shape
carat
color
clarity

So how was your Valentines Day / weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
um, SO didn't get here until 12:45am on Friday night/Sat morning, and we watched a movie by candlelight (Lakeview Terrace, VERY romantic, lol) and had wine. I got him his fav, garlic stuffed olives, and I cut up some bread and made some seasoned dipping oil. We were up til 5:30am! SO slept REALLY late the next day, and I over did it with the wine (don't mix red and white!), so I wasn't feeling great until mid day on V-day. We got up leisurely and just milled around and pestered each other, (my sister was also there) then we went to the store and got items for dinner. We made: escargot in garlic butter, Spinach with mushrooms and Truffle Oil, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Caramelized Steak and Scallops wrapped in Spiced Bacon. It was DELISH! We finished dinner pretty late, watched another movie and turned in. Sunday, I made him breakfast in bed (pumpkin scones, bacon and eggs) and we watched another movie and he served mimosas, then we ran out to see slumdog millionaire! (my request) We ordered pizza for dinner from our fav place, and watched ANOTHER movie, lol.

At some point, we did exchange 'gifts'. I had set a $20 budget, so SO got me 4 bags of my fave jellybeans (starburst tropical jellybeans, which are like CRACK and only sold from V-day until Easter at select stores and I can't find them ANYWHERE in NC!), and he framed the poem that he wrote me last year.

I gave him a statute of a trumpet, one of those middle eastern looking scarves that everyone is wearing these days, and a home made "voice synthesizer". (It still needs some work, but he got a good laugh out of it!) ]

We had fun doing much of nothing at all and we were def feeling the V-day love in the air. I'm still feeling very sentimental for no reason at all. God I love that man...
26.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:25:03 PM
Author: Blackpaw
NO WAY!!!! I have that necklace too dreamgirl
9.gif
its purdyyy....

ive been thinking id like a pair of tiffs earrings, just casual for everyday, so probably a stud....and i may just have been on their website earlier checking out the possibilities, like the sevillanas
31.gif

but perhaps i should save this for the LIW tiffs thread...?
36.gif
AWESOMENESS!!!!!! lol I myself enjoy looking at the site weekly....
27.gif
lol

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:47:36 AM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 2/16/2009 7:49:18 PM
Author: kittybean
You are so funny, Dreamgirl. Keep planting that seed
1.gif
! I went by a Carino''s today while running some errands, and I thought of you and your 4 pm dinner. I hate waiting at restaurants too! FI never seems to mind, but I get so grumpy, especially if I''m starving (which I usually am).

This is off-topic, but I wasn''t sure where to ask you--can you make my avatar sparkle like yours? I know you have amazing graphic design skills.
haha! Everyone thinks I''m funny for some reason.....
smarty.gif
I''ll keep planting that seed. I promise
5.gif

I can certainly make your avatar sparkle like mine! Is that the photo you want to use?
I think it''s because you are so earnest, honest, and persistent. It makes me smile. Like I said in the reputation thread, you are the PS Charlotte (one of my favorite characters ever).

I''d love to use the photo I have now for my sparkly avatar. Would my old one (extreme closeup of a hand shot) be better? If you need the photo to be larger, I''ll have to get it off my home computer later.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know how I missed this thread!

We nerded it out for V-day. Given the choice between going out and having a fancy dinner or playing video games and eating pizza, I totally opted for the latter. We lit a nice fire, popped a bottle of champagne, and proceeded to battle it out in Mortal Kombat until 3am. Nerd alert, but we had a really great time :)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:57:37 PM
Author: misskitty
Don''t know how I missed this thread!

We nerded it out for V-day. Given the choice between going out and having a fancy dinner or playing video games and eating pizza, I totally opted for the latter. We lit a nice fire, popped a bottle of champagne, and proceeded to battle it out in Mortal Kombat until 3am. Nerd alert, but we had a really great time :)

This is so cute! Sounds like you had a load of fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results