shape
carat
color
clarity

So, I caught some fire....ORANGE fire...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1385830057|3565208 said:
I cannot get over the mesmerizing glow coming from that stone, it is just amazing and so beautiful! I am really happy the jeweler was able to do such a wonderful job changing the setting, so nice to be able to use your mom's setting - keeps her close to you. It looks fantastic! :love:

And please, don't tell me you live somewhere where you can be by a pool and orange trees at the end of November! Ok, you can tell me but please know I will be extremely jealous!!! ;(
Thank you junebug!

I do...but I wouldn't get in the pool! In fact, I don't think you could really pay me any amount of money that would get me into the pool right now. Hah! 60s-70s during the day, but 40s at night, and I'll stay nice and dry, thankyouverymuch! If I'm truly honest though, I'd love to live near snow right now. Snowball fights, snowmen, and snow angels sound amazing right now. Here are some pics of my backyard right now, just for fun.

_12296.jpg

_12297.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the links! I just drooled over those as well. Great looking backyard too:)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color....awesome setting!

Love your back yard...looks like heaven.

Lori

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Frekechild, your backyard really does look like heaven…here in NJ, winter is just starting, cold and damp, and I'm so depressed already! :cheeky:

Forgot to mention that your collection of CS rings is amazing, I was trying to pic a favorite and it was just impossible. Love how you reset your mom's diamond too!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!! Nice way to use your mom's setting and keep her near to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelli - Thanks! This was right after the gardeners left. About three minutes later, there were leaves on the ground! Hahahaha!!!! I have too many links, and I've named them weird things over the years! It's a lot to wade through and hard to find specific things.

Junebug - funny you should say that, it's going to get down into the 30s this week at night, which is unsual for these parts. Thank you for the compliment on my collection - I have a hard time picking out what to wear any given day. I actually tend to try each on and see which strikes my fancy first. They are all so very different, it makes it hard to choose!

Laila - Thank you. Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of her passing (also, sadly, it would have been my parents 39th anniversary) so I will have to pick between orange and white tomorrow in her honor.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Freke- What an awesome stone! I love that you put it in your mom's setting. I can't get over those last few pictures of it glowing. Amazing!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves2Laugh|1386277781|3568315 said:
Freke- What an awesome stone! I love that you put it in your mom's setting. I can't get over those last few pictures of it glowing. Amazing!
Thank you! Those last few pictures are my favorites too - I showed my husband, but he couldn't fake the excitement of how cool it looked for me. The jerk.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some more pics!

These are my "around 8mm stones". The spess is 8mm, the blue sapphire in the six prong is 7.8mm, the blue spinel with the tapered baguettes is 8.2mm and the tourmaline is 8.3mm. I just need 7.9 and 8.1 to complete my series. :tongue:

_12432.jpg

big_stones.jpg

big_stones2.jpg

big_stones3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can kind of see what inclusions can do in the sun in the middle picture - the blue sapphire and the spess are both riddled with tiny inclusions that make them glow in direct sunlight instead of black out like the much cleaner tourmaline and spinel.

big_stones6.jpg

big_stones5.jpg

big_stones4.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are fantastic learning examples - your point about sun and inclusions is incredibly well made showing the glow of the spess and sapphire vs. the somewhat blacking out of the other two. Thank you! Perhaps we can add an addendum to the educational pinned thread and add those pics in as examples. Hmm, will have to go look...

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, as always, for the informative pictures. You always add some education with your sparkle!

Beautiful stone and meaningful story. I love the contrast to the rest of your collection.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I am late to the party here, but this is a great thread. I just wanted to add my thanks for posting the pics - there are some great photos in here. I really love the latest ones as well, showing the inclusions in sunlight.

Your collection of rings is always inspiring to me, I adore the blues and lavenders especially. Congrats on your wonderful orange addition and I hope you enjoy wearing your mom's ring.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1386285783|3568407 said:
Those are fantastic learning examples - your point about sun and inclusions is incredibly well made showing the glow of the spess and sapphire vs. the somewhat blacking out of the other two. Thank you! Perhaps we can add an addendum to the educational pinned thread and add those pics in as examples. Hmm, will have to go look...
A couple fun photos for this line of thought.

_12438.jpg

_12439.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
velouriaL|1386300172|3568564 said:
Thank you, as always, for the informative pictures. You always add some education with your sparkle!

Beautiful stone and meaningful story. I love the contrast to the rest of your collection.
Thanks VL, I often learn a lot myself!

