shape
carat
color
clarity

Six trades, seven stones later. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHHH
30.gif

The funny thing is that it looks HUGE on your hand but in actuality a 2.2c is not THAT big on a 5.5 size finger. Lynn B just got a 2.36c ideal with a size 5 finger and I hate to say it, don''t kill me Lynn, but it doesn''t look as big as yours does MGR!!! *ducks and runs for cover* But it still looks huge Lynn.
2.gif

So my expert analysis (yeah right) leads me to believe that it''s the three stone sparkle that is just blowing up this center stone!!

I have a 1.60c right now and I am well on my way to a six trade/seven stone story at some point as well, I am already on stone 3 in 2.5 years. Anyway, I am thinking that my next jump will be around 2.25c and am thinking the cost to jump from there to around a 3.25c which would be my ''dream size'' may be too cost prohibitive for a good 10 years, we got other priorities dammit. SO the wheels have been turning on a 3 stone with that future 2.25c and this ring is solidifying that in my mind!!

It''s STUNNING, the ring is beautiful, love the U setting...congrats!!! Wear it well and in good health!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
MGR- I''m so glad you''ve joined PS.

I know all about your gorgeous stone from DiamondLil.
9.gif

I love it. It looks huge and beautifully cut.

(good ol Mervis
31.gif
)

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Welcome to PS!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
MGR,

W*O*W!!!
23.gif
I agree with everyone. That stone just looks humungo on your hand! And it is so sparkly and white! I think it was well worth your wait. Now you have that baby to enjoy forever! You''re not planning to trade up that puppy anymore are you? It looks so ginormous!! I think the side stones are giving the center stone an extra "wow" effect to it. All I can say is W*O*W!!

Hey Mara, I saw a 2.22 J, SI2 ACA at WF!
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif
I was considering that stone for my e-ring, but Sam told me we can''t afford it. I called WF and Denise told me it was eye clean!! It''s going for a very reasonable price too! Too bad it was 3K over our budget....
7.gif
Just thought you might want to know......
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone - and a special hello to Kaleigh and Sevens One. I''ve heard about you guys and of course have seen your sparklies here. ''K'' is a well remembered show! Yes, Mara, I do think the three stone ring gives more ''bling'' - however, from time to time I wonder about having this reset as a solitaire with the thinner band. Never sure - never satisfied! I do know that at some point stones that are much larger just don''t look real to the average person - least not those at grocery stores and malls - where I most frequently am! I can''t see myself with a 3 ct. stone but I have learned never to say never. Been there done that too many times obviously! I am however really happy with what I have - I don''t have that twisting in my stomach anymore that says maybe one more time. . . feels like I just took Alka Selzter - you know?!?!?!?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give yourself time MGR..hanging around PS is bad for diamond shrinkage syndrome!!

Milly, oh I know, trust me, I''ve got my eye on that one...
31.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, sounds like something is stirring in your corner........

MGR, I agree, sometimes a stone too large will appear fake to other people that you usually come across, i.e. the mall, grocery store, etc. like you have mentioned. Enjoy this one while it''s here. I don''t think you''ve had enough time to take it all in yet, right?

And Mara is right, hanging around PS is really really bad for the DSS (Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome). I plan to limit my dosage of PS after I get engaged. There are so many beautiful large stones here...I really don''t want DSS, although I know it''s inevitable.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yes, please stick around MGR.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my expert analysis (yeah right) leads me to believe that it's the three stone sparkle that is just blowing up this center stone!!
Yes, this three stone setting is a fantastic center stone enhancer. When I saw this ring, I thought was FOUR carats! lol

Breathtaking wedding set. Congratulations!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome and WOW your ring is beautiful!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 1:05:13 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Thanks again everyone - and a special hello to Kaleigh and Sevens One. I''ve heard about you guys and of course have seen your sparklies here. ''K'' is a well remembered show! Yes, Mara, I do think the three stone ring gives more ''bling'' - however, from time to time I wonder about having this reset as a solitaire with the thinner band. Never sure - never satisfied! I do know that at some point stones that are much larger just don''t look real to the average person - least not those at grocery stores and malls - where I most frequently am! I can''t see myself with a 3 ct. stone but I have learned never to say never. Been there done that too many times obviously! I am however really happy with what I have - I don''t have that twisting in my stomach anymore that says maybe one more time. . . feels like I just took Alka Selzter - you know?!?!?!?
MGR--welcome to PS!
35.gif

it looks like you hit the jackpot! Your stone is just gorgeous & well worth the search & the wait! You''re a true PS-er already--you included some flower shots!
9.gif

It seems to me that sometimes stones look bigger in solitaire settings with thinner bands (it''s all about proportion!), but there''s most definitely a higher bling factor with sidestones. They provide a nice, balanced look with a large center stone (not to mention the blinding sparkle!)
10.gif

I think your ring is absolutely gorgeous--don''t change a thing! (for a while, anyway! LOL...
31.gif
) I love the setting & it looks wonderful with your (etoile?) wedding band. Wear it in good health!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MGR,
You have to come to our next get together in Baltimore!!!!! I have to see this beauty in person!!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 12:17:13 PM
Author: Mara
AHHHH
30.gif

The funny thing is that it looks HUGE on your hand but in actuality a 2.2c is not THAT big on a 5.5 size finger. Lynn B just got a 2.36c ideal with a size 5 finger and I hate to say it, don't kill me Lynn, but it doesn't look as big as yours does MGR!!! *ducks and runs for cover* But it still looks huge Lynn.
2.gif

