shape
carat
color
clarity

Size does matter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 2:16:36 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 3/1/2005 8:23:24 PM

Author: ForteKitty

If I were a guy, i''d propose with the ugliest ring I can find. If she still manages to say yes, then I''d take out the 2 carat.
11.gif
FK

i don''t think the guy will have a chance to take out the 2 ct because he''ll be SHOT to dead after he trys to propose with the ugly ring.

I always wondered if a girl would really throw up like on Sex In the City if she was proposed to with a really ugly ring?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
response to fortekitty: another area where size does matter. in the bedroom!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
well, there is such a thing as too big...
2.gif
What good is a big one if you end up limping around?

Get your minds out of the gutter!! I''m talking about a diamond, of course!! if it''s too big you''ll topple over sideways!
9.gif
17.gif
2.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 12:38:19 PM
Author: fire&ice
Date: 3/1/2005 8
6.gif
0:17 PM

Author: Mara

Date: 3/1/2005 7:46
6.gif
1 PM

Author: strmrdr

Well my survey says that 100% of the women worth getting married too would say yes even if it was a pebble held in a twist tie presented in a mcdonalds chicken nugget box :}

Strm I think your standards are a LITTLE high. While I can appreciate the non-material sentiment, I don''t know honestly if I would have instantly said yes if Greg got down on one knee, presented a McDonalds chicken nugget box which I then opened to find a pebble tied with a bright green bread twist.

Chances are better I would have taken him instantly to the nearest hospital for a checkup.
9.gif
Oh and of course I still would have married him, but after I got the psychiatric workup back!
31.gif

Note to susceptible proposers...don''t test the girl by proposing this way! Give her a puppy instead or something if you feel the urge to think ''out of the box''.
2.gif
Too funny Mara - except I know you weren''t kidding! Yep, a trip straight to the hospital here as well.
28.gif
9.gif
My guy''s got to be checked out.

Why is it that there are always two camps? The camp that has to have the big diamond because they just want presents AND the camp that has to be happy with *whatever* a guy gives her. There''s not a whole lot of give and take, epecially in the last senario. How arrogant to assume that she will want whatever you give her? It''s like - you have me that''s *all* you should want.

Isn''t it all about trying to please your future partner in life? I''m not advocating going into debt to propose; but, I would think (as I did) that my future hubby would *want* me to have something nice & special within his means - and put some thought into it.

Oh, I promised myself I wasn''t going into this again. Maybe I should kill the messenger
28.gif
9.gif
11.gif
- and a messenger with a big diamond -
6.gif

A big thank you goes out to Fire & Ice for sharing her sensible wisdom.

Storm: not all girls who want a nice-sized diamond are unworthy. In fact, I look at my nice-sized diamond every day and think how incredibly lucky I am to be loved by a man who cared enough to consider what kind of ring I wanted. What a sweetie!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author: strmrdr

Well my survey says that 100% of the women worth getting married too would say yes even if it was a pebble held in a twist tie presented in a mcdonalds chicken nugget box :}

Strm I think your standards are a LITTLE high. While I can appreciate the non-material sentiment, I don't know honestly if I would have instantly said yes if Greg got down on one knee, presented a McDonalds chicken nugget box which I then opened to find a pebble tied with a bright green bread twist.

Chances are better I would have taken him instantly to the nearest hospital for a checkup.
9.gif
Oh and of course I still would have married him, but after I got the psychiatric workup back!
31.gif

Note to susceptible proposers...don't test the girl by proposing this way! Give her a puppy instead or something if you feel the urge to think 'out of the box'.
2.gif
Too funny Mara - except I know you weren't kidding! Yep, a trip straight to the hospital here as well.
28.gif
9.gif
My guy's got to be checked out.

Why is it that there are always two camps? The camp that has to have the big diamond because they just want presents AND the camp that has to be happy with *whatever* a guy gives her. There's not a whole lot of give and take, epecially in the last senario. How arrogant to assume that she will want whatever you give her? It's like - you have me that's *all* you should want.

Isn't it all about trying to please your future partner in life? I'm not advocating going into debt to propose; but, I would think (as I did) that my future hubby would *want* me to have something nice & special within his means - and put some thought into it.

Oh, I promised myself I wasn't going into this again. Maybe I should kill the messenger
28.gif
9.gif
11.gif
- and a messenger with a big diamond -
6.gif

A big thank you goes out to Fire & Ice for sharing her sensible wisdom.

Storm: not all girls who want a nice-sized diamond are unworthy. In fact, I look at my nice-sized diamond every day and think how incredibly lucky I am to be loved by a man who cared enough to consider what kind of ring I wanted. What a sweetie!
1.gif
I obviously totally agree...personally I think that any man who would TEST his wife-to-be by giving her something that could be construed as undesirable just to see if she is 'good enough' to marry him is not worth having...but that is my two cents. It's different if the sentiment is more along the lines of 'I don't have much now, so here is something from my heart aka the braided ring or a simple gold ring or something' (and strms example was NOT something like that)...but if my guy insinuated that he thought I'd be more after the ring or his MONEY (please) than him..he probably wouldn't have made it to the proposal in the first place...I would have gotten rid of him a long time ago!

