shape
carat
color
clarity

So, I've lost some weight and my rings are HUGE now.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should probably preface this by saying I am not DONE losing weight, so I don't want to size them yet.

I got a set of "sizers" from EWeddingBands to get a better idea where I was. They were sized to a 6, and I knew my size had gone down because while my rings were sized for my knuckles, they were snug over my knuckles before, and now they'll almost fall off, and HAVE a few times if my hands are cold/wet. The sizers are little blue plastic rings that are 4mm wide, and I am wearing the 5.5 pretty easily. It's loose below the knuckle, and can be snug over the knuckle sometimes but most times it's just easy on and off. My rings are all 1.5mm-2mm... So I am trying to decide what to do.

I am planning to just do sizing beads in my ering and Kwiat right now since I am not done and I will have my spacer sized down.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
For a cheap, temporary solution: What about a narrow band in your current size to wear on outside (i.e. last ring you put on) in the meantime? That way you have something holding everything on.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sizing beads are very cheap to add and even cheaper to remove. Get them done now and redo if necessary. There are other options, like springs, which might work as well. Just make sure you find someone who knows what they are doing so that your ring doesn't suffer from all this surgery.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm having the same issue. I'm using a ring noodle on my ER, and a smaller size plain band on the outside.

image_1099.jpg

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I'd also wait. I would get a thin band to wear until I was ready to size them. Or the noodle shown above.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have a similar problem in that my finger size varies a lot from season to season. In the winter, my size 4.5 ring can almost slip right off my hand. In the summer it gets tight. I'd suggest getting a thin band in your new (temporary) size to put on the outside of your rings until you are done losing weight, then you can have them all resized.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest sizing beads on the rings, and adding a thin stacker form e-weddingbands.com in a smaller size to hold it all in.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shelby_Buchroeders|1474388090|4078844 said:
I would wait. From what we've seen, the beads aren't the best solution although they can work temporarily. I would wait until you've reached your ideal weight and then have your rings sized. I would HIGHLY suggest going to a Jewelry store to have this done. We are experts in sizing and I often have ladies who say their size and we end up sizing them down further than they thought. Congrats on the weight loss by the way!! I'd just hate for you to put more wear on your rings than necessary :)

ChristineRose|1474396344|4078920 said:
Sizing beads are very cheap to add and even cheaper to remove. Get them done now and redo if necessary. There are other options, like springs, which might work as well. Just make sure you find someone who knows what they are doing so that your ring doesn't suffer from all this surgery.

MIZ! (I know of the store! RIP Laws Hall...)

Thanks! BGD made the e-ring and is doing it. I have a small caveat that long-timers here will know--Plat is my ONLY option. NOTHING gold, can come within 100 miles of my body. Not just alloys, not just nickel (also can't come near me) but actual gold. can. not. touch. me. EVER. My skin literally boils. But the sizing beads will stay in even afterwards. The e-ring has always spun, and this has been on the list for a while anyway because it drives me ape.

Most people here know I never wear them though.... Maybe 4-6 hours PER WEEK. So there's no concern about unnecessary wear. But I don't want to do an additional resize in the future. My wedding band has no option for a resize, it's eternity. So beads are it and I don't think they make horseshoes in plat--or at least not an effective one.

FightGravity|1474391654|4078883 said:
For a cheap, temporary solution: What about a narrow band in your current size to wear on outside (i.e. last ring you put on) in the meantime? That way you have something holding everything on.

Tourmaline|1474396581|4078922 said:
I'm having the same issue. I'm using a ring noodle on my ER, and a smaller size plain band on the outside.

iwantsparkle|1474397368|4078928 said:
I'd also wait. I would get a thin band to wear until I was ready to size them. Or the noodle shown above.

wildcat03|1474398114|4078933 said:
I have a similar problem in that my finger size varies a lot from season to season. In the winter, my size 4.5 ring can almost slip right off my hand. In the summer it gets tight. I'd suggest getting a thin band in your new (temporary) size to put on the outside of your rings until you are done losing weight, then you can have them all resized.

image_1099.jpg

I was considering that, but at this point, the ering can jump over one of those, so without beads, an outside band won't stop it. My rings are sized for my knuckle which before the loss was nearly 1 full size larger than my fingers (so a 6 vs maybe a 5.25.)

