shape
carat
color
clarity

So, about this coming Tuesday in the U.S...

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
What are your plans for the day and evening?

Me - Since I’ve already voted I’ll get up, have my coffee, walk the dog, and turn on the news. DH and I will alternate between the national and local stations until he goes for a medical appointment in the big city. I’ll be a bit concerned until he comes home, but not too much. It should still be pretty quiet on the streets, I hope. We’ll watch the news on and off until bedtime, around 2 a.m. I‘ll sleep fitfully as I anticipate what may come in the next days and weeks in America, while he sleeps like a baby. :lol:

How about you and your family?

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
***Please don’t mention particular candidates or political parties in this thread. Thanks!***

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as every other day I imagine since DH has to work. Maybe watch the news a bit more. No panic either way from me because what purpose does that serve?

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I am working a 12 hour shift on Tue, then on call till the next morning. For the first time since covid, I am hoping to be so busy and distracted that I am unable to focus on anything else but work until Wednesday morning. I plan to avoid the news as much as I can :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No plans beyond not leaving the house.
Besides C19, I hear violence is more likely on this E-Day than it is on other days.

Lovely country we have here. :nono:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as every other day I imagine since DH has to work. Maybe watch the news a bit more. No panic either way from me because what purpose does that serve?

Yeah. I don’t get why the media keeps trying ti
Instigate. Like we need that.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I am working a 12 hour shift on Tue, then on call till the next morning. For the first time since covid, I am hoping to be so busy and distracted that I am unable to focus on anything else but work until Wednesday morning. I plan to avoid the news as much as I can :lol:

This is wise. Avoiding the news, except that which directly affects you, is probably best. Not that I’ll follow this advice :)

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Normal work day for DH & I. Praying the country doesn’t get burned down. Out here in So Cal they have already brought in private security teams and are shutting down Rodeo Drive in LA. They must have solid info to be reacting this way.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
This is wise. Avoiding the news, except that which directly affects you, is probably best. Not that I’ll follow this advice :)

I am trying to avoid repeating my very unhealthy anxiety inducing preoccupation like I did in 2016. I know I will still be drawn into it as it unfolds. I just need to be busy with something else for my sanity

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's going to be days, weeks or months and no matter how this turns out - many people may be unable to cope with it. I'm staying out of cities. My husband flies a medical helicopter - I hope they don't shoot at him.

Edit, they have already had to reroute medical flights due to civil unrest...and other helicopters have been shot at - I guess they are mistaken for police. They are flying trauma patients.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were people this freaked out when Obama won in the first or second election? We had the tea party back then stocking up on guns and talking smack. And yet not chaos either time. If anything, I’m reminded of y2k.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Were people this freaked out when Obama won in the first or second election? We had the tea party back then stocking up on guns and talking smack. And yet not chaos either time. If anything, I’m reminded of y2k.

I hope you’re right, @nala. But America is a very different, much more divided, country now, with many more groups threatening to take to the streets.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I guess we're going to find out soon enough.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Edit, they have already had to reroute medical flights due to civil unrest...and other helicopters have been shot at - I guess they are mistaken for police. They are flying trauma patients.

No words. But hugs.
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
nada on tue the results will be in to late.
wed maybe something.
If the results change from wed to the time the vote counting is complete all heck is going to break out.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to crawl in a hole and not come out for the next week. I hate election time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walmart initially pulled guns and ammo but reversed that decision. Hmm. I’ll be hunkered down the next couple weeks. Fortunately that’s nothing new. :lol: But seriously this is a worrisome time. The furor from some opposing a recent appointment has me thrown. Cannot imagine what will ensue after this is decided. Wishing everyone safety and peace in this tumultuous time.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
if the businesses in major metropolitan cities already boarding up, is any indication, i think it might be wise to just stay in.

i can't bring myself to monitor the news.

i will happily stay in a creative frame of mind. i will continue to make progress on my jewelry projects. i will continue to work on my painting. i will cook and bake and garden. i will go about my day like any other, good day.

this is a very turbulent time in our history, for political reasons, for health reasons ....

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be working on a project, so basically tied to my computer per usual. But I will not be watching any of the festivities no matter what happens. Wednesday will be soon enough to deal any of the effery...lol

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who are you all anticipating will do what? I don’t know one person In my life who is riling up to stir chaos. And l know a lot people from both political parties.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who are you all anticipating will do what? I don’t know one person In my life who is riling up to stir chaos. I and l know a people from both political parties.

Pretty sure its mostly state dependent. Folks are already wilding out about covid, some don't need much more. And the festivities in FL (depending where you live) have been something else. 4 unfortunately short blocks away and girl...its kinda crazy....at a major intersection no less.

I'm in a very mixed neighborhood, racially and politically. Personally I don't care who people vote for, their vote, their business. just vote! neighbors have their own thoughts because we keep it copacetic, but outsiders can't come up in here pulling a nutty. People have had to be ushered out.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Who are you all anticipating will do what? I don’t know one person In my life who is riling up to stir chaos. I and l know a people from both political parties.

I was about to post links to news articles about the hundreds of protests and actions planned by various groups. But those links mention political candidates and parties so I won’t post them. Trying to keep this thread politically neutral. PS rules. =)2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all for people exercising rights. But once you go to someone else's neighborhood with your shenanigans then you are out of line. Love the word effery @Arcadian.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was about to post links to news articles about the hundreds of protests and actions planned by various groups. But those links mention political candidates and parties so I changed my mind.

Well the protests were nonstop in my neck of the woods this summer. If it’s just that, we will be fine. In fact, maybe less people will participate based on their observations of how things escalated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results