I need to warm it up a bit, eh? I have some stones that need to be set eventually that will probably perk up the collection a bit, so we shall see! I don't know that they will be this retina burning type color, but you never know!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
katharath|1386301372|3568572 said:
I am late to the party here, but this is a great thread. I just wanted to add my thanks for posting the pics - there are some great photos in here. I really love the latest ones as well, showing the inclusions in sunlight.

Your collection of rings is always inspiring to me, I adore the blues and lavenders especially. Congrats on your wonderful orange addition and I hope you enjoy wearing your mom's ring.
Awww!!!! These things are so nice of you to say katharath! Thank you for all of the compliments. Very kind of you to say such nice things!

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Wow, the orange just glows and the setting is so simple, but still different - I love how the prongs worked out and you are lucky to have a bench willing to take on the challenge! Also jealous of your ring collection - I don't know how you can choose one to wear everyday - I'd probably leave my house looking like Mr T everyday if I had so many pretties to choose from!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
carmen1|1386331147|3568693 said:
Wow, the orange just glows and the setting is so simple, but still different - I love how the prongs worked out and you are lucky to have a bench willing to take on the challenge! Also jealous of your ring collection - I don't know how you can choose one to wear everyday - I'd probably leave my house looking like Mr T everyday if I had so many pretties to choose from!!!
Lol! Funny you should say that - I actually put all of the rings on my left hand last night, and was looking at all of them with just the Christmas tree lights. I took a video that was pretty awesome, but the still shots just aren't the same.

Sad thing is, I only wear one ring per day, so these suckers are pretty well taken care of, considering that they might only see the light of day once a month, unless I take them out for a bath or pictures.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild|1386285063|3568398 said:
Thank you! Those last few pictures are my favorites too - I showed my husband, but he couldn't fake the excitement of how cool it looked for me. The jerk.

Sounds like my hubby! Haha!! Enjoy it and I'm using it as my inspiration that I will find something out there similar!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the princess with the baguette eternity. So classic.

The orange rocks too. I have a YG setting that is sitting empty, so I understand the challenge. I am a white metal person, but I have a lot of YG.

Trill

Rough_Rock
I'm loving the orange! It is a beautiful ring, and such a lovely way to use your mom's setting!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves2Laugh|1386363300|3569004 said:
FrekeChild|1386285063|3568398 said:

Sounds like my hubby! Haha!! Enjoy it and I'm using it as my inspiration that I will find something out there similar!
Hahaha! Thanks! Good luck with your quest!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1386372559|3569102 said:
I love the princess with the baguette eternity. So classic.

The orange rocks too. I have a YG setting that is sitting empty, so I understand the challenge. I am a white metal person, but I have a lot of YG.
It was kind of an unlikely combo that I didn't really see going together, because of the very different cuts but ended up loving together.

Thank you! I hope this serves as some inspiration - I love your champagne setting, but alas, have nothing that would fit AND go, if that makes sense. Have you thought about getting it rhodium plated?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trill|1386378576|3569167 said:
I'm loving the orange! It is a beautiful ring, and such a lovely way to use your mom's setting!
Thank you!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your spess!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh my goodness FrekeChild - the stone just GLOWS! You don't even have to try for a fire shot because it simply just is a ball of orange fire! It's gorgeous, and I love the orange tree pics, and wow - the oasis that you've created in your backyard is awesome!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
derbygal|1386459712|3569739 said:
Love your spess!
Thanks! Me too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
endless_summer|1386538438|3570088 said:
Ohhhh my goodness FrekeChild - the stone just GLOWS! You don't even have to try for a fire shot because it simply just is a ball of orange fire! It's gorgeous, and I love the orange tree pics, and wow - the oasis that you've created in your backyard is awesome!
Lol! Thanks ES!

I wish I could take credit for the backyard, but we actually only moved into the house a couple months ago, so it mostly came like this. We actually had some gardeners come in and trim things up and clean up some stuff, and it's grown back in a bit. It was one of the major selling features of the house though!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1386540035|3570103 said:
endless_summer|1386538438|3570088 said:
Lol! Thanks ES!

I wish I could take credit for the backyard, but we actually only moved into the house a couple months ago, so it mostly came like this. We actually had some gardeners come in and trim things up and clean up some stuff, and it's grown back in a bit. It was one of the major selling features of the house though!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We purchased our place about a year and a half ago, and it's still fresh enough to remember to rat race, racket, and stress that it entailed - a home is a major accomplishment - I'd take a pic of your backyard and post that in your 2013 completed projects thread :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results