shape
carat
color
clarity

Size difference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vness

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone would be able to answer a small question. I currently have a S11 I .54 RB (5.20mm x 5.28mm)...I am curious as to how much bigger a .75-.80 RB would look. I just would like to know for future reference when I do decide to upgrade. We wouldn''t want to spend MUCH more then we already did, but make it seem bigger.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
5.gif

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
All diamonds are cut differently... here is a rough estimate I found in another thread

0.50 carat 5.20 mm
0.55 carat 5.40 mm
0.65 carat 5.60 mm
0.70 carat 5.80 mm
0.75 carat 5.90 mm
0.78 carat 6.00 mm
0.85 carat 6.20 mm
0.90 carat 6.40 mm
1.00 carat 6.50 mm

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
37.gif

Date: 8/22/2009 10:50:07 PM
Author:Vness
Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone would be able to answer a small question. I currently have a S11 I .54 RB (5.20mm x 5.28mm)...I am curious as to how much bigger a .75-.80 RB would look. I just would like to know for future reference when I do decide to upgrade. We wouldn''t want to spend MUCH more then we already did, but make it seem bigger.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
5.gif
What is your definition of bigger?lol...
35.gif

Your talking about a quarter carat outside diameter increased by .8 of a millimeter.

Side by side you would pick the bigger stone everytime based on cut quality.

Is it worth the extra cost to upgrade...???

I would wait until you could go to a full carat...Find a stone around .9 and save yourself the premium of hitting the carat mark..

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2009 11:15:07 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
37.gif

35.gif

Your talking about a quarter carat outside diameter increased by .8 of a millimeter.

I would wait until you could go to a full carat...Find a stone around .9 and save yourself the premium of hitting the carat mark..
great advice here.

However, if your only talking like a few hundred dollars in upgrade cost (which mine was, I opted to take the extra .20carat difference and jumped at the upgrade) then by all means I would do it, it just makes it that much closer to your goal whatever it is.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/22/2009 11:27:44 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 8/22/2009 11:15:07 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
37.gif

35.gif

great advice here.

However, if your only talking like a few hundred dollars in upgrade cost (which mine was, I opted to take the extra .20carat difference and jumped at the upgrade) then by all means I would do it, it just makes it that much closer to your goal whatever it is.
I guess the bigger question is how many green-backs we talkin??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results