carat
color
clarity

So I walked into a pawnshop and found a 1.26

ShelleyBee

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi there,

That really depends on how you set the diamond. It its going into a bezel then it should be protected, if however it is getting set in a 4/6 claw then I would say definitely no. If you hit the diamond by accident eg. fallen over and hit the ring against the wall, you can potentially crack the diamond at the cleavage point where the feather is. I hope this helps your buying decision.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

That really depends on how you set the diamond. It its going into a bezel then it should be protected, if however it is getting set in a 4/6 claw then I would say definitely no. If you hit the diamond by accident eg. fallen over and hit the ring against the wall, you can potentially crack the diamond at the cleavage point where the feather is. I hope this helps your buying decision.

Very helpful, thank you. If I do wander back in and pick it up, I think I would have it set into a bezel necklace. I keep saying that then remember that is really not a "normal" necklace size in my town. Everyone would assume it's a moissy. In the end, I don't need this diamond.

As a matter of fact, the pawn employee remarked only folks visiting from out of town or the rich neighborhood would by at that size :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a matter of fact, the pawn employee remarked only folks visiting from out of town or the rich neighborhood would by at that size :)
Rich people don't buy diamonds with flaws. :eek-2:

All the more reason they should sell it to you for $850. The art of negotiation is to give the other party all the reasons they need to accept your price!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Rich people don't buy diamonds with flaws. :eek-2:

All the more reason they should sell it to you for $850. The art of negotiation is to give the other party all the reasons they need to accept your price!!

Brilliant! :) I'll check back in in a few weeks. Ha, thanks Peter!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A pawn shop in the small town where I work posted a photo on FB of a 3 carat solitaire ring in a setting of 1 carat of diamonds that they have for sale. I just don't know I've been in there before and they don't seem to know a lot about diamonds. The one I frequent close to my home, on the other hand, they know their diamonds and that means a lot.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
A pawn shop in the small town where I work posted a photo on FB of a 3 carat solitaire ring in a setting of 1 carat of diamonds that they have for sale. I just don't know I've been in there before and they don't seem to know a lot about diamonds. The one I frequent close to my home, on the other hand, they know their diamonds and that means a lot.

Ugh, I would go just to look at it. I wonder what they priced it at?

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Here are the pictures. I’m off today. I may run by. If I do I’ll let you know. But those small mine cuts of mine would sparkle more...I bet.

Attachments

• 39792980-1A4F-4B23-BA56-77208E7DFB58.jpeg
    39792980-1A4F-4B23-BA56-77208E7DFB58.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 7C39D371-4C2E-400F-B3B9-3179CA5FA324.jpeg
    7C39D371-4C2E-400F-B3B9-3179CA5FA324.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 63AB3F94-7BDE-4E8F-BD25-7F7B943EEB64.jpeg
    63AB3F94-7BDE-4E8F-BD25-7F7B943EEB64.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 135
  • AF9D9D3F-298E-49AF-BF5A-4CEE4DA8C37C.jpeg
    AF9D9D3F-298E-49AF-BF5A-4CEE4DA8C37C.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 154

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You've heard of a statement necklace. This is a statement ring.
(Ice Ice Baby)

Remember....it has to be tasteful. I’ll run by Monday. Bet they’re asking around 7k for it. No more than 9k.

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
I'd say probably go back to the pawn shop & give them your last offer. If they accept it & it's a good price that won't set you back for the CBI project, then it's meant to be. If not then walk away because it's a sign that the "squirrel" world is trying to tell you something :whistle:

I walked away from so many "squirrel" chances & I just think that it wasn't meant to be. Several times it happened & I was just kicking myself for missing out when suddenly the opportunity reappeared because their initial transaction fell through. Some "squirrel" even was offered to me LESS than what I was initially offered. THEN I usually justified to my fiance that it was a sign that the lovely "squirrel" is meant to be mine :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So, I went and looked at it just a little while ago. Where to begin....Well, they want $7,500 for it. I was told it appraised at 15k. I didn’t ask but wondered, appraised by....? I used their loupe. It was as “splintered” as it looks in the photos. I couldn’t even see any cut definition at all. By one prong it was a tragedy. It looked like it had been gouged. I could see what looked like a hairline fracture with some chips. I got really really quiet. I looked at it twice and I saw the hairline crack the second time. And the cutlet was gone. Was that on purpose? I don’t know. It didn’t look at all like a mine cut diamond. Poor diamond. There was not one bit of fire in it. Not one. It was as “flat” as could be. It’d be different if it were a really nice diamond. Recut anyone? A nice bezel necklace? As it is, I wouldn’t want to deal with it, so I can see what people mean when they say they hesitate to buy something. I’ve done the same thing before. Usually for very good reason. Give me a really pretty 1 carat any day. That is my best layman’s description of it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
yip
i think you just saved your self a pile of money better spent elsewhere
its disappointing
but best in the long run

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Truly, @PreRaphaelite, I'm fine with the "loss". The planets didn't align and that's okay. I really have moved on.

@Daisys and Diamonds , yes...that poor lonely diamond :) I am sure some other person will buy it and enjoy it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results