one of his pave designs. I''ve come to the conclusion that all of the beautiful rings I''ve seen on PS have put me a little off course. As much as I LOVE Lost Sapphire''s ring, I finally realized that it isn''t ME (and isn''t easily replicated with a cushion)!

So I was thinking about how Harriet works with Leon, she takes a design concept to him and gives him liberty to tweak it...then I thought about what I really want - a halo, but not a plain one, a pave''d shank that starts wide and then tapers (what I was trying to accomplish with the pears).....and FINALLY, it came to me!!

So here is the concept that I''m going to give to Leon to tweak....and guess what? I feel really good about it...totally comfortable...finally!
9.gif

Final concept for sapphire.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diana,
My halo appears substantial, but it''s delicate in real life. So, I don''t think you''d want smaller melee.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Diana, I just wanted to mention that I''m going through a similar experience these days. I discovered my interest in gems and fell in love with a particular one (the look of one shade of a certain variety), but then got pulled off course by all the other possibilities and got confused. And it took me A LOT to "get back to my roots", and now I''m finally comfortable and sure of my choice (we''re talkin'' future project here).

Sorry for a bit of a thread jack, just thought it would be fun to mention
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 11:16:16 PM
Author: DianaBanana
So....guess what? I was driving around today and the design concept finally came to me!
36.gif

Long before I joined PS, I loved the look of a pave halo and when I joined PS and saw Leon''s work, I KNEW I wanted one of his pave designs. I''ve come to the conclusion that all of the beautiful rings I''ve seen on PS have put me a little off course. As much as I LOVE Lost Sapphire''s ring, I finally realized that it isn''t ME (and isn''t easily replicated with a cushion)!

So I was thinking about how Harriet works with Leon, she takes a design concept to him and gives him liberty to tweak it...then I thought about what I really want - a halo, but not a plain one, a pave''d shank that starts wide and then tapers (what I was trying to accomplish with the pears).....and FINALLY, it came to me!!

So here is the concept that I''m going to give to Leon to tweak....and guess what? I feel really good about it...totally comfortable...finally!
9.gif
Hi DianaBanana

Just wondering how the discussion with Leon went? I was so pleased when I read this post, as it seems you are finding YOUR dream!

LS

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to be stunning!!! I love it and can''t wait to see when it''s done!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 12:39:35 PM
Diana, I just wanted to mention that I''m going through a similar experience these days. I discovered my interest in gems and fell in love with a particular one (the look of one shade of a certain variety), but then got pulled off course by all the other possibilities and got confused. And it took me A LOT to ''get back to my roots'', and now I''m finally comfortable and sure of my choice (we''re talkin'' future project here).

Sorry for a bit of a thread jack, just thought it would be fun to mention
2.gif
I hear ya on that one!
25.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 8:21:07 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Hi DianaBanana

Just wondering how the discussion with Leon went? I was so pleased when I read this post, as it seems you are finding YOUR dream!

LS
Hi LS...I spoke with him briefly this morning and he''s liking this concept MUCH better. He has an electrician working in his office today so we''re gonna chat tomorrow morning and work out some of the details.....he was extremely apologetic that he didn''t get back to me on Friday - he was worried that I would be upset. I have to say, although we''re still in the early stages, he''s been very nice to deal with so far!
1.gif

PS - I''m still feeling good about the concept and have stopped scouring the internet for other ideas!
3.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:03:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
I think it''s going to be stunning!!! I love it and can''t wait to see when it''s done!
Thanks Gypsy....I can''t wait to see it either!
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 4:13:31 PM

PS - I''m still feeling good about the concept and have stopped scouring the internet for other ideas!
3.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sounds like you''re in a really good place about it! YIPPEEEE

LS

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Diana, I''m weighing in late (Sun is out and gardening has begun with a vengeance!).

But I just wanted to say that I love your new halo idea, just love it. Will Leon take pictures along the way?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you have figured out what YOU like. That''s great. You have a lovely stone and a good designer so I''m sure it will turn out well. Keep us up to date.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diana, I love the direction your new inspiration has landed! I''m super excited to watch your project take shape!!!!!!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Waiting for some good news from you, Dianabanana!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2009 10:40:29 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Diana, I love the direction your new inspiration has landed! I''m super excited to watch your project take shape!!!!!!
ditto.. how exciting, and to work with Leon,,,
36.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very excited about this ring! How long until you get it in your hot little hand?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 6:10:48 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
I''m very excited about this ring! How long until you get it in your hot little hand?

ditto!! when when when??
36.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback guys!
9.gif
I''ve been out of town for a couple of days and haven''t had a chance to post an update.

So....the ring is still based on Leon''s blue sapphire above except that we are going to have 2 rows of pave in the halo instead of three....the bottom row won''t be scalloped like the one above, it will be more squared off. The diamonds won''t be graduated in size, they''ll be one size - between 1.2 and 1.5mm, he''ll determine the exact size once he starts drilling holes in the head of the ring.

We''re just working out the basket detail, Leon likes using bubbles but I don''t like them so we''re tossing around some ideas. I said I liked the look of his flower inspired solitaire so he did a very quick drawing - he said the drawing was a very quick and rough one and not to worry, it''s not an example of his workmanship
2.gif
. The drawing helped me understand what I''d like to see in there so I''ve just tossed another idea back at him.

I should have the official work order tomorrow and then the completed ring in another few weeks or so....woo hoo!
36.gif

ta da almost done.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is going to be a work of art. I can''t wait to see it.
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HooRay!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s starting to take shape!

How wonderful that he is able to interpret your vision and give you a sketch. I can''t wait to see the ring!

LS

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m totally excited!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:31:57 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys!
9.gif
I''ve been out of town for a couple of days and haven''t had a chance to post an update.

So....the ring is still based on Leon''s blue sapphire above except that we are going to have 2 rows of pave in the halo instead of three....the bottom row won''t be scalloped like the one above, it will be more squared off. The diamonds won''t be graduated in size, they''ll be one size - between 1.2 and 1.5mm, he''ll determine the exact size once he starts drilling holes in the head of the ring.

We''re just working out the basket detail, Leon likes using bubbles but I don''t like them so we''re tossing around some ideas. I said I liked the look of his flower inspired solitaire so he did a very quick drawing - he said the drawing was a very quick and rough one and not to worry, it''s not an example of his workmanship
2.gif
. The drawing helped me understand what I''d like to see in there so I''ve just tossed another idea back at him.

I should have the official work order tomorrow and then the completed ring in another few weeks or so....woo hoo!
36.gif
Well I hope you had your thermal underwear with you Diana - tee-hee!

Your design is looking awesome. I liked the second photo in your reply to Leon.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be one lovely lovely ring!! TFS!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I can not wait to see it finished! I''m so glad you were able to decide what you wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results