shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I'm just excited because I bought my first opal/Dan Stair stone. It's not faceted so I don't think it really counts as a "Dan" stone since the faceting is what he's known for. But still, I'm excited!

I love white translucent stones (hence my love of white jade and moonstones) so when I happened upon this opal I thought it looked lovely! :) I don't usually like the flashiness of opals, but this one sounds like it has a subtle blue shimmer that sounds right up my alley.

So excited!

Hehe, I promise myself that this is the last gem/jewelery purchase until June. I've been bad the last two months :razz:

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG: Oh it sounds lovely. Can''t wait to see pictures.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 9:49:48 PM
Author:MakingTheGrade
Sorry, I''m just excited because I bought my first opal/Dan Stair stone. It''s not faceted so I don''t think it really counts as a ''Dan'' stone since the faceting is what he''s known for. But still, I''m excited!

I love white translucent stones (hence my love of white jade and moonstones) so when I happened upon this opal I thought it looked lovely! :) I don''t usually like the flashiness of opals, but this one sounds like it has a subtle blue shimmer that sounds right up my alley.

So excited!

Hehe, I promise myself that this is the last gem/jewelery purchase until June. I''ve been bad the last two months :razz:
Yeah, right
11.gif

Congrats on your opal.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I know TL. But I"m going to try!!!

I have a few things to keep me busy until June :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:49:48 PM
Author:MakingTheGrade

Hehe, I promise myself that this is the last gem/jewelery purchase until June. I''ve been bad the last two months :razz:
Don''t worry, everyone here is great at keeping you from buying
6.gif
Can''t wait to see your opal!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it. Maybe you and me can be strong for each other. I can''t buy anymore stones right now either.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 10:04:30 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I can't wait to see it. Maybe you and me can be strong for each other. I can't buy anymore stones right now either.

Support group ;-)

Well, it's reaching crunch time for the wedding planning now, so hopefully that will keep me occupied. I have cake toppers to paint and programs to put together, and the first of the wedding gifts came in, so I have to start with the thank you notes!

Haha, I now own a lovely 14 piece cookware set from Cuisinart and no discernible cooking abilities...yay?

Good thing the foreman grill is here too, it's so simple even the fiance can cook with it, lol.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it. Maybe you and me can be strong for each other. I can''t buy anymore stones right now either.
I need to avoid, as well! Settings should be next on the saving list.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 10:07:10 PM
Author: icekid

I can't wait to see it. Maybe you and me can be strong for each other. I can't buy anymore stones right now either.

Haha, aren't us med kids supposed to be OCD and good at the whole delayed-gratification self-control thing? That's what my classmates tell me..

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 10:08:45 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 4/7/2009 10:07:10 PM
Author: icekid

Haha, aren''t us med kids supposed to be OCD and good at the whole delayed-gratification self-control thing? That''s what my classmates tell me..
That''s what I hear.... how else do we suffer through such torture? (Did I mention I don''t have a day off for the next three weeks?
39.gif
)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....can''t wait to see your new pretty!!!
36.gif

Lori

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your new beauty!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which opal? Was it the whitish clear one that had a moonstone quality?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 11:10:04 PM
Author: Chrono
Yup.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 11:16:38 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 4/7/2009 11:10:04 PM
Author: Chrono
Yup.
I like it a lot and was instantly drawn to it. It has an ethereal quality to it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dan''s opals are very nice - I think he has an eye for them. I can''t wait to see yours!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 11:30:42 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Dan''s opals are very nice - I think he has an eye for them. I can''t wait to see yours!

He hasn''t cut one recently though I don''t think, or at least it didn''t show in his "now cutting" section, yet he has a lot in his inventory under opals. I guess his opals just don''t get snatched up as much as his faceted stones?

Oh well, more for me! Hehe. I''ll definitely post pics when I get the stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results