I have never had patience for game playing in relationships, what you see is what you get, I am honest and will tell it like it is and I have always told Greg that...don't bother to look for a hidden meaning in what I say because there isn't one. It makes things in relationships so much easier to not have any sort of agenda or game playing..that includes 'testing' love or materialism etc. Also, from experience...when your mate in life is happy, you are happy too. I would never dream of curtailing Greg's love of cars (as long as we can fit them and afford them!) and I would hope he would never dream of curtailing my love of gardening or diamonds or anything else that I fancy. Happy mate, happy life!

I think the 'big diamond' thing gets a bad rap...if you say 'oh i want a big honking diamond' people automatically think you are material. But when someone says 'I would love a Porsche...not everyone just assumes that you want a flashy, expensive car...it could be about the engine (just like Playboy is about the articles).

I don't let any of the assumptions get to me though...as I noted before I don't have a flashy car so I obviously am not some material person who gets off on having only the best of everything. I'd rather have a bigger diamond or more diamonds than a CAR...when my old one works just fine (though for the record I will probably be leasing a Mini later this year as my old car is on it's last legs and Mini's are cute, practical, and cheap).
But like F&I..I almost get a perverse thrill driving my older car around with my flashing gaudy diamond rings...hee!

diamondchickie

Rough_Rock
Hi Mara-

Did you finally get your centerstone upgraded?

DC

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm perhaps I touched a nerve.
My original comment was to show how stupid these surveys are.
Do you really think that National Jeweler Online would report anything that didnt serve its and the industries best interest???
Yet a lot of people will praise it because it tells them what they want to hear.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DC...not yet!! Hopefully someday soon when the right stone comes along!!

Strm ....you didn''t touch MY nerve on this one...I know you are just an instigator.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2005 5:33:13 PM
Author: twinkletoes
response to fortekitty: another area where size does matter. in the bedroom!
only if that big honker can perform,...you can always upgrade like many of the girls here but, make sure it''s certified by a good lab....like FK said of course we''re talking about diamonds.
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 6:52:48 PM
Author: Mara
I think the ''big diamond'' thing gets a bad rap...if you say ''oh i want a big honking diamond'' people automatically think you are material. But when someone says ''I would love a Porsche...not everyone just assumes that you want a flashy, expensive car...it could be about the engine (just like Playboy is about the articles).

No, I draw the line at one crucial word in your post: "want." I have no problems with a girl that wants a big honking diamond. That''s much, much different from a girl who says she [/i]must[/i] have a big honking diamond.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
What about a girl who would rather wear a plain band than wear a diamond that''s smaller than 7mm x 6mm?

My best friend said she wont wear anything smaller than that because it disappears on her hand, so she''s willing to wait until they have the disposable cash to buy one. In the mean time, she''s wearing a plain band.

I don''t think that''s unacceptable.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK Ladies...
31.gif

The voice of reason has to step in here...This thread has become waaaay too personal...
37.gif

I like that we can all talk about non-diamond issues but maybe we should leave the bedroom talk for the bedroom?

POOR LEONID must be besides himself...
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josh, I have to admit that I am a bit surprised of the twists and turns that has happened to this thread too. I orginally posted it because I thought PS members might be interested in this short article I read in National Jeweler.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, a l-i-t-t-l-e TMI goin on here. Save it for another forum gals. Back to the topic at hand, please.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Forte Kitty:

I have had the best laugh today because of you! You are so funny!
36.gif

Cflutist:

See ya never know what may happen to your thread! Its all good!
21.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
$2K for a 1ct? where? a quick search i did only found .5-.7s for around 2-3k - is this the kind of mall shopping thing?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Happy mate, happy life!

But like F&I..I almost get a perverse thrill driving my older car around with my flashing gaudy diamond rings...hee!
When you have children that changes to "When Mommy''s happy, everyone''s happy" - even if you are refering to 4 legged kids.

Yep, gotta love my Blue Velvet. You simply must get some fuzzy dice & a bobble head for the back.
9.gif
. Though I must admit I was embarrased (just for a moment) a couple of months ago when I ran into an old college aquaintence at the grocery store. We were talking and walking out to our repective cars. Me approaching our 1980''s buick - he approaching his Lexus. I wondered if he took pity on me.
6.gif
9.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 5:40:33 PM
Author: ForteKitty
well, there is such a thing as too big...
2.gif
What good is a big one if you end up limping around?

Get your minds out of the gutter!! I''m talking about a diamond, of course!! if it''s too big you''ll topple over sideways!
9.gif
17.gif
2.gif

true, there is such a thing as too much. "who needs this much ___________?!" insert with whatever floats your boat.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results