shape
carat
color
clarity

small stones for stacking rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love the stacking rings that have been posted over the last few days and would love to create a few as my next project. I think it would be fun and not quite as expensive as the previous projects I have done over the last 2 years.

I really want to find the stones myself and than get the setting made....it is more fun for me that way :). I have looked everywhere online and have not found many great quality, small stones (3-5 mm). The few I have found are sold as soon as they are put up. I work all day, and waiting for a site to post new stones is not really an option for me.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about this? I am pretty open to the type of stone assuming it is hard enough to be in a ring. I love shades of pink, purple, blue and green.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not many retailers carry melee. Your best bet would be to call your dealer and ask him or her to get you a parcel from a wholesaler.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, I bought a small violet spinel from John B at gemrite - 0.35ct, which is about right for the stacking rings you are talking about. Last time I checked he still had a couple round that size, plus they''re cheap
5.gif

I will most likely have it set in a rose gold stack ring, one I become un-lazy enough to post it to Canada during the hols, lol !
Seeing as they''re all custom jobs, you can pretty much do whatever sizes you want - they certainly don''t need to be as small as melee.

hope you find what you want !

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking for similar smaller stones. I picked up a chrome red garnet (ant hill) from Gene at Precision Gem recently, and a small blue sapphire from Barry Bridgestock at ACStones. I think from reading what Barry had to say, is that he is interested in cutting more of these smaller size stones.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought 2 4mm sapphires from Simply Sapphires. They''re gorgeous and reasonable.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a fun project. I do see stones between 4 and 5mm on some of the sites. Have you checked mountlilygems? I think they have some small sapphires. Gemrite has a couple of small stones too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just saw the suggestions you all have....I just got ofg of 30 stressful hours in an intensive care unit....that will be one of my more memorable nights of residency....glad to come back here and forget about it for a few minutes.

Harriet...I was thinking about doing that, my sapphire ring needs a re-plating...maybe a 2 in one trip???.

Fly Girl...I saw that sapphire you bought and clicked on it and saw it was sold, than came on here and saw that you grabbed it....glad it went to a pricescoper. I am glad to hear that Berry is interested in cutting more of those stones :). I would love to see more pics of that blue beauty.

arjunajane, katiedid, and interkittin: All places i have not looked at closly. Thanks for the suggestions. I will check all of them out.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I saw some small pretties on the gemrite site too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results