shape
carat
color
clarity

So I *Had* to Upgrade my Studs. BGD 1.00CTW H SI1

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I purchased my original .60ctw J VS2 studs last year during the BGD pre Christmas sale. I loved the amazing cut of the signature stones and thought they looked very good size on my smallish earlobes.
Then the unthinkable happened. I met several PSers IRL. All had way bigger studs than me. I developed a condition I shall coin SSS, Stud Shrinkage Syndrome. It's a similar malady to DSS but only affects the unlucky afflicted victim when looking in the mirror obsessively staring at ones earlobes. It can even strike while riding in the car and flipping down the visor at every red light!

Luckily I discovered a way to treat the symptoms. BGD had the cure for what ailed me: Bigger Studs!!!

I'm am getting these today! I'm very excited!!! Here's the links to my new babies:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.508-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-c-104062894037
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.506-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-c-104062894040
Glamour shots:

I decided to set them the same as my trade-in studs. I'm perfectly happy with 14k for earrings and wanted a minimalist setting because for me it's all about letting the gorgeous stones look like their floating on my lobes.

*Also ummmm just in case my SSS returns I don't have too much money sunk into settings*
I will try to post earshots ASAP. I'm horrible at pictures for the most part so I'll try to get someone to help me.
Thanks for looking :sun:

bgd_6.jpg

bgd_7.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous woofmama! I can't wait to see the ear shots. :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Don't you just hate it when you NEED to have bigger diamonds?? :lol:

They look great! Now where are those ear shots?!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to be done.

They look lovely!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Excited!!!!! Sooooo anxious to see these huge puppies on your lobes!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new studs! :love: Can't wait to see earshots!

I have also suffered from the condition of SSS and *had* to upgrade my 0.62 ctw signature BGD studs to 0.88 ctw beauties last year. I'm glad to see that your condition has also been cured (for now) :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

I hate it when that happens. there you are, all safe and secure stopped at a red light... then ... WHAM!! ... outta the blue, the diamonds shrink, the studs look too tiny and there you are, left feeling inadequate in the middle of the intersection.

I hear ya ..... thank HEAVENS BGD came to the rescue!! PHEW!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They look like they will be PERFECT!!

(so stay away from cars with sunvisors... just sayin'! )

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies so far everyone :)) I have them on right now!!!!!!!!!! OMG they are huge and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy Mother of Bling I've Been Cured :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I have to go to work now so can't try to get earshots. I'm going to the salon after work today so I'll ask my stylist to take pics of my ears ;)) She'll get a kick out of that I'm sure! Pictures to come soon!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1369321136|3452459 said:
Thanks for the replies so far everyone :)) I have them on right now!!!!!!!!!! OMG they are huge and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy Mother of Bling I've Been Cured :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I have to go to work now so can't try to get earshots. I'm going to the salon after work today so I'll ask my stylist to take pics of my ears ;)) She'll get a kick out of that I'm sure! Pictures to come soon!!!

Um... I'm gonna bet that the cure is temporary! ;)) sometimes, when you least expect it... a sneak attack of SSS happens...

I hope the "syndrome" goes into remission for a long time, w no recurrences! tee hee! :bigsmile:

I'm excited to see your ear shots!! AND the new hair do!!! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations, Woofmama! How good does it feel to upgrade those babies??? I upgraded mine a couple of months ago, and no regrets!

Can't wait to see pix!

P.S. My solution to SSS is to bezel everything!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations, Woofmama! How good does it feel to upgrade those babies??? I upgraded mine a couple of months ago, and no regrets!

Can't wait to see pix!

P.S. My solution to SSS is to bezel everything!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Okay I managed two mediocre earshots so far. Even my poor photography skills can't detract from the beauty of these stones!
These were taken in my kitchen with low overhead light. It's very overcast today so zero natural light is coming in.
Love the fire & sparkle! Better pics will be up later.

I never considered myself a MRB kind of girl, I am really a step-cut lover, but had decided that I should have round studs for their performance. Wow, I am sold! I think *maybe* a nice MRB three stone could be in my future. Just don't tell my husband ;))

earshot_super_sparkle.jpg

earshot_fire.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto, thritto on the earshots! Waiting...impatiently. :)

ETA: Annnnd you posted the earshots just as I was writing my post. :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1369322752|3452472 said:
Ditto, thritto on the earshots! Waiting...impatiently. :)

ETA: Annnnd you posted the earshots just as I was writing my post. :)
Crappy earshots I'm afraid!!! I hope to get much better ones later. Please stay tuned for further updates ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

They look very sparkly and they're a wonderful size!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You stealthy upgrader you--and not even a clue at our GTG!

