shape
carat
color
clarity

So Ladies, what''s the timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
If you had to guess, when do you think your proposal is coming?

2 months? 6 months? One year? Too far to guess?

Just curious if anyone has a rough idea of when the big day will be.
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
my timeframe? now
his time frame? a couple years
so.. i am guessing july or august.

One month
36.gif
and if not, he is so in trouble (again!) He's had the ring for FOUR MONTHS NOW. I'm dying.
11.gif

We are going to Vegas to look at venues on March 30th.. and he says it'll be before then! So... we'll see.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anymore, the forces out of our control threw a wrench into our plans
8.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
6 months to a year for engagement (he''s ready now, I''d prefer to wait, although I do enjoy looking at the pretty blingy ringies!
3.gif
). Right now, we''re planning on getting married summer of 2011, when I graduate from college.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I''d guess in the next 2 months. The ring has been purchased and SO is ready, so whenever he decides on a creative way to pop the question!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t honestly think HE even knows at this point. A lot of it has to do with WHEN he will get another job and IF he will get his Masters degree. Based on all of that...my best guess is not this year but HOPEFULLY sometime before 2012...

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:45:46 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
I''d guess in the next 2 months. The ring has been purchased and SO is ready, so whenever he decides on a creative way to pop the question!

DITTO.

In 44 days or less :)

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:47:18 PM
Author: nail_polish

Date: 2/24/2009 1:45:46 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
I'd guess in the next 2 months. The ring has been purchased and SO is ready, so whenever he decides on a creative way to pop the question!

DITTO.

In 44 days or less :)
Double Ditto.
Ring is in production, so by the time its completed, and he comes up with a way to ask, I'd say the next 30-45 days.
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
never.
39.gif

lol, I'm so dramatic.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
I strongly suspect it will be within the next 2-3 months. Ack!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I''m guessing within the next few months. He has had the ring for at least two months, but I''m just enjoying my LIW time and letting him plan his proposal :) I''m earning my master''s degree next August so we''re hoping for a wedding some time in that area.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
He changes his timeframe... in the summer he said a few months, it''s been almost a year. 2 months ago he said he wanted to wait a year. So BLAH.
I''m HOPING and PRAYING for it to be during our 2 year anni trip. Which is in 2 months. But who knows?! /throws up arms

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:24:39 PM
Author: trillionaire
never.
39.gif

lol, I''m so dramatic.
DITTO!!! I''m so Dramatic it scares me sometimes...

actually I have a timeframe... I''m sure he does to... I suppose with in the next year... But I''d be okay with tomorrow, tee-hee!
37.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
6 months or less, but I''m thinking about 4.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:24:39 PM
Author: trillionaire
never.
39.gif

lol, I''m so dramatic.
haha! I''m right there with you girl!!! As in...never AND I''m so dramatic.
2.gif
3.gif
40.gif
32.gif
38.gif
39.gif
39.gif
3.gif

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
well, we bought a house together this weekend (!!!!!), and close on the 31st of March - so he has just over a month to get a ring on my finger!

He''s talking to Gary at ERD now though, and we both have agreed that we''re not telling anyone about the house until we''re engaged - so he best get moving! It''s killing me keeping the house a secret...but since we won''t have the keys for a month, it makes it a little easier to wait for the engagement before we announce to friends (my parents, of course, know of the house) :)

My bf did ask my dad this saturday for his blessing...to which my father replied, "oh boy....i''ve been dreading this day for 28 years" LOL. but then he was happy and welcomed him to the family :)
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 1:39:21 PM
Author: swedish bean
One month
36.gif
and if not, he is so in trouble (again!) He''s had the ring for FOUR MONTHS NOW. I''m dying.
11.gif

We are going to Vegas to look at venues on March 30th.. and he says it''ll be before then! So... we''ll see.
You and Tril...I don''t know HOW you guys do it, knowing your SOs have the ring! I''d go insane!

