shape
carat
color
clarity

size for pear side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momsboyz

Rough_Rock
I am looking to reset my pear diamond with 2 side pears. My pear is 1.83 carats. What size pear side stone should I be looking at? I saw a setting with 0.54 ctw, is this to small? I don''t want the side stones to take away from the center stone. I also don''t want the typical 3 stone look where the 3 stones are similar in size. Any thoughts?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mom,

Welcome to Pricescope!

I have 1.02 center stone and the sides are approx. .25 each. I think that looks quite proportionate, or it could be I just got used to it. Plus my stone is round. Personally I think that for your size center stone, somewhere between .25 - .40 would be nice. Anything bigger might be too much for the center stone.

Would you say your our pear is more long or wide? I think that if it is rounder (fatter) that smaller sides would be nice. If it is longer, you may get away with slightly bigger ones. Either way you'll have a real nice look.

Do a search on pears and see what's out there. AGBF had a similar ring made with a spinel. Can't remember the size of her center but it sure looked nice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

~kmom
35.gif

momsboyz

Rough_Rock
kmom, thanks for your opinion. It helps to here others thoughts.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi- K-mom brings up good points about shape.
THere are different profiles of pear shapes- which will call fir different shaped side stones.
Also- due to differences in depth, two .50 pear shapes can have widely differing dimensions.

I just needed to pick side stones for a 2.74 pear shape- I ended up choosing 1.86carat total weight side stones.
Too small and it looks silly and too large detracts from the center.

Shown below is 2.30 center diamond flanked by 1.01 carat total weight in side pears- the photo is to give you an idea of relative sizes
230101e.JPG

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I totally LOVE 3 pears!! SO PRETTY! I can''t wait to see it!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mom,

I was mistaken (how could I forget
33.gif
) that AGBF's spinel is not a pear, it is an oval stone. The sides are around .54 each and I think they look real nice. The center stone is 1.78 and although it is a different shape you can get some perspective on the size since it's pretty close to the size of your center stone.

Here's her thread. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results