They look great though, and I'm glad you're happy!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
niiiiiiice!!!

Jackets anyone??? :Up_to_something: :wink2: :naughty:

( :lol: I couldn't resist! :lol: )

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! They look smashing. Now you need 5 pointer jackets!

Ha. Enerchi and I think alike. :Up_to_something:

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Very excited for you!

Another vote for the jackets! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, SSS!! So many of have been afflicted with it - we're very fortunate that there is a very effective treatment! :bigsmile:

I'm thrilled to see that your case was diagnosed and a fix prescribed so quickly - and based on those pics you must feel much better already, they're gorgeous!! :love:

Happy birthday!!!
And drive safely, visor or no!! :bigsmile:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:appl:

I actually like those earshots, sometimes blurry pics give the best impression of how sparkly something is IRL. These studs certainly look super sparkly 8-)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love those studs!!!! Oh I can't wait to see them in person! Brian Gavin Signature H's - you have the cream of the cream. Amazing!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
They look fabulous woofmama!!! And a great size on your ear too!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
A few more pics, none great I'm afraid but had to try to show the amazing sparkle of these diamonds 8)

bgd_8.jpg

bgd_9.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Finally an earshot!!!

bgd_10.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm :wavey: Now that you all know what the inside of my ear looks like, I feel an even closer bond to all of you :lol: Whats a giant ear among friends right? Why are my pics so big? :oops:
Sorry my goodies look blurry, a few fingerprints I'm sure! It's been a long day and It's past my bedtime.

Enerchi and JaneSmith & Snowy Thanks for suggesting/enabeling me to purchase jackets, you are very naughty :naughty:
I *may* consider them if my SSS ailment returns. I don't think I'll ever upgrade these, I love them and think they are the perfect size for me.

DeeJay this was a stealth move ;)) I really wasn't planning on upgrading at this time but after seeing everyone's beautiful studs at our GTG I caved. It also helped that BGD had a very nice Mothers Day promo and I could trade in my previous studs.

Thanks CatMom, FancyPants,Niel,YT, Laila, Bastetcat, GemFever, Maccers! Such nice comments :kiss:

Yssie Thanks for Birthday wishes, as Marilyn Monroe would say: Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend (another June 1st lady)

Rosebloom You are so sweet! I loved the ctw,color, clarity and cut on these! I feel like I got the best of all worlds and am thrilled.
Whenever you want to see them, let me know :))

Stargurl78 I read your upgrade thread a million times over the last couple of months. You inspired me!

Smith1942 Your studs are lovely! I do adore bezels so maybe I'll reset these in the future.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful!!! :love: And I think they are a great size to wear alone or with jackets!

Just FYI, the key to getting good earshots is to stand in front of your bathroom mirror and then you can see the camera image in the mirror as you point the camera at your ear! But I will say that it is pretty much impossible to adequately capture the sparkle of any diamond in pictures.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
oooo awesome! I love them! Congrats!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful and a great size Woofmama. I might have to purchase some BGD bling sometime in the near future, curious to see
what all the fuss is about. They do look extra sparkly and Diamondseeker is right, it is very hard to capture diamonds in pics.

Also very envious of you ps's get together. I bet you have a ball seeing everything IRL and meeting each other. I am afraid it's a bit of hike from Oz. You never know one day I might make a trip over. :wavey:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry Monny, I can't make it to the get-together either, although I would like to. It's on my wedding anniversary.

You say you might get some of the Brian Bling to see what the fuss is about. I got an amazing pair of studs from Blue Nile. They don't have pics of each diamond, only certificates, because they are a drop-shipper. However, this means that they are less expensive than BGD. I have three BGD pieces and they're lovely, but I do find his prices a bit eye-watering. Almost everyone here has WF or BGD studs so I just wanted to redress the balance a bit and let you know that they aren't the only options! (I also have some WF baby bezel studs and they're lovely too - but again, more expensive than Blue Nile.)

Having said that, I've heard that everything in Australia is super-expensive compared to the US.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results