I''m guessing my SO won''t be proposing for a year or more (maybe with his bonus money next year, if they get one?). But one thing I know for sure is that he''ll be slipping that puppy onto my finger the second it''s in his possession. He can''t buy me a gift and not give it to me the moment he gets home from the store! LOL (Maybe that''s why he always waits until the last minute to start shopping! LOL) *Sigh* Oh, how I do love him!

msprincess

Rough_Rock
Since I was given the entire year of 2009 as my timeframe, it really could be anytime...LOL

If I had to guess... I would say sometime in the next 4-6 months. (hopefully closer to 4
3.gif
)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:12:50 PM
Author: Still_Waiting
Date: 2/24/2009 1:39:21 PM

Author: swedish bean

One month
36.gif
and if not, he is so in trouble (again!) He's had the ring for FOUR MONTHS NOW. I'm dying.
11.gif

We are going to Vegas to look at venues on March 30th.. and he says it'll be before then! So... we'll see.

You and Tril...I don't know HOW you guys do it, knowing your SOs have the ring! I'd go insane!

I'm guessing my SO won't be proposing for a year or more (maybe with his bonus money next year, if they get one?). But one thing I know for sure is that he'll be slipping that puppy onto my finger the second it's in his possession. He can't buy me a gift and not give it to me the moment he gets home from the store! LOL (Maybe that's why he always waits until the last minute to start shopping! LOL) *Sigh* Oh, how I do love him!

LOL, you got me thinking! I should tell him that I know, and then we'll have like a hostage situation, and I can camp out at his apt, refusing to leave until my demands are met! LOL, that would probably put some fire under his tush!

Or he would leave me for being crazy. But you never know... you push a LIW too far...
27.gif
11.gif
27.gif

ETA: I must be reading too many of TLH's posts! lol

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully we'll have money saved up by the summer sometime, so in the fall maybe? I'll be sure that you ladies will be the first to know when we start seriously shopping.
31.gif

Oh yeah, and I'm sure now that he's the one for me--just needed a few months (well ok it's been six as of Thursday) actually living together day to day (instead of long-distance) to know it really was what I wanted it to be.
2.gif

Yay!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:31:53 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Hopefully we''ll have money saved up by the summer sometime, so in the fall maybe? I''ll be sure that you ladies will be the first to know when we start seriously shopping.
31.gif

Oh yeah, and I''m sure now that he''s the one for me--just needed a few months (well ok it''s been six as of Thursday) actually living together day to day (instead of long-distance) to know it really was what I wanted it to be.
2.gif

Yay!
36.gif

Yay!!!!
36.gif
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it...
25.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s WONDERFUL news Gwen!!!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:40:53 PM
Author: Bia

Hopefully we''ll have money saved up by the summer sometime, so in the fall maybe? I''ll be sure that you ladies will be the first to know when we start seriously shopping.
31.gif

Oh yeah, and I''m sure now that he''s the one for me--just needed a few months (well ok it''s been six as of Thursday) actually living together day to day (instead of long-distance) to know it really was what I wanted it to be.
2.gif

Yay!
36.gif

Yay!!!!
36.gif
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it...
25.gif

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!! Ain''t it great to know for sure in your brain, heart and gut?

How exciting!!!!!! One Torchiere, to go! Ding ding!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

2.gif

Yay!
36.gif

hurray! I always admire that people will live together before they get engaged or married. I am too stubbornly independent to do it, but it makes a lot of sense to me! Can''t wait to see the RING!!!
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, Gwen! I''m glad all potential question is now out the door, and you have a for-certain engagement to look forward to! That''s so awesome!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for everyone with engagements coming up soon!

I try not to press for details, but B said it would happen when I''m 25. My birthday is in July, so sometime between this summer and next, and the rest is a surprise. If it happens this year, we''ll be planning a summer 2010 wedding, and if it happens next year, probably spring or summer 2011.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
We''ve talked about getting married sometime in 2010 (!) with a year or so to plan before that. So while I''m hoping it will be within the next 6 months, it will almost definitely be before the end of 2009!

~HappyCat

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I think in the next 2 months.

I''d say there''s a 20% chance it''s in the next few weeks, a 50% chance it''s in the next 2 months, and a 30% chance it''s after May 1.

Sorry, that''s the finance major coming out of me
25.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Well, he refuses to give me a definite timeline.. which could be because he wants to totally surprise me.. or I am totally kidding myself that he''s actually considering proposing
39.gif
(I''m dramatic too
9.gif
)

But I''m gonna go with him wanting it to be a total surprise.
11.gif
We have been ring shopping - and I have a sneaking suspicion that he''s gonna be using his tax return towards a ring
27.gif

It BETTER be in 2009.. that''s all I''m gonna say!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results