So my expert analysis (yeah right) leads me to believe that it's the three stone sparkle that is just blowing up this center stone!!
Mara, are you successfully dodging the eggs and tomatoes??!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I have to agree, that stone does look gorgeous
30.gif
-- and huge! Now whether or not I think that it looks "huger"
2.gif
(is that a word?!) than mine... well, I dunno about that!!!
9.gif

Maybe it is the 3-stone bling-bling factor? It could be. Here all this time, we think it's the thiiiiin bands that make our stones look BIG, when in reality, it's nice big stones beside them!?! Well, that's it, then! Three-stone rings for EVERYONE!!! (WHO KNEW???!!!)
2.gif

GREAT ring! Gorgeous stone! Good job!
36.gif

Lynn

baubleandhand3a.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love this big beautiful new three stone ring that has joined our forum! It is incredible. Thank you for posting it. And Lynn yours still looks huge too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I know a thing or two about diamond shrinkage. I know that this diamond obsession is an addiction too! I have ridden the wave for years - been seasick a time or two too!

Lynn your stone is a real beauty. Pictures can also be deceiving in terms of size. A couple of trades ago when I went to Mervis to look at new stones, I somehow ended up looking at mountings. I previously had a three stone mounting with smaller side stones. When one of the previous stones was plunked down in this new mounting I said that''s it! I don''t need a new stone at all - I just need this new mounting
30.gif
! HA! I was back within a year to look at those ''ideal'' cut stones again - and a new stone would make this mounting look brand new! When I think I am going to make a big purchase, I ALWAYS take my husband with me. I get so excited and nervous and gooey that I have to have someone with me that I trust to say yes it looks great or no that is just too much. He doesn''t get emotional about it as I do and is very level headed. Besides, when we make large purchases we have always gotten each other''s approval first.

I have seen so many of your beautiful rings on this site and everytime one really catches my eye I second guess mine. I have learned how to look at something and then wait three days to see if it is still rotting on my brain. If not, then I know I passed another "I think I want a blah blah" hurdle. Also, you could have a whole drawer full of mountings and nothing to do with them. I have earrings and pendant and bracelet and RHR so taking the side diamonds out and remounting them never seemed a good option for me. I have my signature pieces of jewelry that I wear every day and don''t change the look. If I don''t think I''ll wear it all the time, I don''t buy it. Alot of folks here have beautiful collections that they change up all the time. That''s just not me. So long story short, I''d love to think I''m done forever - at least with the center stone thing. Prices are going up so fast that in some part it drove me to make this last trade before I was really ready. Waiting was just going to cost more in the end - and not just a little more but alot more. When opportunity knocks, OPEN THE DOOR! Great philosophy huh? (Just as long as you are not taking food out of the babies mouths - or in my case, not making the next college tuition payment!)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh be still my heart! (to quote another PSer, I can''t remember who or when!) I love your three stone!!! (hehe... I''ve got one myself, so... ya know.
31.gif
)

congrats on your trade and welcome to the club!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous GORGEOUS!!! That''s all I can say! It''s just so HUGE and BLINDING and SCRUMPTIOUS I can hardly contain myself.
3.gif

I need to stop typing and go back and stare at it some more.
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, huge and sparkly.. and just stunning! congrats
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god Lynn your ring is huge too, no worries!!

Sometimes I wonder about those thin bands vs a more substantial setting....hmmm. I should get some CZ settings and play around with big stones.
9.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
MGR, that is a stunning ring and it looks fabulously HUGE on your finger. Congratulations on your ring!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we all go back and forth. Lynn, honey sweetie pie, your stone is friggin HUGE, so no worries there.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 9:38:53 PM
Author: kaleigh
... Lynn, honey sweetie pie, your stone is friggin HUGE, so no worries there.
2.gif
>> Thanks for the sweet post! xoxoxo!

And believe me, girlfriend - I''m not worryin''!
1.gif

Lynn

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Crap that's huge! What a beautiful stone!!! COngrats! I want one too :) I also think the size of the sides is perfection!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
G SI1 combo
36.gif
YG
36.gif

coconut

Shiny_Rock
WOW!
Beautiful!!!!
Just precious!!

To me, it looks HUGE for a 2.22carat!!!

Congratulations on your great find!
36.gif
YAY!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks, welcome to Pricescope!

It''s all been said, your ring is blingin'' and HUGE lookin!
30.gif
Beautiful! We''re so glad you came out to join us.
36.gif

Lynnnn, Lynnnnn, dear, you have not one iota to worry ''bout your blingin'' ring, I''m glad you''re not. It too, is HUGE! And can you say, it looks gorgeous on your hand??
36.gif

I''m a G/SI1 girl too, gotta love that combo!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
That baby looiks huge!!!
30.gif
Love your ring!

s95

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous stone and I love the wedding band, too! Thanks for a such a nice story. I''m so glad that you found someone to give you great service! What a beauty!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
missgotrocks - your ring is absolutely beautiful! It really does look HUGE on your hand! I have to say that it looks as big as my three stone ring and my center stone is 3.94!!!!!!

Your wait paid off in spades! Your ring is fabulous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, many thanks for all of your kind comments and warm welcome. The ring must look big because of the pictures - a 2.22 carat is a nice size diamond but to me the ring doesn''t look huge! As I said, I am using an older camera and even with the macro setting have to get pretty close to get any detail in the pics. I really do love my ring though and it''s always good to hear nice comments - especially over something that is so important to you. The beauty of this forum is that all of you understand exactly what I mean. The rest of the world sure doesn''t! I can''t tell you how many times I wished I just enjoyed collecting teacups or teddy bears or anything else that wasn''t as expensive as diamonds! When I was a little girl and would go to town with my mother, she would offer to buy me a toy. I always opted for a ring at the dimestore instead - always loved jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results