shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of diamond = how much he loves you?

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
I thought the diamond was supposed to be a token of your love! When I was e-ring shopping, I had several sales assistants suggest that the more that I loved her, the bigger the diamond I should buy. At first I really had no budget or any idea, so we would start out on the bigger diamonds. How about this one? Gasp! 25 thousand for a really small rock? I'm not that much in love, maybe just like alot. But it did crack me up that that used that as a sales tactic. Several women I know have used their own money to get their bling. Whatever makes you happy I say.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
So if we men gave women cars as engagement presents I'd have to buy her a really expensive Mercedes-Benz or I don't love her a lot? PC or not, I don't think I can say the size of the diamond equals how much he loves you.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I equate the size of the diamond with the income or budget rather than the amount of love a guy has for his wife/fiancee. In fact, I've never heard anyone ever say anything IRL anything about love and diamond size being proportional. A girl I went to high school with recently got engaged with something looking like a 3-4 ct honker. (She recently moved to Orange Cty and met a millionaire )- I thought it was more for show and status, since she always is posting pictures of the designer shoes she bought her, the new Mercedes ....I think he's over compensating for something else being too small....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie|1309434138|2958908 said:
I equate the size of the diamond with the income or budget rather than the amount of love a guy has for his wife/fiancee. In fact, I've never heard anyone ever say anything IRL anything about love and diamond size being proportional. A girl I went to high school with recently got engaged with something looking like a 3-4 ct honker. (She recently moved to Orange Cty and met a millionaire )- I thought it was more for show and status, since she always is posting pictures of the designer shoes she bought her, the new Mercedes ....I think he's over compensating for something else being too small....

Charbie, :lol:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1309447066|2959065 said:
charbie|1309434138|2958908 said:

Charbie, :lol:
:bigsmile:

my DH gave me an ~.35 ct solitaire er...I know I've talked about it before, his grandmother passed it down to him and I love every bit of it. I think that shows more love than a 3ct honker!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone really think that? I think its just a silly thing that people say but I wouldn't think that anyone actually believes it, right? My reaction to a big ring is usually one that others have echoed: the couple (or bearer) enjoys a comfortable lifestyle, etc. or that even if they don't, they've saved a substantial sum for this beautiful piece of jewelry. I never really think about love in regards to size even though the item in question is an engagement ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results