shape
carat
color
clarity

size differences

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit - I'd mislabelled the bigger as my 11.9mm WSS. It's not, it's my 9.7mm akoya. Fixed within my edit window, sorry all :rolleyes:

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Probably not a lot. But enough that relying on dimensions from pics is a bit of a problematic proposition.

Hard to argue with the data -- thanks for taking the time!.

Both views way underestimate the difference in diameter, which should be 61% and not the 26% and 32% (ish) that I get from (imprecise) measuring on my monitor with a clear metric ruler.

You are correct -- I can't say much of anything from photos like these. I hope I remember this!

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Edit - I'd mislabelled the bigger as my 11.9mm WSS. It's not, it's my 9.7mm akoya. Fixed within my edit window, sorry all

You never should have said that -- take my humble admission of ignorance and never look back!

Now it should be a 31% difference in diameter and it is much "truer" (i.e., ~ 32%) in the second set of images, as you initially suggested and later proved!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex :lol:

There is, I acknowledge, the fact that ears do tend to keep their shape regardless of how often we might change earrings - so one of these comparisons may be of rather more real-world practicality than the other :lol:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.