PintoBean said:
I'd suggest sizing beads on the rings, and adding a thin stacker form e-weddingbands.com in a smaller size to hold it all in.
The 1.5mm band from them is going to replace the current one eventually. I don't want to buy another band if I am going to have to resize or replace it later.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I don't want to high jack the thread. Many apologies ame. But I have the same problem wildcat. My finger varies almost a whole size through the seasons. I have winter and summer rhrs for that reason. How do you have that sorted for your rings/ering?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, as a temporary fix, and given your skin sensitivity to metals, you can buy little clear plastic clip on bead thingys. They go on the underside of your finger. A smaller ring ring in front will stop them sliding off but you also don't want them "swinging around". If your rings are swinging around its a sure way to give your setting and/or diamonds a knock they don't want or need.
They are cheap and called "ring snuggies"

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1474402460|4078959 said:

I don't want to high jack the thread. Many apologies ame. But I have the same problem wildcat. My finger varies almost a whole size through the seasons. I have winter and summer rhrs for that reason. How do you have that sorted for your rings/ering?

I haven't fully sorted it out. This will be the first winter that I wear two rings together as I'm getting married next month. I'm hoping that the two rings will help a little. I'm leaving it at size 4.5 and my fingers don't seem to swell quite as much now that I'm eating healthier, so my e-ring seemed ok all summer - at times a bit tight and I would just put it on my necklace. I sized my wedding band up by 1/4 size to allow for swelling when I wear the two rings. If they are still loose this winter when I wear two rings together, I plan to buy a plain size 4.25 band to put in front of my e-ring during the winter.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ame|1474399128|4078943 said:
MIZ! (I know of the store! RIP Laws Hall...)

LOL I was just stalking this user to see if it was the same! I know you are about 125 miles away from me, Ame, so it's cool to have another known local. Hi Shelby! I'm in town too. :appl:

*ahem* sorry for the threadjack. :shifty:

Ame, I've got sizing beads to keep mine from spinning, and I LOVE the effect. I too have bigger knuckles than fingers, so beads can really make a difference without making it hard to get on and off. If you think they will be a big enough to make your ring the right size, then I say do that.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Can you wear silver? When I want to be more subtle I wear $10 silver spacers I got on amazon with my baguette band to keep it from slipping. The bands have to be a little larger for my wide stack to be worn together. wp_20160920_19_29_55_pro.jpg wp_20160920_19_30_37_pro.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"The 1.5mm band from them is going to replace the current one eventually. I don't want to buy another band if I am going to have to resize or replace it later."

I was going to recommend getting a simple band to wear as the outer stack to avoid the rings trom falling off... but I see you dont want to do that. I am in the same situation as you and a second band har worked perfectly for me and I have sized it down two times. I dont like sizing beads personally. :wavey:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
No advice to give, but wanted to say a big congratulations on your weight loss! Oh, how I wish I had your problem myself!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I'm jealous! I lost nearly 50 pounds 2 years ago and it did nothing to change my ring size ;(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got it!! Fabric medical tape on the bottom. And your rings won't spin with the traction. I'm not kidding!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom - do you take your ring off whenever you wash your hands or do you just deal with soggy medical fabric round your ring for a while until it dries? I'm another one with big knuckles and swelling fingers who's driven mad by spinning rings so I'll try any solution! But I'm always too worried to take my ring off to wash my hands when I'm out of the house in case I forget to put it back on and leave it somewhere. I bought some ring noodles recently but haven't tried them yet as the weather's still just warm enough for my fingers not to have shrunk too much. I also couldn't quite get my head around having a diamond showing on the top of my hand but cheap old plastic noodle wrapped around the palm side of the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results